United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 21-06-2022, 09:41 AM   #1
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Antony

Erik ten Hag 'is closing in on signing his first Man United signing with Antony set to join in £40m deal... with club officials 'in Amsterdam to get the deal for Ajax winger across the line'

* Manchester United are set to make a £40million move for Ajax forward Antony
* The 22-year-old scored 12 goals for the Eredivisie title winners last season
* He has also attracted interest from Tottenham and other sides across Europe
* But reports claim United officials are in Amsterdam to get a deal over the line

Manchester United are reportedly closing in on their first major signing of the summer with Antony on his way from Ajax in a £40million move.

The 22-year-old enjoyed a successful season with the Eredivisie title winners, scoring 12 goals and providing 10 assists in new United boss Erik ten Hag's final season at the club.

This has led to the Brazilian, who has made nine senior international appearances, attracting interest from some of Europe's top sides including United and rivals Tottenham Hotspur.

United officials are due in Amsterdam to get a deal for the Brazilian over the line, according to The Sun.

Antony could be keen to follow in the footsteps of former boss ten Hag, who he personally thanked after departing the Dutch giants.

The Brazilian posted on Instagram: 'I want to thank you for everything you taught me. Know that I will always stand with you if you need me.'

Ten Hag, who has already begun work at United, is embarking on a difficult rebuild at the club this summer after a season in which much of the squad struggled to live up to the standards expected at the club.

Manchester United are reportedly close to signing Ajax forward Antony for £40million. The Dutch boss is also targeting former Ajax and now Barcelona midfielder Frenkie De Jong

A number of players, including Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard and Nemanja Matic, have already announced they will be leaving the club this summer with others expected to follow them out of the door.

Antony could be the first part of United's rebuild this summer with plenty of work to be done as they look to put their miserable campaign behind them that saw them finish sixth in the Premier League.

The Dutch boss is also targeting Ajax centre-backs Jurrien Timber and Lisandro Martinez as well as Barcelona midfielder Frenkie De Jong.

That may read like an expensive shopping list, United Chief Executive Richard Arnold insisted 'money is not a consideration' in United's transfer business during the sensational exchange with United supporters in a Cheshire pub.

United's interest in De Jong has been well documented as the two clubs have been at loggerheads over a fee for the 25-year-old Dutchman for some time now.

On De Jong, who Barcelona value at £69million, Arnold told fans: 'Money is not a consideration in who we want.

'It's that the manager wants him, that they've actually done the work on looking if he's a great player.

'Is it £100m or £200m? I don't know. Get who you f***ing want. Do you want me buying the players? Doesn't that ring a bell?'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10936183/Manchester-United-closing-signing-40m-Ajax-star-Antony-summer-signing.html
lebih urgent bek tengah & DM tapi kalo dapatnya penyerang yah gpp lah, biar gak bergantung sama Ronaldo terus. City, Liverpool, Spurs dah pada beli pemain, United sudah melepas bbrp pemain tapi masih adem ayem beli pemain
Old 28-07-2022, 09:31 AM   #2
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Antony

Erik ten Hag suffers yet ANOTHER transfer blow as Ajax demand £84MILLION for Antony - £16m more than their original asking price - days after the Man United boss urged the club to sign a forward

* Ajax have dramatically increased their asking price for in-demand star Antony
* Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag is keen to sign the Brazilian winger
* But the Dutch side have raised his price by £16million, up from £68m to £84m
* Ajax boss Alfred Schreuder has insisted 'nobody wants to sell' the 23-year-old

Ajax have dramatically upped their asking price for in-demand winger Antony in a bid to stave off interest from Manchester United.

New Red Devils manager Erik ten Hag is interested in bringing the Brazilian star to Old Trafford this summer.

But the Dutch side have raised their fee demand from £68m to £84m to underline he is not for sale.

With a little more than a month of the transfer window remaining, Alfred Schreuder's side are keen to send a message that the 22-year-old is 'non-transferable'.

Ten Hag has already made three signings as he looks to overhaul his squad after a hugely disappointing season.

Two of those have been from Holland - defender Lisandro Martinez from Ajax, his former employers, and left-back Tyrell Malacia from Feyenoord.

And the 52-year-old is keen on raiding his old side for the skilful wideman, who has scored 23 goals in 79 appearances in all competitions in his two years at the Amsterdam club.

Ajax have upped their asking price for Antony in a bid to stave off interest from Man United. Red Devils boss Erik ten Hag is interested in bringing the Brazilian to Old Trafford this summer. The 52-year-old worked with the skilful wideman while at former club Ajax. But Ajax boss Alfred Schreuder has insisted Antony is not for sale during this window. The 23-year-old has nine caps for Brazil, with two goals, and is considered a promising talent

He is more of a right-sided winger than a striker and would therefore offer competition to wide forwards like Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Anthony Elanga than Ronaldo or Anthony Martial.

Despite new Ajax boss Alfred Schreuder insisting Antony isn't going anywhere, Sportsmail reported last week that the Brazilian's representatives were in Manchester for talks.

But Schreuder insisted: 'Internally we have agreed that we want to keep the current squad together. Nobody wants to sell him... Antony is working well. I don't have the feeling that he's busy with a transfer.'

Last week he told ESPN: 'I really think he will stay... we have also bought players. But we have sold so many players that I assume nobody will leave. If we sell one more key player, it wouldn't be good for us.'

And in raising his asking price to a notional £84m - which United would be unlikely to pay - Ajax are effectively blocking the move.

Elsewhere, Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong is still waiting for £17m in unpaid wages from the Catalan side before he will consider a move to Old Trafford.

And United are not entertaining talk of a swap deal which would see forward Cristiano Ronaldo leave and Antoine Griezmann arrive from Atletico Madrid. It is a purely hypothetical situation, and not one they have discussed.

Austria striker Sasa Kalajdzic from Stuttgart has also been mentioned as United look to bolster their forward line, with other players under consideration too.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11053057/Ajax-raise-asking-price-Antony-68m-84m-ward-Manchester-United-transfer-interest.html
Old 15-08-2022, 10:03 AM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United target Antony delivers an Ajax MASTERCLASS just one day after Brentford thumped the Red Devils 4-0... as the Brazilian winger insists that he 'feels good' in Amsterdam

* Antony showcased his talents in Ajax's 6-1 win against Groningen on Sunday
* The Manchester United target admitted that he 'feels good' at the Dutch club
* He insisted: 'I'm focused on here. I give everything for this club, every minute'
* Erik ten Hag's side were thrashed 4-0 by Brentford and sit bottom of the table

Manchester United transfer target Antony produced a masterclass for Ajax during their 6-1 win against Groningen on Sunday, just one day after Erik ten Hag's side were thrashed 4-0 by Brentford in the Premier League.

The Brazilian winger scored Ajax's second of the match with a trademark left-footed strike from the right flank, minutes after gliding past three Groningen defenders with sublime skill in the penalty box.

Ten Hag has made no secret of his desire to reunite with the 22-year-old, having built up a positive relationship with the youngster in Amsterdam.

But after weeks of negotiation, Manchester United fell short of Ajax's reported £67m valuation, and it seems Antony is more than happy to stay put and continue thriving with the Eredivisie giants.

Manchester United transfer target Antony produced a masterclass for Ajax against Groningen

Speaking to Dutch outlet NOS, the Brazilian international admitted that he was 'fully focused' on Ajax, a mentality he more than displayed on Sunday.

'Will Ten Hag call me? No idea,' Antony said.

'He has to discuss this with my agents, I'm focused on here. What will come will come, we'll see.

'I feel good at Ajax. I give everything for this club, every minute. So I am loving this city and this club.'

Antony's masterclass, combined with his commitment to Ajax, continues to rub salt in the wounds of Red Devils fans, who have watched their team open the new campaign with successive defeats to Brighton and Brentford.

Ten Hag's side sit rock bottom of the Premier League and still look a way off signing any major or significant reinforcements this summer, having failed to lure Barcelona's Frenkie de Jong and new Red Bull Leipzig striker Benjamin Sesko.

