United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 07-05-2021, 10:16 AM   #51
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edinson Roberto Cavani Gomez

Bruno Fernandes hails Edinson Cavani's impact at Manchester United and says his team-mates are learning from his 'champion mentality'... as the striker weighs up extending his Old Trafford contract

* Bruno Fernandes praised the impact of Edinson Cavani at Manchester United
* The striker has scored 12 goals in 33 appearances since joining the club
* Fernandes insisted his team-mates are learning from his 'champion mentality'
* Cavani's is considering extending his contract beyond the end of this season

Bruno Fernandes has heaped praise on Manchester United team-mate Edinson Cavani and says the striker is passing on his 'champion mentality' to the rest of the squad.

Cavani has scored 12 goals in 33 appearances since joining the Red Devils in October, despite spending time on the sidelines because of injuries.

The Uruguayan only signed a one-year deal with the club and was expected to depart at the end of the season after his father claimed he wanted to join Boca Juniors.

Bruno Fernandes (right) has hailed Edinson Cavani's impact at Manchester United this season. Fernandes said the Uruguayan is passing on his 'champion mentality' to the rest of the squad

However, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been trying to convince the forward to stay in Manchester for another year following his positive impact on the team.

Fernandes stressed the importance of the 34-year-old ahead of United's Europa League semi-final second leg at Roma, which they head into leading 6-2, insisting he contributes more than just goals.

'The most important thing with Edi for me is not the movement he does or the goals he scores but the way he helps off the ball,' he told BT Sport.

'People like to see numbers so see how much he runs each game – he's normally in the top three and he's a striker!

The United midfielder insisted the forward contributes more than just goals to the team

'You see how he helps us defending, you see when he or someone else loses the ball he tries to recover it straight away and press.'

The Portugal international also highlighted his desire for Cavani to continue to pass on his wisdom to the rest of the squad.

'The mentality he has is passing to us and he has to keep passing it to us because he has the right mentality to be a champion and we have to learn from that.

'Everyone can see his technical qualities because he made history everywhere else he's played and nobody can delete history.'

Fernandes also believes his partnership with Paul Pogba is developing well after the Frenchman's return from a hamstring injury.

'I think the relationship between me and Paul is working well of course, but in the same way we know that relationship can work with me and other players because Paul has the qualities, I have the qualities and the rest of our team-mates do too.

'I think everyone can have that relationship where you know what you have to do on the pitch and when you know what your team-mate can do.

'That relationship is built on the training ground and everyone is ready to have that kind of relationship that I have with Paul or with or Edi, or Marcus (Rashford) or Juan (Mata).

'For example I’ve played less games with Juan but I know at any moment when I have to play with him on the pitch I know him as well as anyone because I know the type of game he has and that is really good for me.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9549733/Bruno-Fernandes-hails-Edinson-Cavanis-impact-Manchester-United-champion-mentality.html
impactnya kayak dulu kedatangan singkat Larsson ?
Old 07-05-2021, 10:54 AM   #52
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Edinson Cavani deserves a new Man United deal and can become Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's main striker, says Owen Hargreaves... but Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand insist Harry Kane or Erling Haaland MUST arrive this summer

* Edinson Cavani was in sizzling form as Man United made the Europa League final
* Uruguayan scored two sublime goals as United took aggregate win over Roma
* Owen Hargreaves heaped praise on the veteran and insists he needs a new deal
* Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand agree but feel United cannot miss out on others
* Both Harry Kane and Erling Haaland look set to be on the market this summer

Edinson Cavani's sizzling performance against Roma in the Europa League has left Manchester United legends divided as to whether the club should buy a striker this summer.

Cavani has been a revelation since arriving as a free agent following the conclusion of his Paris Saint Germain deal, and has carved out his position as United's first choice striker.

The 34-year-old added to his mounting goals tally inside the Stadio Olimpico with a neat brace, as United took an overall 8-5 aggregate victory to book their place in the Europa League final with Villarreal.

Edinson Cavani delivered again for Manchester United with two sublime goals in Rome. The 34-year-old showed he is the main man up front and United's most natural goalscorer. Owen Hargreaves feels United should give Cavani a new deal and spent big money elsewhere

But Cavani's efforts left former Reds Owen Hargreaves, Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand in disagreement over how United should handle their attacking situation going forward.

For Hargreaves, it is now imperative that United offer the former PSG man an extension to his deal which is due to end in the summer, but Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand feel United must look to the future without considering Cavani as the main man.

The hot debate had sparked after it was suggested that the upcoming summer transfer window could be likely to see some of the world's most prolific forwards become available, albeit for hefty sums.

Speaking in the BT Studio during punditry duty after United's clash with Roma, Hargreaves outlined: 'Every ex-man United player or fan wants Harry Kane or [Erling] Haaland but the money that will cost now in the climate is just not realistic.

'I think Cavani has done a wonderful job. Get him to sign a new deal and obviously there are no transfer payments there. Obviously he’s on big wages. I think they need a right winger. I think they can spend that Haaland, Kane money on potentially three other players.'

In recent weeks Kane - who turns 28 in July - has dropped huge hints that he is ready to finally leave Tottenham in order to add club trophies to his awards cabinet rather than just individual accolades.

Whereas over in Dortmund, the German giants have stood rigid in their stance that Haaland will remain at the Signal Iduna Park next season, though are aware that the Norwegian has a £65million release clause which will become active in the summer that follows.

United may have a dilemma, with Harry Kane and Erling Haaland set to become available. Rio Ferdinand says United cannot miss the chance to secure a big name for the future while Paul Scholes does not see any of United's other current strikers becoming centre forwards

For this reason, is it widely understood that Dortmund will attempt to hold on to their prized asset but will listen to astronomical offers which would not make financial sense to turn away.

Ferdinand and Scholes were quickly in agreement with their former team-mate Hargreaves that Cavani has done everything asked of him at United and exceeded expectations, but outlined that United simply cannot afford to miss the opportunity to bring in an elite centre forward who could lead the line for several years.

Ferdinand added: 'I worry about what you do if you let Kane and Haaland go somewhere else.

'You look at the teams that do well at the moment. It’s the squads with the depth. Look at Bayern Munich last season, City this season.

In agreement, Scholes outlined how the Red Devils must start planning for a future at the top level once again.

He added: 'United are a club that need to sign a proper centre forward for the next five years. I’m talking a Kane or Haaland.

'Cavani will slow down, fitness-wise, injury-wise might not be great. He’s not played loads of games this season, but he has scored goals when he has played.

'Then you are talking about the other players... Can any of the other players step up to be a centre forward? I really can’t see it. When you talk about centre forwards, I see Kane and Haaland.

'[Anthony] Martial, [Mason] Greenwood and [Marcus] Rashford I just don’t see them as centre forward. They are wide players.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9551831/Cavani-needs-new-deal-United-miss-Kane-Haaland-says-Scholes-Ferdinand.html
Old 07-05-2021, 10:57 AM   #53
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Edinson Cavani storms in to protect Mason Greenwood as his Man United team-mate is confronted by Roma defenders... after helping side book Europa League final date

* Edinson Cavani scored a brace as United secured their Europa League final spot
* United lost 3-2 to Roma on the night but went through 8-5 after two thrilling legs
* Mason Greenwood was confronted by Mancini and Karsdorp during the game
* Cavani steamed in to protect the youngster, showing his leadership in the team

Edinson Cavani was goalscorer turned bodyguard on Thursday, after storming in to defend team-mate Mason Greenwood from a bust-up with Roma defenders.

The Uruguayan struck twice in the Italian capital as Manchester United booked their spot in the Europa League final, despite losing 3-2 on the night.

The 34-year-old has proved many doubters wrong by bagging 14 goals so far this season, and though his future at Old Trafford is uncertain he demonstrated his commitment to the United cause by backing-up a young team-mate.

Edinson Cavani jumped-in to defend his team-mate Mason Greenwood from Roma defenders

The Uruguayan was furious as Rick Karsdorp and Gianluca Mancini confronted Greenwood

At a break in play Greenwood and Gianluca Mancini clashed by the corner flag, bumping into each other as they argued.

Rick Karsdorp waded-in next to shove Greenwood, and Cavani was incensed. The pumped-up scorer charged in to shove the right-back away, and took on Mancini while he was at it.

Greenwood has already admitted he's been learning from the former PSG star on the training ground, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be delighted with the effect Cavani is having in the camp.

'Anyone can learn from him – whether it is a young player or an older player,' Greenwood said.

Cavani was in form on Thursday, scoring a brace to send United to the Europa League final. Greenwood is feeling the full benefit of playing in the same team as an experienced forward

'He has just come here and set an example, really. I like the things he does so I obviously pick up on the little things he does.

'I watch him in training and always have an eye on him, to see what movements he does, so I can add it to my game. So it is a big benefit that he is here at the club, I think.

'You can see the two goals he scored against Southampton (in November) were just unbelievable. It was stuff he has been doing for 10 to 15 years at PSG and at Napoli as well, so he is a good footballer.'

Cavani's double on Saturday ensured United cruised into the Europa League final, where they will face Villarreal.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9552113/Edinson-Cavani-storms-protect-Mason-Greenwood-youngster-confronted-Roma-defenders.html
Old 10-05-2021, 10:48 AM   #54
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United 'primed to offer Edinson Cavani £250,000-a-week wage' in a bid to tempt the Uruguayan striker to stay at Old Trafford for another season

* The 34-year-old's deal at the club expires this summer and his future is uncertain[/B]
* Cavani has scored 14 goals in 34 appearances in all competitions this campaign
* Red Devils manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen for him to stay in Manchester

Manchester United are reportedly set to bump Edinson Cavani's salary up to £250,000-a-week in a bid to persuade him to remain at the club for another season.

The Uruguayan striker currently earns £200,000-a-week and with his contract expiring this summer and his future currently uncertain, the club are seemingly set to offer him a £2.5million rise.

According to the Sun, the club felt the 34-year-old was keen on a return to his native South America and therefore plan to improve his wage to keep him for another campaign, with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hopeful an agreement can be made.

However, consensus also depends on off-field matters including Cavani's family, from whom he has been separated from due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

Manchester United are reportedly set to offer striker Edinson Cavani a £2.5million wage hike. The 34-year-old scored doubles in both legs of the Europa League semi-final against Roma. Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is said to be keen to keep the Uruguayan at Old Trafford

The Red Devils have a contractual option to extend his deal for a second year, but it needs Cavani's approval.

Cavani signed on a free transfer from French giants Paris Saint-Germain in October 2020, reportedly taking a 35 per cent pay cut to move to Old Trafford but netting a signing on fee of circa £6m.

The 118-cap international has scored 14 goals in 34 appearances in all competitions this campaign and has offered a cutting edge up front in the absence of Anthony Martial and - at times - Marcus Rashford through injury.

He has also provided snarl, clinical finishing and physicality despite his age, and his professionalism and work rate provides a fine example to younger players like Mason Greenwood,

Cavani scored a double in both legs of United's Europa League semi-final against Roma, firing them to the final and helping the side secure a probable second-placed finish in the Premier League.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9558159/Manchester-United-offer-Edinson-Cavani-250-000-week-tempt-Uruguayan-striker-stay.html
Old 11-05-2021, 09:33 AM   #55
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Edinson Cavani signs one-year contract extension with Manchester United, making a U-turn on his plans to move to Boca Juniors after plea from Solskjaer - as veteran striker insists he 'cannot wait to play in front of the Old Trafford crowd'

* Edinson Cavani has put pen to paper on a one-year extension with Man United
* The club are expected to announce the news of the fresh deal imminently
* Cavani had the option of the extension but had reservations about staying on
* The in-form Uruguayan has eight goals in his last seven games for the Red Devils

Edinson Cavani saved Manchester United a fortune in the transfer market this summer by signing a one-year contract extension at Old Trafford on Monday.

The Uruguay star looked set to leave England after just eight months and return to South America with Boca Juniors, but he has been persuaded to stay at United for another season.

Keeping Cavani — who has scored eight goals in his last seven games and 15 in total — will take the pressure off United to buy a world-class striker.

They have been linked with Tottenham’s Harry Kane and Erling Haaland of Borussia Dortmund, who would both cost around £100million at a time when the club’s finances have been severely hit by the pandemic.

But Cavani has not come cheap, with United understood to have offered the 34-year-old a rise on his £200,000-a-week wages.

The former Paris Saint-Germain striker had sought assurances over his first-team opportunities, so the new deal suggests United will not be bringing in another striker.

Edinson Cavani has put pen to paper on a one-year extension with Manchester United

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had make no secret of his desire for Cavani to prolong his United stay

‘After so many years of playing all over Europe, being away from my close-knit family back home in Uruguay, I had kind of promised myself that I would return,’ said Cavani.

‘But because of the love that has been shown by the fans, everyone within the club and my team-mates, we decided that we would put on hold going back to our family and parents.

‘I have been really moved by the lads in the dressing room saying, “Edi, you can’t go, stay, we love you, we don’t want you to leave”. That does give you that extra motivation to want to stay somewhere.

‘I’ve not yet been able to play in front of the Old Trafford crowd and that is something that I cannot wait to do.’

That could happen as early as next Tuesday with United set to welcome 10,000 fans back to Old Trafford for their game against Fulham.

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: ‘I said when Edinson signed that he would bring energy, power and leadership to this group.

‘He has been everything I thought he would be and more.’

After being slowly eased into life at United, Cavani found his game time limited and was understood to be frustrated with a lack of opportunities and first-team minutes in the opening months.

Matters were made worse at the turn of the year when the striker found himself embroiled in a race row, after issuing a social media post in which he referred to one of his close friends as 'negrito.'

Cavani was hit with a three-match ban and £100,000 fine by the Football Association in late December, which was understood to have had huge bearing on his then determination to call time on his Premier League stint.

Cavani has adapted to English football and created an understanding with Bruno Fernandes. Solskjaer has hailed the impact of the Uruguayan since arriving on a free transfer in October

The action taken against Cavani by the FA caused a global stir, and even prompted the unprecedented act of the Uruguay national team issuing a collective statement in which they accused English football of committing a 'true discriminatory act' by punishing their team-mate for using the supposed colloquial term.

Cavani had flirted with the idea of joining Argentine giants Boca for several months, and was said to be pushing for the move in order to better suit his wife and children with a return to more familiar surroundings.

His father Luis also went as far as to publicly state Cavani wanted out of Old Trafford, leading the player himself to ease tension and insist he remained 'proud to wear this shirt.'

In late April, Solskjaer conceded that a return to more familiar settings in South America may have been on the cards for Cavani.

The United boss told reporters: 'Edinson is not 100% decided on his future yet.

'He's not told me he wants to leave but I am very aware he might be going back home to South America. If that's his decision, I will understand that.'

Now, however, a decision has been reached and Cavani will continue to wear the colours of United for at least one more season, as the club look to build on the progress of the current campaign and make an assault on the league title and Champions League.

Cavani signed on a free transfer from French giants Paris Saint-Germain in October 2020, reportedly taking a 35 per cent pay cut to move to Old Trafford but netting a signing on fee in the region of £6million.

Meanwhile, Solskjaer will give an update on captain Harry Maguire’s fitness on Tuesday after the England man had a scan on his left ankle on Monday amid fears he could be out for several weeks, including the Europa League final against Villarreal on May 26.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9562275/Edinson-Cavani-signs-one-year-contract-extension-Manchester-United.html
Cavani bertahan 1 musim lagi, pertanda United tidak jadi merekrut Kane/Haaland? kalo Haaland sih kemungkinan bertahan di Dortmund, terlebih kalo Dortmund berlaga di UCL musim depan IMO
Old 11-05-2021, 09:45 AM   #56
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Old 23-05-2021, 06:47 AM   #57
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

CAVANI NAMES HIS STANDOUT MATCH AT UNITED SO FAR

Edinson Cavani has selected the standout performance of his Manchester United career so far, highlighting the dramatic Premier League victory over Tottenham Hotspur on 11 April.

The Uruguay international has made a massive impact since joining the club on a free transfer last summer, making 38 appearances across all competitions and scoring 16 goals along the way.

El Matador has won six Man of the Match awards via the fan-voted polls in our Official App so far, following his heroics against Southampton, Everton, Spurs, Granada, Roma and Fulham. We can confirm that Bruno Fernandes is the only member of the squad to win more prizes this season.

When we recently sat down with the no.7 to discuss his campaign to date, he reflected on an eventful outing at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium when asked to name his standout match: “I think that the Tottenham game is an exciting one you can look back on with a lot of enjoyment, because of how the game panned out and for the incidents that happened out there on the pitch.”

The first half in north London was marred by controversy after Cavani had seen a great goal harshly disallowed by VAR, following a questionable ‘foul’ by Scott McTominay on Heung-min Son. Matters were then made worse when the home side went up the other end and took an undeserved lead.

Yet Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s plucky Reds are kings of the comeback (especially away from home) and equalised after the break, when Edinson’s shot was parried into the path of Fred for a simple finish from the Brazilian.

Our second goal was a thing of beauty that featured a lovely nutmeg by Fernandes, a perfect cross from Mason Greenwood and a deft Cavani header, which deserved the visceral away end celebrations that we’ve so sorely missed this campaign. It all lives strongly in the no.7’s mind.

“There was that disallowed goal, which if I’m honest, didn’t seem like a fair decision to us,” Cavani remembers. “We went behind and then to have been able to turn the score line around as a result of our hard work and desire to compete, and our pride and sheer determination to win, I think that makes it one of those games that sticks in your memory.”

Cavani's goal against Tottenham eventually finished fifth in the voting for our Goal of the Season award, which ultimately went to Bruno Fernandes's whipped strike against Everton at Old Trafford.

The prize was presented to our Portuguese magnifico just moments before this week’s Premier League draw with Fulham, which of course included an outrageous chip from Edinson. So should the award be given to Cavani instead? We’ll endeavour to ask Bruno as soon as we can.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:39 PM   #58
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United star Edinson Cavani 'expected to MISS start of Premier League season after being granted extended leave following involvement for Uruguay at the Copa America'

* Striker Edinson Cavani signed a one-year extension at Manchester United
* The 34-year-old Uruguayan featured for his country at the 2021 Copa America
* But he has been given extended time off in order to see his family in Uruguay
* He is near certain to miss Saturday's Premier League opener against Leeds

Manchester United forward Edinson Cavani is set to miss the start of the Premier League this weekend after being granted extended leave, according to reports.

The 34-year-old signed a one-year contract extension at the back end of last season following an impressive debut campaign at Old Trafford, where he scored 17 goals in all competitions.

Yet as part of that new deal, an extended break this summer following his involvement for Uruguay at the Copa America was discussed and has been granted, according to The Athletic, with the striker yet to return to England.

Manchester United forward Edinson Cavani is set to miss the start of the Premier League. An extended break for Cavani after he featured for Uruguay at the Copa America was granted

The report details that United believe 'a happy man is a happy player' with Cavani using the time off to see his family in his native Uruguay - something he has been unable to do since the Covid-19 pandemic began.

He was in the Uruguay squad which reached the quarter-finals of the Copa America in Brazil, succumbing to a penalty shoot-out defeat by Colombia on July 3.

United kick off their Premier League campaign at home to Leeds this Saturday, but Cavani is near-certain to miss that season-opener.

With Uruguay on the Government's red list, the 34-year-old is also likely to have to quarantine upon his return to the country, putting his involvement in United's second game away at Southampton in doubt too.

The 34-year-old impressed in his debut season at Manchester United, scoring 17 goals

As a result of Cavani's absence, United are reportedly set to unleash new signing Jadon Sancho from the start against Leeds.

According to the Sun, Sancho is tipped to start for United despite only starting to train with the club at Carrington earlier this week.

The 21-year-old signed from Borussia Dortmund in July in a £73million deal on a five-year contract, a year after United pulled out of a move when the German side demanded £110m for him.

England star Sancho impressed at this summer's European Championship competition but saw his spot-kick saved by Gianluigi Donnarumma in the final as Gareth Southgate's side lost to Italy on penalties.

After the tournament, Sancho and his international team-mates were given an extended break - during which he visited the Turks and Caicos Islands with Red Devils team-mate Marcus Rashford - but returned to training on Monday.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer also has the likes of Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood to call upon up front, with Marcus Rashford beginning his recovery period following shoulder surgery.

Cavani has been posting workout videos in a home gym on his social media in recent days, implying that a return to England is not far away.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9882631/Manchester-United-Edinson-Cavani-expected-MISS-start-Premier-League-season.html
Old 31-08-2021, 10:16 AM   #59
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Edinson Cavani to stay at Manchester United over the international break with Uruguay revealing they have cancelled his call-up for next month's World Cup qualifiers... meaning he will avoid quarantine

* Players were advised by the Premier League not to travel to 'red-list countries'
* Edinson Cavani was set to quarantine after arriving back in the UK next month
* But he will now stay at Manchester United with his Uruguay call-up cancelled
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had urged Cavani and Fred to prioritise the club instead

Edinson Cavani has seen his international call-up for Uruguay cancelled, meaning he will remain with Manchester United next month and avoid the need to quarantine.

It was announced last week that all 20 Premier League clubs agreed they would not release players if they were set to play matches in countries on the UK's 'red list'.

Those who decided to go would have been forced to undergo 10 days of mandatory quarantine upon their arrival back in the UK, and consequently would have missed games.

Cavani was named in Uruguay's squad, and was set to be ruled out for two Premier League games, a Carabao Cup tie and United's Champions League opener.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer warned the veteran striker, and his team-mate Fred, that they would have missed more than just a few matches if they went to South America.

But the climbdown from Uruguay, which was made official today, has now lowered tensions in the simmering club versus country row at Old Trafford.

Edinson Cavani will stay at Manchester United after Uruguay scrapped his international call-up. Cavani was set to join up with his nation next month, but would have been forced to quarantine. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer warned star Cavani that his fitness would have been hit by the isolation

'According to the situation that has occurred for players from England, the Uruguayan Football Association has decided to cancel the call-up for Edinson Cavani,' a Uruguay statement read on Monday morning.

The vast majority of South America has been included on the UK Government's 'red list', and exemptions to the travel restrictions were not awarded to footballers.

Premier League chiefs initially lobbied the Government for the exemptions, and met with the Department of Media, Culture and Sport to make their case.

Sportsmail revealed, however, that the exemptions would not be granted, leading to the row over whether players would be free to go on international duty.

Solskjaer urged Fred (left) and Cavani (right) not to go away and to prioritise United instead

Cavani laid bare his frustration with the top-flight's stance over 'red-list' countries on social media, posting a screenshot of the statement with several question marks.

Uruguay have three World Cup qualifiers coming up at the start of September against Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador - and Cavani was expected to play an integral role.

Before it was made clear that United's No 7 would not be travelling, boss Solskjaer claimed he and Fred would have struggled for fitness after touching back down.

'It's a fact that if you have to have 10 days in a hotel quarantining with no chance to train, no chance to keep your fitness up, then you'll need another 10-14 days to get back up to fitness again and then you've got to fly again,' he said.

'It's an impossible situation for the clubs, it's an impossible situation for the players.

'We understand that there are rules and broader issues here, that's why we have to follow the rules and get on with it.

'I don't want to be the moaning one but if there was a choice for me, playing for Norway or playing for Man United, I know who my employer is.

'Yes, it's my country but the rules are as they are at the moment. Anyway, I'm not a player any more.'

Meanwhile, Tottenham's Giovani Lo Celso and Cristian Romero are set to join up with Argentina and defy the advice from the Premier League.

Nuno Espirito Santo claimed that the lack of support from the Government, FIFA and the top flight leaves Spurs powerless to stop them from going.

Aston Villa goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez and midfielder Emi Buendia have both also travelled to play for Argentina, albeit with the permission of the club.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9939505/Edinson-Cavani-stay-Manchester-United-Uruguay-call-cancelled.html
Old 14-10-2021, 09:32 AM   #60
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Unlucky' Edinson Cavani should leave Man United in January after losing his place to Cristiano Ronaldo for the sake of his Uruguay career, insists compatriot Gus Poyet

* Cristiano Ronaldo made a shock return to Manchester United this summer
* His arrival has seen striker Edinson Cavani slip down the United pecking order
* The Uruguayan has played just 115 minutes for the Red Devils so far this term
* The 34-year-old was also benched for Uruguay's recent World Cup qualifiers

Ex-Uruguay star Gus Poyet believes Edinson Cavani should try and leave Manchester United after falling down the pecking order following the return of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo made a sensational return to Old Trafford in summer and, while fans certainly celebrated his arrival, a certain team-mate has not.

The Portugal international's arrival at his former club has seen Cavani's game time severely restricted.

The Uruguayan started the season as the Red Devil's main striker but has played just 115 minutes under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer so far this term.

Despite an impressive campaign with 17 goals in 32 games last season, the striker has seen his place in the starting XI snatched away by Ronaldo.

And, not only has the five-time Ballon d'Or winner taken Cavani's spot but he has also pinched his No 7 shirt.

Edinson Cavani should leave Man United in January to save his career insists Gus Poyet. Cristiano Ronaldo's (right) return has seen Cavani fall down the pecking order at Old Trafford. Former Uruguay star Gus Poyet believes that Cavani must leave to save his international career

Now, former Chelsea and Tottenham midfielder Poyet insists the 34-year-old should move on for the benefit of his career both domestically and internationally.

'He was unlucky, because without Ronaldo coming in, he was playing as the main striker,' Poyet told talkSPORT.

'The decision of Juventus, Man City getting involved, incredibly went against one person especially – and that was Cavani.

'Maybe he should move in January. From the outside, I don't know him, but if I was him, seeing how things are now, and seeing him not getting to 90 minutes for the national team because he's not playing – maybe.'

Cavani was benched for both Uruguay's recent World Cup qualifiers against Colombia and Argentina.

He was handed a rare start from Solskjaer before the break in United's most recent Premier League game against Everton that resulted in a 1-1 draw.

But Cavani was pulled off in the second-half and replaced after just 57 minutes by Ronaldo.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10088023/Edinson-Cavani-leave-Man-United-January-losing-place-Cristiano-Ronaldo.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 7
Andi Istiabudi, B4YU, h-ANG, rio vander vidic, Riskur, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku