United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 20-09-2021, 09:35 AM   #1801
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David de Gea Quintana

David de Gea finally ends penalty hoodoo by saving his first in FIVE years from Mark Noble in Manchester United's 2-1 win over West Ham... ending a record of 41 spot-kicks without a stop

* David de Gea saved a penalty in Manchester United's 2-1 win over West Ham
* Stopping Mark Noble was de Gea's first open play penalty save in five years
* The Spaniard had a terrible record, having not saved his last 40 penalties
* That included all 11 penalties in the Europa League final against Villarreal

David de Gea finally put his penalty-saving curse behind him after stopping Mark Noble's effort in Manchester United's 2-1 win over West Ham on Sunday.

De Gea, known for being a fantastic shot-stopper when at his best, has been dogged by his penalty failures for several years.

But with United's win on the line after Luke Shaw handled in the area in second-half stoppage time, de Gea guessed the correct way and dived low to his left to keep Noble's effort out and secure three points for the Red Devils.

The question marks around de Gea's penalty-saving ability were well founded: until Noble, the Spaniard had not saved a penalty outside a shoot-out since April 2016. That was in the FA Cup semi-final against then-Everton striker Romelu Lukaku.

De Gea has to go back even further to October 2014, a whopping seven years ago, to find his last Premier League penalty save in open play from Leighton Baines, also of Everton.

Such was the concern over the 30-year-old's penalty problem that several observers called for his United rival, Dean Henderson, to take over the No 1 jersey.

Since the 2016 save, de Gea had missed 22 penalties from open play, whereas Henderson had saved eight.

David de Gea finally ended his dreadful penalty run in Manchester United's win over West Ham. De Gea saved from Mark Noble's spot-kick in the final minutes to ensure United got a 2-1 win. De Gea last saved a penalty in open play in 2016, from then-Everton striker Romelu Lukaku

The numbers made even more troubling reading when including penalty shoot-outs. Until saving Noble's penalty, de Gea had failed to save 41 penalties in total - 33 for United and eight for Spain.

Those include all 11 in the Europa League final against Villarreal in May, which United lost on penalties. A staggering shoot-out saw all 21 penalties scored until de Gea had to take one against his opposite number.

His tame effort was saved and Villarreal were champions. Fans and others were adamant that had Henderson started, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men would have lifted the trophy that night.

Solskjaer, however, continues to have faith in de Gea, and having now put that litany of bad penalty numbers to bed, perhaps the Spaniard's next 40 penalty efforts will make for better reading.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10006483/David-Gea-ends-penalty-hoodoo-saving-Mark-Noble-Manchester-Uniteds-win-West-Ham.html
Old 30-09-2021, 02:47 PM   #1802
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

David de Gea is 'back to his best' after making SIX saves in Manchester United's dramatic victory against Villarreal, insists Owen Hargreaves... while Michael Owen praises Spaniard for 'earning his corn'

* Cristiano Ronaldo scored a 95th-minute winner as Man United beat Villarreal
* But the Red Devils were indebted to David de Gea for keeping them in the game
* The Spaniard saved six of the seven shots he faced from the Spanish outfit
* Former midfielder Owen Hargreaves believes United can rely on him once more

David de Gea is 'back to his best' form after a magnificent display in Manchester United's last-gasp victory against Villarreal, according to Owen Hargreaves.

Cristiano Ronaldo once again stole the headlines after netting the winner for United in the fifth minute of stoppage time, after Alex Telles' superb volley - his first for the club - had cancelled out Paco Alcacer's opener.

But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men were indebted to their Spanish goalkeeper, who kept them in the game by saving six of the seven shots he faced from Unai Emery's men, including excellent stops from Alcacer and Arnaut Danjuma.

David de Gea (centre) is 'back to his best' after shining in Man United's win against Villarreal

The Spaniard saved six of the seven shots he faced from Unai Emery's men to keep United in it. Owen Hargreaves and Michael Owen both praised the 30-year-old's performance

And former Red Devils midfielder Hargreaves believes the club can once again 'rely' on the 30-year-old goalkeeper following his 'fabulous' start to the campaign, in which he has cemented his place as No 1 ahead of Dean Henderson.

'He made so many big saves.' Hargreaves told BT Sport. 'David de Gea was one of the most important players and he's been fabulous this season, obviously taking over from Dean Henderson.

'They can rely on him, he's back to his best.

'And when you have [Edinson] Cavani and Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes and [Paul] Pogba at the top of the pitch, you can find a way to win games late.'

Former United striker Michael Owen meanwhile believes De Gea 'earned his corn' when he kept the Spanish side at bay in the first half at Old Trafford.

'He (De Gea) relied on his defence in the second half, but first half it was save after save and that's when he really did earn his corn.'

The plaudits represent the latest upturn in De Gea's fortunes at Old Trafford.

His future at the club was plunged into doubt last season after he lost his place to Henderson and then finished a difficult campaign by missing the decisive penalty in the Europa League final having failed to keep out any of Villarreal's 11 efforts in the shootout.

But the Spaniard had been in inspired form even before this latest win, making a crucial save in the win at Wolves and a penalty stop in injury time of the victory at West Ham earlier this month.

Solskjaer revealed before United's shock defeat by Aston Villa at the weekend that De Gea had asked to cut his summer holiday short in a bid to reignite his career at the club.

'He did call me in the summer to end his summer holiday earlier and come back and start his pre-season before,' said Solskjaer. 'He wanted to be ready and be the best possible version of himself.

'Last season was a challenging one. He didn't play as many games because Dean came in and did very well.

'David has really worked and he's focused. Physically and mentally he's better, and when you feel you've done the work and got personal best in a few physical tests, it gives you more confidence and motivation.

'He plays behind a strong back four but to play in front of David when he's in this form is good for them.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10043153/David-Gea-best-insists-Owen-Hargreaves-display-Man-United-win.html
Old 25-10-2021, 10:33 AM   #1803
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

David De Gea was left 'angry' with Bastian Schweinsteiger after the German said Bayern Munich's Manuel Neuer was on a 'different level' to him... and the World Cup winner concedes progress at Man United is 'taking TOO LONG'

* Bastian Schweinsteiger joined Manchester United from Bayern Munich in 2015
* The German midfielder played alongside both David De Gea and Manuel Neuer
* The former Red Devil told the Spaniard that Neuer was on a 'different level'
* He has admitted it is taking too long to see success under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Former Red Devil Bastian Schweinsteiger has revealed that he left Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea angry with his comparisons to Manuel Neuer.

The midfielder arrived at Old Trafford from Bayern Munich in 2015 and went from playing with one international goalkeeper to another, swapping Neuer for De Gea.

And, now Schweinsteiger has revealed that the Spaniard was eager to discover how he compared to the German World Cup winner between the posts.

Former Man United man Bastian Schweinsteiger revealed he angered David De Gea. The former midfielder believes progress under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is taking too long

'When I first came to Manchester United De Gea said "tell me, am I better than Neuer?' I was like 'no, you're not. It is a different level",' Schweinsteiger told BBC 5Live.

'He was angry, but I explained why. Whenever he had a great game he would ask me again, I would still say he wasn't on that level.'

Schweinsteiger opened up on his dressing room relationship with De Gea as the goalkeeper prepared to face Liverpool in a crunch league clash on Sunday.

The former Red Devil told the Spaniard that Manuel Neuer (right) was on another level

The former German international only played in one league game between the two fierce rivals when United emerged victorious with a 3-1 win in his first season at Old Trafford.

But Schweinsteiger is not convinced Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side can replicate the success this term.

'It is the way that you play, what is your strategy,' he asked.

'If you have Cristiano Ronaldo and he takes his breaks from defending, but if he scores you goals in the box, that's what he does and what you have to know,' Schweinsteiger added.

'If you have centre backs that can't create quality passes like Leonardo Bonucci or David Alaba. Everything is more or less clear.

'Manchester United are still in progress. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer keeps mentioning that. It takes too long though for me in my eyes.

'If you look at Manchester City or Chelsea and the impact that Thomas Tuchel had on them - it was unbelievable.

'He knew exactly what the players needed to perform and they have a strategy and a DNA. They have more in their game.

'The experience of Cristiano Ronaldo and Raphael Varane will definitely help the team, but the question is how much are they involved in the tactics of the team.

'It is still not 100 per cent clear to me if Manchester United are going to be successful or not. They have great names like Paul Pogba and Cristiano Ronaldo, and I think that Marcus Rashford will help them a lot in the future because he has been injured. It has not been easy for them.

'But if you compare their football to other teams like Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool or even like Bayern Munich it is not on the same level at the moment. United can always hurt you in one game, that is clear to me, especially at Old Trafford.'

United are sixth in the table going into Sunday's action with four wins, two draws and two defeats from eight games.

A win for the Red Devils at home is vital as it could see them move into the top four within one point of their Merseyside rivals.

Solskjaer's side only have one point from their last three games and, if they are to stay in the title race, they must find some form quickly.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10125561/David-Gea-left-angry-Bastian-Schweinsteiger-said-Manuel-Neuer-better.html
Old 21-11-2021, 07:18 AM   #1804
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

DE GEA'S REACTION TO WATFORD DEFEAT

David De Gea has given his reaction to Manchester United's Premier League defeat at Watford.

The Spanish goalkeeper made two penalty saves in the first half at Vicarage Road, after Ismaila Sarr's spot-kick had to be retaken, but had to pick the ball out of his net four times, including twice in added time.

Speaking to club media, David said the following:

"I think it's simple. They play much better than us, they had more chances than us, they fight more than us, they want more than us. I think it was embarassing the first half, to be honest. We concede a lot of chances; we could have conceded four goals in the first half. It's not acceptable the level that we showed today."

On his first-half penalty saves, De Gea said:

"It was great for me at the beginning of the game. I make the two saves and say 'come on now, we have a big chance to win the game' but then we keep conceding chances, keep conceding easy goals, again and again. I don't know what to say. We're in a difficult moment. Sorry again, once again to the fans. That is not acceptable from us."

"It wasn't enough [the chances created in the second half]. The first half was embarrassing, like I said before. We need to start again from the first minute, not from the second half. Yeah, I don't have much more to say.

"It's hard to see, the fans shouting and be always with us; it's very tough. Sorry again, at the moment we are in a tough position but we are going to fight to keep winning games and put the team again in the top."

On the impact of Donny van de Beek, who came off the bench at half-time and scored United's only goal, De Gea commented:

"Yeah, he's been great, he showed character, passion. I'm very happy for him, he deserves it. He played very good. We are a team and as a team we were very, very poor. Yeah, it's been a difficult month for us. It's time to think, to see what we are doing wrong because it's a nightmare after a nightmare after a nightmare, so it's very tough."

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 08:47 AM   #1805
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

David De Gea insists there are 'many more good years to come' at Old Trafford as the Spaniard cements his place as the Manchester United's No 1 following his stellar campaign so far

* David De Gea believes he is reaching his peak years as a goalkeeper
* The Spaniard insists his best years are still to come at Manchester United
* De Gea has cemented his position as United's No 1 with a stellar season thus far
* Despite United's poor form, De Gea has been one of the standout performers

David De Gea has told Manchester United supporters that his best years are ahead of him and insists he's in the best shape of his career.

The Spaniard has been one of United's standout performers this year in what has been a turbulent season so far, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sacked following a run of dismal results.

While United as a collective haven't been singing from the same hymnsheet, De Gea has been head and shoulders above his peers and has made the No 1 jersey at Old Trafford his own again.

De Gea was voted as United's Player of the Month for November and he has promised fans that he is here to stay and cement his legacy as an all-time great at the club – while keeping Dean Henderson sat in the stands.

Manchester United star David De Gea believes he is reaching his peak years as a goalkeeper. De Gea has cemented his position as United's No 1 with a stellar season thus far. The Spaniard's performances have kept Dean Henderson on the bench at Old Trafford

'It's been a long time but, hopefully, there are more years to come and more trophies to come,' said De Gea.

'More good moments to live. So what can I say? I'm massively proud of what I did for this club and to play for this badge. It's amazing.

'I feel maybe in one of the best shapes of my career. I feel very well.

'Maybe some people think I'm older because I've been in the game for many, many years, but I'm still young for a goalkeeper.

'I'm still learning every day, giving 100 per cent in training, so like I say, hopefully there are more years and more games to come.'

United skipper Harry Maguire heaped praise on his team-mate following their impressive win over Norwich, which required the Spaniard to be at his best to secure all three points and a clean sheet.

'David's shown again he's a world-class goalkeeper, a great shot-stopper. When they created the chances, he was there, he made big saves,' Maguire told MUTV.

'He's played some magnificent football in his career. Since I've been here, it's probably the best form but that's probably for him to speak about.

'It's a big clean sheet for him. We haven't had enough this season, it's nice to start getting them, two on the spin and we've got to go again on Tuesday.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10312983/Manchester-United-David-Gea-insists-good-years-come-Old-Trafford.html
senang bisa melihat De Gea kembali clean sheet dan melakukan penyelamatan2 penting walaupun kebobolan namun bisa membantu United meraih 3 poin
Old 26-12-2021, 05:39 PM   #1806
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

DE GEA GRATEFUL FOR 'INTENSE' TRAINING

David De Gea is enjoying the intensity of training under Manchester United's interim manager Ralf Rangnick, as the Reds prepare for our first festive fixture, against Newcastle United.

It’s almost a month since the German was appointed to the role but United have only played three games under him, with recent clashes against Brentford and Brighton postponed because of COVID-19 cases within the squad.

Almost everyone is now back working at Carrington after the training ground was shut for four days last week, with Rangnick revealing on Thursday that he had 25 outfield players at his disposal for Monday’s trip to St James’ Park.

De Gea is glad to see all his team-mates fit and ready once more and he is looking forward to putting Ralf’s ideas into practice on the pitch.

“It’s great. It’s good to have the whole team back to train properly altogether and then of course see they are all safe,” De Gea told club media.

“They are back, they are all training, they are fine so it’s great to be together again.

“We’ve been training hard, of course. It’s very intense, every training session, every moment with him [Rangnick] is intense,” added our no.1.

“You have to give 100 per cent every time in training and in the games. Let’s see. It’s just the beginning, it’s been a couple of weeks, so let’s see in the future.

“The team is training with energy, with pace, and now we have to show that in big games.”

David was named United’s Player of the Month at the end of a tough November and must surely be in with a shout for December’s award too.

The Spaniard has kept two clean sheets in three appearances during the month so far and was our standout performer during the narrow 1-0 win at Norwich.

De Gea acknowledges that it's vital to keep things tight at the back, because we have the firepower in attack to make a difference at the other end.

“Yeah, I think the most important thing for us is to keep clean sheets,” David continued.

“If we concede fewer goals, then we have top players up front who are going to score goals and win games.”

www.manutd.com
Old 30-12-2021, 09:01 AM   #1807
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

David de Gea insists Manchester United 'have to start making these games count' after poor display in Newcastle draw - as goalkeeper issues rallying cry to his team-mates ahead of clash with Burnley

* Manchester United host Burnley in the Premier League on Thursday night
* The Red Devils go into the clash looking to atone for Monday's draw at Newcastle
* United sit seventh in the league table - seven points off fourth-placed Arsenal

David de Gea has issued a rallying cry to his Manchester United team-mates, urging them to do better after Monday night's disappointing draw at Newcastle United.

The Red Devils were held to a 1-1 affair at St. James' Park - but in truth were fortunate to leave the north east with a point.

De Gea had to be at his best to deny Newcastle victory - a result that sees United's hopes of a top-four finish out of their hands.

The Red Devils sit seventh in the Premier League table - seven points behind fourth-placed Arsenal, although they do have two games in hand.

Ralf Rangnick's side now turn their attentions to hosting Burnley at Old Trafford on Thursday night and De Gea has called for he and his team-mates to do better.

'We have to start making these games count,' he wrote on Instagram. 'We go again on Thursday.'

Speaking after Monday's draw, United captain Harry Maguire admitted that the visitors ran out of steam against Newcastle.

It was their first outing for 16 days after a coronavirus outbreak which prompted the club to close their Carrington training complex - Victor Lindelof was absent on Tyneside after testing positive - but it was the lowly Magpies, playing for the fourth time in 16 days and depleted by Covid and injuries, who very nearly secured just a second win of the campaign.

Maguire told Manchester United's official website: 'No 16-day break in the middle of a football season is going to help you.

David de Gea has given a rallying cry to his Man United team-mates after drawing at Newcastle. United dropped two points in the top-four race on Monday night after drawing 1-1 at Newcastle. De Gea was at his brilliant best to deny Newcastle winning the match with a few fine saves

'The training ground has been shut and half the lads playing today are recovering from the virus, so of course it's not going to help us.

'We've had people with symptoms, people without symptoms - it's been a real mixed bag for everyone at the football club and it's been a tough time.

'But you can't make excuses for sloppy passes and the opportunities that we had, especially in the first half.

'We've got to stay on the ball, we've got to stay active and we've got to play the ball in their half and we didn't manage to do that.

'You can look at that and ask whether the last 16 days had a big impact on that because it looked like we ran out of steam out there.

'A point in the end is a fair result, but it's a result that we're disappointed with.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10352951/Manchester-United-David-Gea-issues-rallying-cry-disappointing-Newcastle-draw.html
Old 06-01-2022, 08:44 AM   #1808
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Where would Manchester United be without David de Gea? The Spaniard is the Premier League's top-performing keeper this season, stopping eight 'expected goals' - the most in the top flight - with only Wolves' Jose Sa coming close

* Manchester United's goalkeeper David de Gea is in blistering form this season
* His statistics show he is preventing more goals than any other top-flight keeper
* United concede high-quality to chances so the Spaniard has had to be at his best
* Wolves shot-stopper Jose Sa is hot on his heels with a string of top performances

There can be few clubs in England that talk more of what it means to wear the shirt than Manchester United.

Luke Shaw was the latest to rehearse the club's values after the dismal 1-0 home defeat to Wolves. The left back said United needed more togetherness, intensity and aggression in their game.

But if the defender is looking for inspiration – or an example - he only has to take a peak behind him, at his goalkeeper, David de Gea.

De Gea has been outstanding and carried the team in another hit and miss season for United.

Manchester United's David de Gea has been a top performer for the club this season. De Gea has made a string of fantastic saves to earn points for United, including at Norwich City

He was at it again on Monday. The save from Ruben Neves' stunning first-half volley was simply sensational. A shot he had no right to stop.

And that sums up his season.

The Spaniard is currently the best keeper in the Premier League when it comes to stopping shots. He has prevented 7.5 expected goals this season, more than anyone else between the sticks.

De Gea has consistently secured points, or at least staved off embarrassment, by keeping out attempts that really should have gone in.

How much worse off would United be without him? The keeper saved superbly from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang twice in United's eventful 3-2 win over Arsenal at Old Trafford at the beginning of December.

The keeper is ranked top for saving 'expected goals' and is the best performer in the top flight

Quote:
DAVID DE GEA IS ENGLAND'S NO 1

David De Gea's current statistics make him the best performer in the Premier League, and in Europe's top five leagues, too.

Since many goalkeeping stats rely on team performance, including clean sheets and goals conceded, analysts like to look at ‘post-shot expected goals minus goals allowed’ (‘PSxG+/-’).

De Gea's score of 7.5 in the Premier League essentially means he has stopped 7.5 expected goals this season, so far. He sits ahead of Wolves keeper Jose Sa in second place with a ‘PSxG+/-’ score of 6.6.

The figure for Post Shot Expected Goals (PSxG) indicates the expected number of goals a team will concede based on how likely the goalkeeper is to save the shot. It gives an indication of the quality of chances a team is allowing the opposition to have.

In a European analysis, the Spanish publication, Marca, last week ranked De Gea number one; Sa at two, Manuel Riemann of German Bundesliga club, Bochum, in third; Stole Dimitrievski of Rayo Vallecano in fourth and Matias Dituro of Celta Vigo (both from La Liga) at five.
He kept the team in the game at Norwich, denying Ozan Kabak and Teemu Pukki before Cristiano Ronaldo won it with a late penalty.

And the goalie's one handed tip over from Miguel Almiron at Newcastle was crucial as the Red Devils went on to claim a point.

The statistics reveal both how poorly United are defending and how well De Gea is playing. The keeper has faced more shots on target than almost any other in the Premier League. Only Leeds United's Ilan Meslier tops his 90.

Not only that, United are giving away more good chances, too, so De Gea is having to perform heroics to keep them out. Inevitably, some fly in, which means the stopper's save percentage is lower than his rivals.

It is probably no coincidence that the player who appears most committed to the United cause is one of only two (the other being Phil Jones) surviving members of Sir Alex Ferguson's 2013 title-winning team.

At that time the values Shaw and his colleagues now aspire to were not a talking point, they were part of a belief system, which De Gea still clearly still adheres to.

Failure to deliver the basic requirements to head it, kick it, save it, tackle, run, compete and stick together was not an option. And if it didn't happen the offending player was liable to be blown away by Ferguson's hairdryer.

It is fitting that the next best stopper in the top flight is De Gea's opposite number from Monday, Wolves goalkeeper, Jose Sa.

The Portuguese has been a revelation this season and even surprised his own fans, who declared it was he who is the best in the league after a thrilling save from compatriot Bruno Fernandes in injury time at Old Trafford to secure a famous win.

He has has made key stops in tight games, including United's 0-0 away draw to Chelsea. Luke Shaw admitted that despite the talents at United sometimes 'quality is not enough' to win

That stop rivalled De Gea's earlier in the game.

'Every week Jose Sa cements himself as being the best goalkeeper in this league,' @aepearson02 posted on Twitter after the game. 'Pinching myself that we got him for £8m.'

'Wolves Jose Sa is definitely the signing of the season,' added Bolarinwa Olajide. 'Best goalkeeper in the League as well.'

He has even been picked out as one of the best buys last summer by United legend and Sky pundit, Gary Neville, following his move from Olympiacos.

Sa has stopped 6.6 expected goals and has been a key factor in Wolves' parsimonious defence, which has only conceded 14 goals this term, one more than Manchester City.

The impact of the goalkeeper can be seen in the fact the West Midlands club have only scored 14 times and of the eight games they have won in the top-flight, seven have been by a margin of only one goal.

While the quality of the chances Wolves concede are not of the same calibre as United, Sa does his job well, saving 85 per cent of everything that comes his way, the highest rate in the Premier League.

The chasing pack are a long way behind the top two, but the best of the rest is Tottenham's Hugo Lloris. The Frenchman is enjoying a decent season stopping 1.6 expected goals and saving 71 per cent of the shots faced.

The in-form keeper among the England hopefuls is Arsenal's Aaron Ramsdale who has pulled off some breathtaking saves this season, most notably a flying one-handed stop from a James Maddison free-kick, which he pushed onto the bar, before cleaning up the rebound, in a 2-0 win over Leicester City.

Ramsdale has a save rate of 81 per cent. By comparison Everton's Jordan Pickford and Burnley's Nick Pope are trailing in his wake.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10370973/Manchester-Uniteds-David-Gea-best-forming-keeper-Premier-League.html
Old 11-01-2022, 05:55 AM   #1809
Andi Istiabudi
manager

RALF: IT'S GREAT TO WORK WITH A PLAYER LIKE HIM

Manchester United interim coach Ralf Rangnick is in no doubts about the standing of David De Gea and Manuel Neuer within the game.

The boss was asked to compare the merits of the pair after working with the Bayern Munich no.1 during his time at Schalke. Indeed, both Germans were in opposition to the Reds in the 2011 Champions League semi-final, when Neuer produced a memorable display for Rangnick's men.

United won 2-0 in the away leg with goals from Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney, inside a couple of second-half minutes, but Neuer produced a string of fine saves on the night.

Having worked with both keepers, the tactician is in an ideal position to evaluate just how good they really are.

“Well, I think they are both definitely on the list of the top five goalkeepers in the world," Ralf told club media. "Maybe even in the top three.

"They are both in a fantastic shape, physically and, as well as on the line, when it’s about controlling the box, David De Gea is probably one of the best, if not the best, in the world and we are very happy to have him.

"But, honestly, as a coach, I would prefer more of those games, for example, against Crystal Palace [a 1-0 victory at Old Trafford], where we don’t need him as much and, in order to achieve that, we just need to make sure we don’t have too many shots on goal.

"We had too many shots on our goal, also in the first half against Wolves, and the same was true at Newcastle or even at Norwich. But again, on the other hand, it’s good to have someone like David in goal - a fantastic professional, a fantastic player and it’s great to work with a player like him.”

De Gea has been in excellent form this season and recently picked up his second consecutive Player of the Month award at Carrington.

The long-serving Spain international was rested for our previous domestic cup tie in 2021/22, with Dean Henderson keeping goal against West Ham United in the Carabao Cup, and it will be interesting to see if he starts against Aston Villa tonight (Monday).

www.manutd.com
Old 20-01-2022, 08:30 AM   #1810
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

David de Gea was 'like a brick wall' and now has the most saves in the Premier League this season... Rio Ferdinand and fans laud Spaniard for starring role in Man United win against Brentford

* David de Gea delivered another top performance in the win over Brentford
* Spaniard was branded a 'wall' by Rio Ferdinand after his first-half exploits
* He said United could have been two or three down but for the goalkeeper
* Fans on social media joined Ferdinand in waxing lyrical about the stopper

David de Gea has been lavished with praise for his starring role in Manchester United' 3-1 win over Brentford on Wednesday night.

The goalkeeper delivered a masterclass in the first half to keep the Bees at bay and set his side up for their onslaught in the second period.

At the break, Rio Ferdinand told BT Sport: 'Without De Gea it could have been two or three. He is like a brick wall, how many times have we sat here and said that.'

Even opposition manager Thomas Frank accepted that the Spaniard was on top form, reflecting afterwards: 'It was one of those nights, fair play to David de Gea, if we get those chances again one will go in the back of the net.

David de Gea made some crucial saves for Manchester United against Brentford

'Our intensity killed them, we showed that in the first half, we played the Brentford way.'

De Gea made some crucial stops with his legs that arguably should have been scored but his positioning could not be questioned. Ferdinand and Frank were joined by a chorus of fans on social media praising the keeper.

One wrote: 'De Gea deserves the chance to have more clean sheets than any United keeper in history.

Rio Ferdinand said United could have been two or three goals down at the break. The Spaniard conceded late on but was commanding for the most part in London

'He amount he has to save is terrible for a club like United. Another fine performance and three points.'

Another posted: 'David de Gea has the most saves in the Premier League. That is an embarrassing stat for Manchester United showing how they just cannot control games.

'Without DDG United would be in a way worse position than they're in now.'

While a third commented that the importance of the stopper was shown in the expected goals for both sides with Brentford at 2.74 xG and the victors only 1.98.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10420863/David-Gea-like-brick-wall-Manchester-United-win-Brentford.html
sayang 3 poin yg diraih dinihari tadi gagal dibarengi dengan clean sheet. mending cuma menang 2-0 atau 1-0 tapi clean sheet daripada menang besar namun gagal clean sheet. tetap semangat De Gea !!

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 350
#Sandy, -bloodflowers-, -Ybb3F-, A.Per Utd, a85dr, Aba_MaczUnited, abdataqwa, abdu muhammad, abeat_bjm, adefebsa, adhe united macz, adittelor, adi_Giggsy, aGhaa, Aldi_Rizal, aldysetiabudi, alexanderjoshua, alfarieano, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, alqodri, ambeh, aMieBeckz, and1, andeedotcom, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andree_david, andrio_iyo, andrydjemb4, anenk_garcia, AngeloAlvin, Anto MJ, ardie febrianto, Ardiey11, Ardi_UIMOLT, arfad, arief rachman, ariesto, Arif VDS, arik_, aris9inanjar, Arra, arymashuda, asby_ansya, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, ayahocta, azisfirdaus, banadegea, bang_zak, beckz_on7, bhowz, Bhungshu28, big_ganz, billywarouw, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, bombom, bucay deathbat, Bulma, caliski_heinz, chest, chevy solskjaer, chincarito, cie_1, clsenz, Cupy, cynta, czr, d10neladitya, Dafi de gea, dalasviggi, Danang Pambudi, dandymunandar, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, dee_vee7, derajulio, DermawanIsUnitedFans, derry07cantona, dery pramudito, der_emperor, DhaniGiggsy, dhany_kai, dhanz77, dhodoadrian, dhoyoque, Dino De Gea, doddlez, Dodi Hakim, dododik, dudut, dwi agung, Dwi Oktarina, dwi.cleverley23, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, edoardo, edobae, Egi Jr, Eka UPC, Elpiji, endhy_cantona, Ereius, erin, ersalamanda, Eryk EQ, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fadlysyah, fadnaticdevils, Fajar_, fajrinited, Febri Angga, Febribule, febza, Federico27, ferly_Liemz, ferry11, fey777, fikrirf, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frengkysme182, frmnsyh_KEANO, GeaErang, gembul, ghopoereds, giantz, giggs26, goodfron, Grace Naibaho, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, HaRrY-UIK, hdhe16, hendiplast, Hendy, HenryRooney07, Hermanto, herzgiggsy, hevny9, holydragoon, hombreng, HRHMU86, hzent, iamsetia, icalace, icebreaker, id4y, ilz, indi30, indraaveiro, ing areese, iqbal, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, irhamutd, IskandarJool, ivanzferdinand, J. A. Adji, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, jarpop, jifortin, Johnny Depp, jojo poenya, jojoredarmy, jonajoni, jratualang, Juni HW, kevinchoc, kingherooney, King_Cantona, kokobase_6, Kurniawan Ani, kykyba7, Lang25, lauraniza, legina, Legolash, leo aryo, Lila, Lucky_Cantona007, lutviarfiansyah, macher, Mahesa_Jenar, marsel david, marvey, marviel, matthewsamad, mayarararocks, MCR7, MichaelMU, mikhail vidic, Mochamad Soleh, moehfar, mousetrap, MUFC1878, Muhammad faqih, Muhammadrama, MuhFher, mygalzbiatch, NadaDaniela, Naen ERROR, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nemanje, nggambustodc, nobitanta, Noe26, noerdiana 11, normansyahrizal, novanprihasa, nyaprad_chip, n_42_nk, ocki_26, octus, oldark, ollacarla, Om Juna, Oom Panda, paiman, Peace_Devils, penk22_, pongsamma, Popay_UKI04, prahmono, Pure_red, pweechevalier, Rage, randiex, Rean, red, Red Stain, Redsbusby, red_devilz, red_girl_mia, Regasiqbal, Rendi Pardi, revald, rexy ongah culun, reynaldjhonson, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rissa14, risyadfardy, Rizaldo19, rizluq, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, ronysnaja, roodee_UID, rooneyglory10, Roronoa Rooney, ruffy3rd, Ryan Smith, Ryan_lallo, sandra putri, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, setipp48, Sigied Giggsy, simamora16, sirmattbusby16, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, stevenson, Subagio U. Arra, SuperBecks, Supernan, syahrizal, syakirabilqis, Syarifeghy, Tamanaro, tamiCarrick, tasho, Teguh23, teha, teokagawa, theater of dream, Theresia Intan, tito, Trezz Kiko, tri_roban, tumpal_oneunited, tyquack, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, unromantic_dio, V.A.Siswanto, VaDLi, van oofaar, vankyoet, vanquish, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, vdgquintana, venlykawuwung, Vicario, Victory, victory II, VinaToeng, Viqiejrx07, w.keane27, wahyou91, waynehanks, wazzapoetra, Welki red devils, Wengge Schmeichel, Wildanz, william metta, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, wodhan, wormkids, xkeiszglf34, Yayat Dg Kulle, yudiiriski, zeavhere, Zee de Wazza, zell_dircht, Zhacc20, zudomiriku, [skywalker]