Meanwhile in Amsterdam, ex-Spurs winger Steven Bergwijn has kicked off his Ajax career in explosive fashion, bagging a hat-trick against Groningen in only his second league match at his new club.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11111299/Man-United-target-Antony-delivers-Ajax-MASTERCLASS-admits-feels-good-Amsterdam.html
Old 18-08-2022, 09:56 AM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United face yet another transfer blow with Ajax winger Antony 'no longer an option for Erik ten Hag's side' as the Brazilian would 'now think twice before deciding to move to Old Trafford' after their poor start

* Man United have been linked with Antony throughout the summer window
* Erik ten Hag is a massive fan of the player following their time together at Ajax
* The Red Devils though struggled to meet the Dutch side's valuation of the player
* Antony himself said he 'felt good' at Ajax following their win at the weekend
* Dutch media have now reported that Antony is 'no longer an option' for United

Ajax forward Antony is 'no longer an option for Manchester United' this summer, according to Dutch media outlet De Telegraaf.

The Brazilian has been linked with a move to Old Trafford throughout the transfer window, with Erik ten Hag a massive fan of the player following their time together at the Dutch giants.

But in the latest blow to what has been a woeful transfer window for the Red Devils, it now looks like their pursuit of the talented 22-year-old winger could be over.

The report from a De Telegraaf journalist states: 'I believe that Antony is no longer an option for Manchester United and that Antony himself would think twice before deciding to join the club now.

'Especially when you see with how much joy he plays at Ajax. The Manchester United/Antony story seems over.'

Antony was in fine form as Ajax beat Groningen 6-1 at the weekend. He scored Ajax's second of the match with a trademark left-footed strike from the right flank, minutes after gliding past three Groningen defenders with sublime skill in the penalty box.

Despite Ten Hag's interest in the player, Manchester United fell short of Ajax's reported £67m valuation, and it seems Antony is more than happy to stay put and continue thriving with the Eredivisie giants.

Ajax star Antony looks likely to stay at the club despite interest from Manchester United. Erik ten Hag was keen to sign Antony who he knew from their time together at Ajax. Ten Hag has struggled to bring in the signings he would like during the summer transfer window

Speaking to Dutch outlet NOS, the Brazilian international admitted that he was 'fully focused' on Ajax, a mentality he more than displayed on Sunday.

'Will Ten Hag call me? No idea,' Antony said.

'He has to discuss this with my agents, I'm focused on here. What will come will come, we'll see.

'I feel good at Ajax. I give everything for this club, every minute. So I am loving this city and this club.'

While Antony's campaign has got off to a bang, Manchester United sit bottom of the table for the first time in 30 years following defeats to Brighton, and the 4-0 humiliation by Brentford.

Antony wouldn't be the first player United have missed out on, having failed to lure Barcelona's Frenkie de Jong and Red Bull Leipzig striker Benjamin Sesko to Old Trafford.

It was previously reported that Cristiano Ronaldo, Harry Maguire, Marcus Rashford, Luke Shaw and Bruno Fernandes have made it clear to the club that further signings are needed before the transfer window closes on September 1.

To date, United have only brought in Tyrell Malacia, Christian Eriksen, and Antony's former Ajax team-mate Lisandro Martinez through the doors this summer.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11117375/Manchester-United-Ajax-winger-Antony-no-longer-option-Erik-ten-Hags-side.html
Old 22-08-2022, 12:18 PM   #5
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United prepare to make a second bid for Ajax winger Antony after Brazilian makes it clear he wants the move... but Alfred Schreuder DEMANDS Dutch side reject all offers

* Antony was left out of the matchday squad against Sparta Rotterdam today
* The Brazilian has emerged as a top transfer priority for Manchester United
* United are preparing to make second bid after a first offer was rejected
* Manager Alfred Schreuder has demanded the board reject any more offers
* He also aimed a dig at United for not having Champions League football

Manchester United are weighing up an improved offer for Ajax forward Antony after the Brazilian made it clear he wishes to join them.

The 22-year-old missed today's 1-0 win over Sparta Rotterdam after he trained alone in the week following news of United making a £67.8million offer.

Ajax rejected that bid and manager Alfred Schreuder has demanded the club resist any more offers.

'I am assuming that the club will not sell Antony as we're in good financial position,' said Schreuder. 'I told the board that I want him to stay here.'

And in a swipe at United, Schreuder added: 'I understand Antony, but here you play for Ajax. We are playing Champions League football. I don't think Manchester United are playing Champions League football.'

Brazilian winger Antony was left out of the Ajax squad who beat Sparta Rotterdam on Sunday. Alfred Schreuder says he wants Antony to stay at the club and that Ajax are in a strong position

United staff are aware of Antony's intent to join them but Ajax are equally adamant he will not be sold.

As they wait to see if the deadlock breaks, United are prepared to step up negotiations with PSV Eindhoven for Cody Gakpo.

The 23-year-old, who also has interest from Everton, among others, would cost around £38m.

A deal for Chelsea's Christian Pulisic no longer seems viable with the winger ready to fight for his place.

United plan to complete the £70m signing of Casemiro from Real Madrid on Monday pending his visa. The 30-year-old underwent a medical on Saturday and will have his farewell ceremony with Madrid on Monday morning.

Ivorian central defender Eric Bailly is close to completing a loan move to French side Marseille.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11132027/Ajax-boss-Alfred-Schreuder-reiterates-desire-Antony-club-amid-Man-United-interest.html
Old 24-08-2022, 09:41 AM   #6
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Man United are set to launch a NEW bid worth £80m for Ajax star Antony after the Dutch giants snubbed their £68m offer... and Red Devils will also make an offer for Cody Gakpo after PSV's Champions League play-off against Rangers

* Manchester United are set to make a new bid for Ajax's Antony worth £80million
* The Dutch side have already rejected the Red Devils' previous offer of £68million
* United will bid for forward Cody Gakpo after PSV's Champions League decider
* PSV Eindhoven face Rangers in their playoff second-leg on Wednesday evening
* Man United also remain in the hunt to sign Barcelona playmaker Frenkie de Jong

Manchester United are expected to make an improved bid of around £80million for Ajax forward Antony.

The Brazilian is pushing to leave the Dutch champions after United's last bid of £68m was rejected.

United have indicated they will increase their offer for the 22-year-old and will also bid for PSV Eindhoven's Cody Gakpo following their Champions League decider with Rangers on Wednesday.

United defender Eric Bailly said his farewells at Carrington on Tuesday ahead of flying out on Wednesday morning to join Marseille on loan for around £2m.

Marseille can make the deal permanent for a further £6m if they qualify for the Champions League.

United also remain in the hunt to sign Barcelona's Frenkie de Jong.

Manchester United are expected to launch a new bid for Antony worth in the region of £80m. Antony was spotted watching the Manchester United game with his brother and agent. They watched Erik ten Hag claim his first win as United boss with a 2-1 victory over Liverpool

The Red Devils' summer transfer activity has finally gathered pace following Casemiro's £70m arrival from Real Madrid last weekend, and the Brazilian was in attendance at Old Trafford to watch Erik ten Hag's side beat bitter rivals Liverpool 2-1 on Monday.

Antony was also captured watching Man United's triumph with his brother and agent on social media, keeping a close eye on his former manager's progress at Old Trafford so far.

Despite United's superb home win, the final days of the transfer window promise to be busy for Ten Hag, as the Dutch manager looks to build upon Monday’s positive result.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11139593/Man-United-set-launch-NEW-bid-worth-80m-Ajax-star-Antony.html
Old 25-08-2022, 09:33 AM   #7
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Antony is confident of sealing £80m switch to Man United THIS WEEK as he begins Cheshire house hunt after provisionally agreeing five-year deal… with Ajax looking to replace him with Hakim Ziyech and Everton stepping up Anthony Elanga loan move

* Ajax forward Antony is confident of making switch to Manchester United
* Deal could go through this week and could reach to a figure of £80million
* The Brazilian's agent are house hunting in Cheshire ahead of transfer
* Ajax looking to replace him with former forward and Chelsea man Hakim Ziyech

Ajax forward Antony is increasingly confident of concluding an £80million move to Manchester United this week.

The Brazilian's agents, who also represent Tottenham's Lucas Moura, are in London ready to push a deal through while Ajax are speaking to Chelsea about re-signing Hakim Ziyech as a potential replacement.

Ajax expect United to offer around £76m plus add-ons for Antony on Thursday.

The 22-year-old has a provisional agreement in place on a five year deal with United while his representatives have begun searching for houses in the Cheshire area.

United's focus is on bringing in the forward that Erik ten Hag so badly wants but the 22-year-old's arrival could trigger the loan departure of Anthony Elanga who has interest from Everton.

Ajax forward Antony could seal move to Manchester United after provisionally agreeing deal. Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag worked with Antony during his time at Ajax. Antony's arrival could see Anthony Elanga leave on loan with Everton interested

The Goodison club also like United midfielder James Garner who is wanted by Southampton too.

United are also considering Newcastle goalkeeper Martin Dubravka once again after cooling on a move for Frankfurt 'keeper Kevin Trapp.

Marseille, meanwhile, have confirmed the loan signing of United defender Eric Bailly.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11143125/Antony-confident-sealing-80m-switch-Man-United-WEEK-begins-Cheshire-house-hunt.html
Old 26-08-2022, 09:41 AM   #8
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Antony is Ajax's 5ft 9in speed demon who shone in Brazil before becoming one of Europe's hottest talents... but with his stats comparing unfavourably to fellow Man United target Cody Gakpo, should the Red Devils REALLY be paying £80m to sign him?

* Manchester United are keen to complete deal for Ajax's Brazilian winger Antony
* They had an initial £68m offer rejected but are expected to put in another bid
* The Ajax star has excelled in Holland since his move from Sao Paulo in 2020
* United are also monitoring PSV star Cody Gakpo before the window shuts

Manchester United's summer transfer business has been one of the stories of the window, as their haphazard approach has seen them linked with a whole host of stars across Europe and beyond.

The protracted Frenkie de Jong saga has dominated their summer, while they have missed out on a plethora of forwards, been turned down by Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot and had to deal with a wantaway Cristiano Ronaldo.

Erik ten Hag has so far added Casemiro, Lisandro Martinez, Christian Eriksen and Tyrell Malacia, but is desperate to strengthen further in the final days of the transfer window.

One player they hope to bring in is Ajax winger Antony who has been linked with a reunion with his former boss, while United are also interested in a £38million move for Dutch winger Cody Gakpo from PSV.

Manchester United are keen to complete a deal for Ajax and Brazil winger Antony this month. Erik ten Hag is desperate to add further signings to build on Man United's win over Liverpool

The Red Devils had a £68m bid rejected for Antony last week but are expected to go in with a second £80m offer, with the Brazilian keen on the move.

He watched Ten Hag's side beat Liverpool on Monday from his home, while he was left out of Ajax's 1-0 win over Sparta Rotterdam on Sunday after he trained alone in the week following news of that United bid.

With that in mind, Sportsmail takes a look at Antony and weighs up what he would offer United should he be snapped up this summer.

Who is he?

Ajax star Antony, 22, has seen his stock rise over the past year, and he has fast become one of the continent's most exciting talents.

He impressed in his homeland while playing for Sao Paulo, with the winger first making his name when he won the J League Challenge tournament in Japan with the Brazilian side's youth team, and he was voted as the Player of the Tournament.

This provided the platform for his breakthrough campaign with the first team in 2019 when he scored six goals before he joined the Dutch giants for an initial £13m as a 19-year-old in 2020.

Antony has excelled ever since he moved to Ajax and has become one of Europe's hottest stars

The winger has been a revelation ever since he moved to Europe and excelled across his two full seasons at the Johan Cruyff Arena, winning two Eredivisie titles under Erik ten Hag.

He hit the ground running in Amsterdam with 10 goals and 10 assists in his first campaign before he added 12 goals and 10 assists last season.

This included two goals and four assists in seven Champions League games as Ajax dominated their group with six wins from six, before they were knocked out by Benfica in the last-16.

He continued his fine form at the start of this season, scoring once and adding two assists in the first two Eredivisie games, before he was left out for the clash with Sparta Rotterdam.

In total he has 24 goals and 22 assists in 82 games for the Dutch club, with his impressive performances in the Champions League catching the eye of a whole host of suitors across Europe.

What is his playing style like?

The 5ft 9ins speedster plays on the right side of midfield or attack and is renowned for cutting in on his left foot and causing havoc for opposition defences.

Antony is seen as a complete modern attacker, with an ability to score goals, provide assists with defence-splitting passes, and take on defenders.

The skilful Brazilian is seen as a proactive player who is always keen to attack the opposition and dribble past opponents. His directness is attractive to suitors.

He is technically strong, while his speed and acceleration are some of his key assets.

According to WhoScored.com, Antony was fouled an average of 1.3 times per game in the Dutch top flight, which demonstrates his dynamic playing style.

The winger played under Ten Hag in Amsterdam and the pair had a great working relationship

Compared to the United squad last season, which looked disjointed going forward during the dismal reign of Ralf Rangnick, the Brazilian averaged 1.8 dribbles per game, which was only bettered by Paul Pogba's two for the Red Devils.

Similarly, his 1.6 key passes per game was beaten by just Luke Shaw (2) and Bruno Fernandes (2.5), while only Cristiano Ronaldo (3.7) had more shots per game than the Ajax star (3.4), suggesting Antony would add much-needed creativity to Ten Hag's side.

The Brazilian has had question marks thrown at him surrounding his defensive output, but if he can provide attacking flair at Old Trafford, this won't be as big an issue.

How do his stats compare to other United targets?

United have been linked with a whole host of attackers this summer but as the final days of the transfer window tick by, it looks as if they have settled on Antony and PSV winger Gakpo.

Their hopes of acquiring Gakpo are boosted by Ruud van Nistelrooy's side being knocked out of the Champions League by Rangers on Wednesday.

Ten Hag had hoped to add both wingers with the Dutchman desperate to bolster his attacking options, although the chances of both signing are reducing, meaning they may have to prioritise one.

Gakpo would be a much cheaper option at around £38m and the 23-year-old statistically outperformed Antony in the Eredivisie last season.

This raises questions over whether United should refocus their efforts on the Dutch international and also whether they are paying way over the odds for the Brazilian.

Antony may have beaten Gakpo to the league title with PSV finishing just two points behind Ten Hag's side last season, but the Dutch star outshines Antony in numerous measures.

United are also interested in a move for PSV winger Cody Gakpo, who is valued at £38m. PSV winger Gakpo statistically outperformed Antony last season including in goals and assists

It must be noted that Gakpo did play 27 times in the league compared to Antony's 23 but he did net 12 times while the Brazilian scored eight.

Gakpo thoroughly outshone his Ajax counterpart in terms of assists, laying on 13 goals for his teammates compared to Gakpo's four, meaning the PSV star provided a goal contribution every 76.4 minutes, whereas Antony provided one every 144.6 minutes.

Gakpo's 3.6 dribbles per game would have him clear compared to United's players last year, while he created 3.3 chances per game in the Eredivisie in contrast to Antony's 1.9.

Despite Antony's undoubted class and pedigree, along with his close working relationship with Ten Hag from their time in Holland, the statistics of Gakpo do raise questions over the move for Antony.

But, if Ten Hag can complete deals for both as hoped, he will have added two of the Eredivisie's most destructive talents.

What has been said?

After Ajax rejected the first United bid, their manager Alfred Schreuder demanded the club resist any further offers for their star.

Speaking following their 1-0 win over Sparta Rotterdam which Antony missed, he told reporters: 'I am assuming that the club will not sell Antony as we're in a good financial position. I told the board that I want him to stay here.'

Antony meanwhile excelled under Ten Hag when the pair were together in Amsterdam and last week the winger hailed the influence of the Dutchman on his career.

He told Dutch paper De Telegraaf: 'Erik has been super important to me. I will always cheer for Erik after working so closely together.

Alfred Schreuder says he wants Antony to stay at the club and that Ajax are in a strong position. Antony has also broken through to the Brazil team after his strong performances for Ajax

When asked whether he could guarantee his stay with Ajax beyond the summer, he added: 'No, to be perfectly honest, I can't.

'Now I am focusing on playing football and have put all other matters in the hands of my agents and my brother. They will advise me on what is best.'

Antony's comments have only heightened speculation about his future, while Ten Hag has long been a fan, admitting in November 2021 that he expected Antony to be prised away from Ajax while he was manager.

Ten Hag told ESPN: 'He is going through an incredibly beautiful development. Especially if we perform in the Champions League, then it is clear that he will come into the spotlight and be interesting for a lot of clubs.

'If you play a role in the Brazilian selection, it is clear that he will be pulled. From a sporting point of view, it is clear that he is an incredible talent.'

Speaking in May, he also told De Telegraaf: 'If Antony were to go, it would be a loss for Ajax, because you have no-one in the current selection who can take over his position. He is top class.'

Who wants him?

While Ajax are insistent that Antony won't be sold, the Brazilian has made it clear he wants to join United.

Ten Hag's side are the front-runners for the winger, although over the past year he has also been linked with a whole host of top European clubs including Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Liverpool.

A second £80m bid is expected from United and Antony is confident that he will be able to conclude a move before the transfer window shuts.

His agents are in London to try and push through a deal, while Ajax are also lining up Hakim Ziyech as a replacement, although there are reports that the move is on the verge of collapse.

The Brazilian is confident of sealing a move to Old Trafford with personal terms provisionally agreed, while his representatives have already begun searching for houses in the Cheshire area.

Time is running out however, and United must act fast to get the deal over the line before Wednesday's deadline.

Antony's form has alerted several top European clubs, but United are favourites for his signature

Recognised internationally?

Antony impressed for Brazil's Under 23 team and was part of their Olympic squad for the delayed Tokyo games in the summer of 2021.

He helped his nation to win the gold medal, playing six times and starting in their 2-1 win over Spain in the final.

Following the tournament, he made his debut for the Brazil senior team last October and scored on his international debut against Venezuela.

He has since gone on to score twice and add two assists in nine games, although only two of these have been starts.

The winger will hope to be part of the Selecao's team in Qatar this winter, and could join a whole host of other Premier League stars in their squad if he does complete the move to Old Trafford.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11145527/Antony-passnotes-Ajax-star-Manchester-United-want.html
Old 28-08-2022, 09:41 AM   #9
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ajax FINALLY name their price for star man Antony as they ‘demand Manchester United pay £84.8m for Brazilian winger’... Red Devils STILL in talks but could walk away in pursuit of other targets, including Cody Gakpo

* Ajax demanding that Manchester United pay £84.8million for winger Antony
* Erik ten Hag wants reunion with ex-player to strengthen his attacking options
* Manchester United remain in talks with the Eredivisie club but could walk away
* Red Devils also interested in PSV's Cody Gakpo and Barca's Pierre Aubameyang

Ajax are reportedly demanding that Manchester United pay £84.8million for Brazilian attacker Antony, with the clubs remaining in talks over a transfer.

The Red Devils have already seen two bids rejected for Antony, with the second bid in the region of £76m.

Erik ten Hag is keen to be reunited with the Ajax man and add him to his attacking options at Old Trafford.

However, a move is proving difficult to complete as Ajax are still aiming to keep hold of the player unless their price tag of £84.8m is met, according to Sky Sports.

Ajax are believed to be in no need to sell, having already brought in £76.2m to the club through the major sales of Lisandro Martinez to Manchester United and Sebastien Haller to Borussia Dortmund this summer.

Ajax are demanding that Manchester United pay £84.8million for Brazilian attacker Antony. Manchester United see PSV's Cody Gakpo (pictured) as an alternative to Ajax's Antony. Pierre Aubameyang is another target for Manchester United but they will have to rival Chelsea

Another concern for Ajax is that they will have limited time to find a replacement for the 22-year-old with the transfer window set to close on September 1.

Antony was left out of the Ajax squad for their 1-0 win over Sparta Rotterdam on Sunday as it is thought that the player wants the move to Old Trafford.

The report suggests that the Red Devils are willing to walk away from the deal, but they are yet to reach that point as they are also looking at other options.

One option is for another Eredivisie-based player, Cody Gakpo from PSV and another is former Arsenal captain and current Barcelona spare-part Pierre Aubameyang.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11151815/Ajax-FINALLY-price-Antony-demand-Manchester-United-pay-84-8m-winger.html
Old 28-08-2022, 09:51 AM   #10
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Paul Scholes insists that Manchester United have to 'pay over the odds' for players as pundits admit £84.8million Ajax star Antony is a risk but could be a great signing for Erik ten Hag's side

* Ajax winger Antony wants to join Man United as both clubs try to negotiate a fee
* Paul Scholes believes that English clubs have to pay over the odds for players
* Rio Ferdinand insisted United will have to go 'above and beyond' for Antony
* While Peter Crouch backed the 'bundle of tricks' for Premier League success

Manchester United legends Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand believe their former team's summer pursuit of Ajax winger Antony is dragging on because of over-inflated transfer fees, with clubs having to 'pay over the odds for players'.

Speaking pre-match on BT Sport ahead of United's Premier League visit to Southampton on Saturday, Scholes, Ferdinand, and Peter Crouch gave their verdict on the Brazilian.

Antony is desperate to secure a move to Old Trafford but has been hampered in his efforts by Ajax's refusal to accept United's proposed fee, despite bidding £76.2million.

Scholes insisted that paying huge transfer fees for unproven players has become the norm for English sides while questioning whether the Eredivisie winger is good enough for the Premier League.

’Of course, they will take advantage of any club, we have seen it all summer with Chelsea paying over the odds for players,' said Scholes.

Brazilian winger Antony is desperate to join Manchester United during the transfer window. Paul Scholes questioned whether the Brazilian is good enough for the Premier League. Manchester United have had an offer of £76.2million rejected by Ajax for winger Antony. Antony has been left frustrated with Ajax due to the transfer having not yet materialised. Rio Ferdinand stated United will have to pay 'over and beyond' their previous estimation

’Now I feel a bit for the lad, he obviously wants to come to Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs in the world. He is at a good club in Ajax, don’t get me wrong.

’But this is a proper football club where he will be seen around the world and he is a player that obviously the manager likes, he’s had him before.

’I feel a bit sorry for the player, but we will see what happens.

’The one I would say is, is he good enough? I don’t think he scored that many goals or made that many goals in the Dutch league.

‘It will be a lot harder over here. The Dutch league is much easier league than here,' added Scholes.

Ex-teammate Ferdinand supported United's move for the right-sided player as he admitted that the Manchester side have a problem with their current crop of wingers all preferring to play on the left.

Ferdinand backed new United boss Erik ten Hag to build a team that 'suits his character' and stated that they will have to go 'above and beyond' if they are to land the Brazilian star.

’I think they have done that all summer, we have seen that with [Frenkie] De Jong. That has dragged on all summer because that is a player that he has identified and that he wants.

’He [Erik ten Hag] said that he wants to build a team that suits his character and personality and this player suits that as one of those players that can do that.

’That right-wing position, I know Jadon Sancho is there, is an area of concern as most of our wingers seem better on the left-hand side,' added Ferdinand.

‘But at the end of the day, what will be will be. Ajax don’t really need to sell, they are not under any financial pressure to sell.

'Manchester United are going to have to go above and beyond what they first expected to pay,' he said.

Former Liverpool striker Peter Crouch gave his thoughts on the transfer battle between the two clubs and echoed his fellow pundits sentiments, explaining that Antony would bring a new-look to United's attack.

’I like him as a player, I agree with Scholesy, I think it is harsh when you judge players on the amount of money these days.

’It is a lot of money definitely, but I think he has loads of ability and the fans will love him. He has a bundle of tricks and will open things up for them.

‘They [Manchester United] have bought well, they got Casemiro who is a natural born winner and Antony will give them that something different,' he added.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11151989/Paul-Scholes-insists-Manchester-United-pay-odds-players.html
kemahalan sih tapi EtH membutuhkan Antony dan Antony pun ngotot untuk pindah. kalo dah official sih pasti Antony akan memberikan yg terbaik buat United karena manajemen sudah mengusahakan transfer ini

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 4
Andi Istiabudi, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku