United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 11-09-2020, 10:19 AM   #1441
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dimitar Ivanov Berbatov

Manchester United 'only need a centre back and right back' to make the team 'complete', claims Dimitar Berbatov before former striker hails the club's pursuit of England star Jadon Sancho

* Dimitar Berbatov insists Manchester United only need two more signings
* The former Bulgaria international believes the Red Devils need a centre back
* This is despite splashing £130m on centre-half Harry Maguire last summer
* United have been in hot pursuit of Jadon Sancho and ready to negotiate a fee

Manchester United only need two more signings to complete their team according to former player Dimitar Berbatov.

The former Bulgaria international believes the Red Devils need to sign a centre back and a right back despite Ole Gunar Solskjaer's side splashing £130m on centre-half Harry Maguire and right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka last summer.

United have been in hot pursuit of Jadon Sancho and some believe they still need to buy a centre forward but Berbatov disagrees.

Manchester United need two signings to complete their team according to Dimitar Berbatov. This is despite Ole Gunar Solskjaer's side splashing £130m on centre-half Harry Maguire

'For United I think they only need two, in my opinion: a centre-back and a right-back,' Berbatov told the MEN. 'The priority for me is a centre-back and then the team will be pretty much complete, in my opinion.'

'The striker needs to be really exceptional [if United move for one] but don't go and buy just for the sake of buying. You have enough strike power. Some people can argue they need a more experienced striker around the young strikers at the moment, which is a good point, actually. But who is that going to be?

'Because then you need to keep him happy as well, and at the moment you have Ighalo in that position in that role if you want it like this.'

United have been in hot pursuit of Borussia Dortmund forward Jadon Sancho this summer

So is there a specific striker suitable for United? 'Yes,' Berbatov replied. 'Myself! Ha ha ha.

'From the top of my head, no, because I really like Rashford and Martial, I really do, and what I saw from Greenwood last season, he deserves his playing time. He's earned it.

'And if they put Sancho in that picture then we'll have a great young line-up of strikers who can develop in the time and become even better.'

Some believe the Red Devils still need to buy a centre forward but Berbatov disagrees

United are ready to negotiate a price for Sancho with Borussia Dortmund after reaching a compromise with the player's camp over the terms of a five-year contract.

United ended weeks of stalemate on Wednesday when they made a breakthrough in talks over Sancho's wages and the agents' fees.

Sportsmail understands they are ready to hand Sancho a contract that will run until 2025 with United having the option to extend it by another 12 months.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8718233/Manchester-United-need-centre-right-make-team-complete.html
setuju sama Berbatov, United harus beli bek tengah dan bek kanan/kiri. Upamecano mantap tuh, kmrn cetak gol vs Kroasia
Old 08-10-2020, 05:02 AM   #1442
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Meski Dapat Cavani, Transfer MU Tetap Mengecewakan
Novitasari Dewi Salusi - detikSport

Jakarta - Manchester United mendatangkan Edinson Cavani di hari terakhir bursa transfer musim panas. Meski demikian, Dimitar Berbatov menilai MU justru tak membereskan masalah terbesarnya.

Di sepanjang musim panas ini, MU santer dikabarkan tertarik kepada Jadon Sancho. Namun, Setan Merah gagal mendaratkan winger muda Inggris itu karena tak sepakat dengan Borussia Dortmund soal harga.

Pada akhirnya, MU mendatangkan Cavani. Striker asal Uruguay itu didapatkan secara cuma-cuma setelah kontraknya bersama Paris Saint-Germain habis.

Cavani bukan satu-satunya pemain yang datang ke Old Trafford di hari terakhir bursa transfer musim panas ini. MU juga merekrut Alex Telles dari Porto dan Facundo Pellistri.

Itu berarti MU mendapatkan empat pemain baru pada jendela transfer kali ini. Sebelumnya, mereka sudah mendapatkan Donny van de Beek dari Ajax.

Namun, Dimitar Berbatov menilai MU salah langkah di bursa transfer kali ini. Sebabnya, mereka tidak mendatangkan bek tengah baru di tengah performa para pemain belakang seperti Victor Lindelof, Eric Bailly, dan Harry Maguire yang dapat sorotan tajam.

MU justru melepas Chris Smalling secara permanen ke AS Roma. Berbatov menilai MU seharusnya mempertahankan Smalling.

"Kekecewaan di antara fans United sekarang akan makin dalam daripada beberapa pekan belakangan," ujar Berbatov kepada Betfair seperti dilansir Mirror.

"Saya lihat mereka mendapatkan (Edinson) Cavani dan (Alex) Telles dan sekarang bursa ditutup tanpa perekrutan bek tengah."

"Saya sudah bilang selama berminggu-minggu kalau menurut saya mereka butuh bek tengah dan ini menunjukkan kalau Ole percaya kepada pemain yang sudah ada, tapi saya merasa mereka seharusnya mendatangkan seseorang."

"Saya bertanya-tanya apakah mereka seharusnya mempertahankan Chris Smalling, yang luar biasa di Roma, tapi seringkali ketika Anda meminjamkan pemain, itu adalah tanda kalau mereka sudah selesai," katanya.
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:53 AM   #1443
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino will be seen as 'the man' if pressure keeps mounting on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Manchester United, claims Dimitar Berbatov

* Dimitar Berbatov says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at risk if no upturn in United's results
* Berbatov believes Solskjaer is 'still fine for the job' but it depends on team's form
* Mauricio Pochettino will be seen as 'the man' if Solskjaer sacked, Berbatov says
* Pochettino has been out of work since his sacking by Tottenham 11 months ago

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will continue to be under pressure if Manchester United's form fails to improve, with the club forced to act sooner or later, their former striker Dimitar Berbatov has warned.

And Berbatov reckons the calls for former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino to replace Solskjaer will only intensify if there is no quick fix in United's results.

United were humbled 6-1 at home by Pochettino's former club Spurs on Sunday with questions being asked about Solskjaer's future, despite a third-place Premier League finish last season.

The Norwegian's side have bagged just three points from their opening three games and are lying in 16th in the table.

Berbatov, who also starred upfront for Spurs, believes Solskjaer is still right for the role but recent reports have claimed United have already made contact with Pochettino to sound out the Argentinian about the post.

And Berbatov told Betfair: 'Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has taken some criticism recently, I can understand why the odds say he is the most likely manager to leave his post, especially if they continue down this road.

'The pressure on him will only continue to grow, and if they continue to fail to win points, the point will likely come where action is taken.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is under pressure after Man United's lacklustre start to the season. Reports say Man United have spoken to Mauricio Pochettino about becoming their new coach. Former United and Spurs striker Dimitar Berbatov says it's 'amazing' Pochettino is available

'I believe he is still fine for the job personally, and we will have to see.

'To me, it is amazing that Mauricio Pochettino is available for this job, one of football's finest coaches in my opinion.'

Pochettino has been out of a job since being sacked by Spurs 11 months ago and is waiting for his next challenge in management.

But Berbatov also warned Pochettino may also find it tough to fulfil the huge levels of expectation if he becomes the latest coach charged with resurrecting the glory days.

'You can say maybe he waited for this job, but that is very risky for a manager to do, and I cannot believe another club hasn't snapped him up,' Berbatov said.

'Pochettino may be "the man", but at some stage, they were all "the man"- (David) Moyes, (Louis) van Gaal, (Jose) Mourinho, all were the next saviour at one stage.

'For United fans, I would say that every single person connected to the team in any way are all suffering. The ones that will express their feelings the loudest will be the fans, and I can understand this.

'United are led by people who want success for the club, and the glory days will return, of that there is no doubt- just when that is, is the question.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8815837/Dimitar-Berbatov-says-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-risk-no-upturn-Manchester-Uniteds-results.html
Old 06-11-2020, 08:57 AM   #1444
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Dimitar Berbatov admits 'it's hard to blame' Manchester United if they have approached Mauricio Pochettino to replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer but former Red Devils striker says the players are as much to blame

* Reports say Man United have made contract with Mauricio Pochettino's people
* It comes with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer under intense pressure after poor results
* Saturday's visit to Everton has become absolutely crucial with United in 15th
* They were shambolic defensively in a shock 2-1 loss to Istanbul Basaksehir
* Ex-Tottenham boss Pochettino is bookmakers' favourite to replace Solskjaer

Former striker Dimitar Berbatov says 'it's hard to blame' Manchester United for considering Mauricio Pochettino to be their next manager as the pressure grows on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Solskjaer is under intense pressure following back-to-back defeats by Arsenal in the Premier League and Istanbul Basaksehir in the Champions League and he now leads the bookmakers' sack race.

And according to the Manchester Evening News, United have contacted Pochettino's representatives. It has been reported previously that Pochettino is keen to manage United at some point and that stance is not believed to have changed.

Berbatov says United are justified in their pursuit of Pochettino given their poor start to the season but he also believes the players are as much to blame.

He told Betfair: 'If there's truth to the Mauricio Pochettino rumours, it's hard to blame United really.

'When the team plays bad, the buck stops with the boss, and this has always been true.

'I saw him recently as a guest commentator, and he said he is ready to work again, so it's hard to stop those rumours. The one thing that won't change, however, are the players. A new boss won't change how they play.

Dimitar Berbatov says Manchester United are justified in considering Mauricio Pochettino. Pochettino, who appeared on Sky's Monday Night Football this week, is the clear favourite with the bookies to replace Solskjaer as United's manager

'Yes, when you have a new manager you can see a bounce, but overall the attitude remains the same. No aggression, no passion, no holding each other to account.

'The players need to change their attitude as much as the manager needs to be changed.'

The move comes despite United insiders privately backing Solskjaer prior to Wednesday night's defeat and a reluctance within the club to sack him so early in the season.

Saturday's visit to Everton has become crucial for Solskjaer as United could end the weekend sitting 17th in the Premier League table if they lose at Goodison Park.

Manchester United are reported to have approached Mauricio Pochettino with a view to him replacing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as their manager following a dismal start to the season

It follows an inconsistent start to the season that has included a 6-1 humiliation at the hands of Tottenham but Champions League wins over Paris Saint-Germain and Leipzig.

They are 15th in the Premier League table having lost three of their opening six matches.

United insist Solskjaer still has their backing and no approach has been made for Pochettino to replace him.

Pochettino, the former Southampton and Tottenham manager, is the bookmakers' odds-on favourite to be the next United boss.

The trip to Everton is United's last fixture before a two-week international break that has become synonymous with managerial sackings.

Solskjaer dismissed speculation over his future in the wake of the defeat in Istanbul, which saw some horrendous defending for Basaksehir's first goal.

'I decline to comment on such a thing,' said Solskjaer.

'Of course it's early on and opinions are out there all the time and you've got to stay strong.

'I'm employed by the club to do a job and I do that to the best of my ability with our staff.'

Pochettino has been on United's managerial shortlists in the past and made it clear during an appearance on Sky's Monday Night Football this week that he is ready for a new challenge.

Solskjaer cut a glum figure as United slumped to an embarrassing defeat at Istanbul Basaksehir in the Champions League on Wednesday night. It will fall on United's executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward and the club hierarchy to decide Solskjaer's future

'I am always ready to be involved in the game again. I love football. It's my passion, not my job.

'I am looking forward to being involved in the game again, I love the game. It's difficult; we are inside, we are working, we are doing things but it is not the same thing to be involved every day, to share it with your players, your staff and your club. You miss that.'

United would not have to pay Pochettino's former club Tottenham any form of compensation as the deadline passed in May. The 48-year-old left Spurs after five-and-a-half years last November to be replaced by former United boss Jose Mourinho.

Having also managed Southampton prior to that, Pochettino has extensive knowledge of English football.

He hasn't won any silverware during his time in England though he did lead Tottenham to the Champions League final in 2019.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8919261/Berbatov-admits-hard-blame-Manchester-United-approached-Pochettino.html
Old 12-11-2020, 08:43 AM   #1445
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Dimitar Berbatov hits back at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for making 'excuses' about Manchester United's fixture congestion and warns his old club they 'could become a real embarrassment' if they don't find some consistency

* Ex-United striker Dimitar Berbatov has warned his old side after their poor form
* He said Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must stop his 'excuses' over their fixture pile-up
* The Bulgarian claimed the players only perform when there is pressure on them

Dimitar Berbatov has hit out at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's 'excuses' over Manchester United's fixture-pile up, saying he must focus on producing more consistent results.

Last week the Norwegian boss embarked on a huge rant about the club's crammed schedule this season, claiming the team had been 'set up to fail' by the authorities after injuries to Luke Shaw and Marcus Rashford in their 3-1 win at Everton.

But Berbatov, who played nearly 150 games for the Red Devils, insisted that fixture congestion at Old Trafford was nothing new and believes the issue at hand is picking up more points, claiming the team face 'embarrassment' if they cannot string more positive performances together.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must stop making excuses at Manchester United, says Dimitar Berbatov. The Bulgarian said the club risked 'embarrassment' if the team failed to find some consistency. United have made one of their worst starts to a league season and have slipped to 14th place

'This season is different, there are a lot of games in a short space of time,' he told Betfair. 'Matches in the Premier League, in Europe and then all of a sudden international breaks, but this cannot be used as an excuse.

'United have faced fixture congestion for many years, during my time and even before my time. United are used to playing in the Premier League, Europe and in the cups - we used to win them all as well.

'There can be no excuses, the situation is the same for everyone else, the performances are just not consistent enough. They need to improve sooner rather than later because other teams will get a head of them and they could become a real embarrassment.'

Solskjaer said the football schedule was 'an absolute shambles' after the game at Everton and said he had 'had enough'.

'I said to you before, I want to talk about the kick-off time. They set up the boys to fail,' he told the press.

'We've got Luke Shaw injured today because we've been to Turkey, we've played loads of games already this season, we've been to Turkey on Wednesday night, back in Thursday morning and we're playing Saturday in a lunchtime kick-off, it's an absolute shambles.'

United have suffered one of their worst ever starts to a Premier League season, with Solskjaer picking up just ten points from his first seven games - which has led to speculation he could be axed.

Their victory at Goodison Park offered him a reprieve, but Berbatov said getting a result when the pressure is on will only take the team so far.

The under-pressure boss hit out at United's fixture pile-up and said they had been set up to fail

'It's like United need to be under pressure to produce a winning performance. But there's only so long you can operate like that - they won't produce the win every time the pressure is piled on.

'In the end, it isn't going to finish well if they continue being so inconsistent. The team needs to find consistency and produce good football game after game.

'I still think the players believe in Solskjaer and they like him. I think he has their trust and they have his. There's something that just isn't working right in games when they are losing.'

Berbatov, who also played for Fulham, was part of a hugely successful period at Manchester United under Sir Alex Ferguson after joining from Tottenham for £31million in 2008. He won the Premier League twice and scored 56 goals for the club.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8938021/Dimitar-Berbatov-says-Manchester-United-face-embarrassment-results-dont-improve.html
Old 11-12-2020, 08:57 AM   #1446
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Dimitar Berbatov claims training with Cristiano Ronaldo was 'like a war' and that his former Manchester United team-mate didn't even drink at Christmas parties

* Dimitar Berbatov played with Cristiano Ronaldo during the 2008-09 season
* Ex-Manchester United striker claims Ronaldo set the bar for fitness standards
* He would be 'first in the gym' and stay behind for another session after training

Dimitar Berbatov has revealed the extreme lengths Cristiano Ronaldo reaches to help maintain his impressive physique and form including avoiding drinking at Christmas parties.

Despite turning 36 next February, the Portuguese star is showing no signs of slowing down as he continues to star for Juventus at the highest level - including netting a brace at Barcelona in the Champions League midweek.

Berbatov though states that Ronaldo's fitness stems from years of dedication to his training and dieting regime back to when they were team-mates at Manchester Untied.

Dimitar Berbatov (left) has revealed the extreme lengths Cristiano Ronaldo (right) would take in regards to fitness. The pair are pictured playing for Manchester United in 2009. Ronaldo prides himself on his appearance and maintaining peak physical condition

The Bulgarian played together with Ronaldo at Old Trafford during the 2008-09 campaign and admitted his old-team mate set the bar for fitness standards.

'I've been a lucky guy to share that season together, he told Marca. 'He took extreme care of himself. You came to train and he was already in the gym.

'Then he would stay to do extra work shooting on goal. He would finish, and he would go swimming and go back to the gym. He was determined to be the best,'

Berbatov added that Ronaldo's competitiveness even extended to training matches, where he was desperate to win and that even at festive times he would remain professional to his very high training standards.

Despite approaching 36, Ronaldo has maintained world class form playing for Juventus. Berbatov believes football must appreciate Ronaldo's talents while he is still playing

'Training with him was like a war , because I didn't think about anything other than winning everything, including the little games we organised.

'But that wasn't bad, on the contrary. Cristiano he was a good kid who increased the competitive atmosphere of the team,'

"He was fun and affectionate. At the Christmas parties we organized the players had a great time, but very professional. I never saw him drink even on those days.'

Ronaldo has enjoyed yet another sensational start to the season, netting 12 goals in just 10 games, and along with Lionel Messi, Berbatov believes the sport will miss their world class abilities once they retire.

'When Cristiano retires, of course, other stars will arrive, but until he and Messi hang up their boots, we will not realize the size of these two athletes that we now see every day,' he added.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9040237/Dimitar-Berbatov-claims-training-Cristiano-Ronaldo-like-war.html
konsisten itu tidak mudah apalagi selama belasan tahun seperti yg dilakukan Ronaldo, konsisten berlatih, gym, tidak merokok & alkohol, tidak tatoan
Old 12-12-2020, 12:05 AM   #1447
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zudomiriku View Post

konsisten itu tidak mudah apalagi selama belasan tahun seperti yg dilakukan Ronaldo, konsisten berlatih, gym, tidak merokok & alkohol, tidak tatoan
Yup, itu yang patut diapresiasi dari seorang Ronaldo, namun entah kenapa kharisma dan pesonanya masih belum bisa menyamai Beckham yach..
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:39 AM   #1448
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Dimitar Berbatov praises Manchester United for making title challenge a ‘three-horse race’ but insists they must build on their momentum against Everton to put pressure on City and Liverpool

* Dimitar Berbatov says United have made the title challenge a 'three-horse race'
* He believes their 9-0 win over Southampton is 'critical' to their goal difference
* Berbatov hopes Man United will carry their momentum their clash with Everton
* He claims a result against Everton will put pressure on Man City and Liverpool

Dimitar Berbatov claims Manchester United have done well to make the 2020-2021 title challenge a 'three-horse race'.

The former Red Devil believes United were excellent in their 9-0 win over Southampton on Tuesday and insists the additional goal difference will be 'crucial' in securing the Premier League title.

Berbatov hopes United will carry their momentum into Saturday's home match against Everton.

Dimitar Berbatov says Manchester United have made the title challenge a 'three-horse race'. He believes their 9-0 win over Southampton on Tuesday is 'critical' to their goal difference

Berbatov believes United can put pressure on rivals Manchester City and Liverpool if they 'relax' and beat Carlo Ancelotti's men on Saturday.

He told Betfair: 'Manchester United were excellent in their 9-0 win over Southampton and gave Ole Gunnar Solskjaer exactly the kind of performance he would have demanded after the draw at Arsenal and defeat to Sheffield United.

'It also gave United's goal difference a great boost which, in a title race, can be crucial.

'I felt sorry for Southampton, who didn't stand a chance after the early sending off of Alex Jankewitz, and United were able to relax. For them it was simply a matter of how many goals they would score.

The former Red Devil believes United's performance against Southampton was 'excellent'. He hopes United will carry their momentum into Saturday's home match against Everton

'Football can be like that sometimes and watching the match reminded me of the time I hit five at Old Trafford in a 7-1 win over Blackburn.

'It was good to see Anthony Martial end his drought with a couple of goals. United played well but the important thing is that they carry their momentum into Saturday's match at home to Everton.'

He then continued: 'If United beat Everton, they can look forward to watching Sunday's massive game at Anfield between Liverpool and Man City, knowing they've put pressure on both their title rivals.

'Both two teams are starting to hit top form. I have a feeling City could edge it but, more than anything, I want to see a top of the table clash where both teams go for it and goals are scored at both ends.

'At the start of the season, everybody expected a two-horse title race between City and Liverpool, but it looks like it's a three-way race and that shows how far United have come in the last year under Solskjaer.

'He will be hoping for both teams to drop points at Anfield and I'd love to see a 2-2 draw.'

Manchester City and Liverpool are set to go head-to-head at Anfield on Sunday afternoon.

As it stands, Manchester City leading the Premier League table - sitting three points ahead of Manchester United and seven points ahead of Liverpool.

Jurgen Klopp's men are, however, just four points behind United and possess a game in hand.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9223655/Dimitar-Berbatov-praises-Manchester-United-making-title-challenge-three-horse-race.html
Old 11-08-2021, 03:45 PM   #1449
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United ARE title contenders this season, insists Dimitar Berbatov as the former Red Devils striker hails 'quality' summer signings of Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane

* Manchester United's Premier League season kicks-off against Leeds on Saturday
* The Old Trafford side are aiming to finally win their first league title since 2013
* The club have signed Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane in big money moves
* Former United striker Dimitar Berbatov believes they can win the league

Dimitar Berbatov is excited about his old club Manchester United's chances this season, insisting Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side can lift the title in 2021-22.

United haven't lifted the Premier League since Sir Alex Ferguson's final game back in 2013, but finally look to have a very competitive squad for the new campaign.

The signings of Raphael Varane at centre-back and Jadon Sancho out wide, for a combined £115m, should fix two long-standing weak areas in the United XI and get them gunning for glory again.

Berbatov, who fired 56 goals for the Red Devils between 2009 and 2013 in his nonchalant style, has been delighted with their summer business.

'Manchester United are in a strong position to challenge for the title, especially after the signings they've made this summer,' the former striker told Betfair.

'I am very happy that they are bringing in Raphael Varane from Real Madrid. He is a World Cup and Champions League winner, he has a winning mentality and he has played with the best over the years.

'So, he is a great signing and I am looking forward to seeing how he is going to settle into the team and compliment Harry Maguire.

Dimitar Berbatov thinks Manchester United can go one step better and win the title this season. Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane's arrivals provide a huge boost to United's title chances. Berbatov has been pleased with United's transfer dealings and thinks they're 'in a good place'. Last season ended with two second places but United want to step back into the big time now. Last season ended with two second places but United want to step back into the big time now

'Jadon Sancho is already good friends with the England players in United's squad, which is a great thing to have when you go into a new team. Hopefully, this is going to help him settle quickly.

'We already know about his quality, but there's still plenty of room for him to grow and hopefully at United, one of the biggest clubs in the world, he can fulfil his potential. I'm sure he is also going to push the other forwards to perform better too.'

United finished second last season and narrowly missed-out on Europa League glory in the final through a mammoth penalty shoot-out, and look poised to be even stronger this term.

Their squad has been turned into one of the Premier League's strongest through Varane and Sancho's arrivals, and Berbatov sees them as near-perfect.

'The United team is in a good place,' he continued.

'They have spent quite a lot of money already and I can't see them spending anymore.

'They could possibly look to strengthen in the right back position. Aaron Wan-Bissaka is definitely first choice but I would like to see him have a solid back up who will challenge and push him.

'Other than that, I think they are pretty complete as a team.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9880927/Dimitar-Berbatov-talks-Manchester-Uniteds-2021-22-Premier-League-title-chances.html
Old 13-10-2021, 09:27 AM   #1450
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Dimitar Berbatov LOSES race to become new Bulgarian FA president after narrowly missing out to Borislav Mihaylov... but Man United great is asking for second round of voting because three clubs didn't vote

* Dimitar Berbatov has lost the race to become the new president of Bulgarian FA
* Manchester United and Spurs great lost out to current chief Borislav Mihaylov
* Mihaylov picked up 241 votes compared to Berbatov's 230 on Tuesday afternoon
* The Premier League winner is intent on making radical changes in his homeland

Manchester United and Tottenham great Dimitar Berbatov has lost the race to become the new chief of Bulgaria's Football Association – but isn't giving up hope just yet.

The retired striker narrowly lost out to the country's current president Borislav Mihaylov, who picked up 241 votes compared to Berbatov's 230, seeing the 58-year-old voted back in for a fifth term.

However, Berbatov, who is being backed by ex-Man City and Aston Villa aces Martin and Stiliyan Petrov for the role, is asking for a second round of voting as three of the clubs didn't vote.

According to Sky Sports, if the three clubs that didn't vote decide to back Berbatov, he will get eight votes from the third candidate and the votes would be tied.

Mihaylov is remembered in England after he resigned, along with Bulgaria boss Krasimir Balakov, from his post after Gareth Southgate's players were racially abused two years ago in Sofia during a Euro 2020 qualifying match.

Mihaylov then withdrew his resignation 500 days later and is now set for a fifth term in office.

Dimitar Berbatov (centre) has lost the race to become the new president of the Bulgarian FA. Berbatov lost out to current Bulgarian FA chief Borislav Mihaylov, who got 241 of the votes. The two-time Premier League winner is intent on making radical changes in his homeland

Bulgarian media are now reporting that Berbatov has lost the race, but it is still up for grabs if Berbatov can convince those who abstained from voting.

The two-time Premier League winner is intent on making radical changes in his homeland and 'fighting the system'.

It comes two years after the racism incident in Sofia while there have been reports of matchfixing and corruption in the country.

He told The Guardian earlier this week: 'It's time for a radical change – Bulgarian football needs to be fully shaken up.

'The lack of results, the constant scandals, the suspicions of corruption, the racist incidents in the England game, police entering the FA's headquarters … all this reflects the level Bulgarian football is currently at.

'And it just shows how much this radical change is needed. Having said that, I feel ready to take the responsibility for delivering that change.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10084415/Dimitar-Berbatov-LOSES-race-new-Bulgarian-FA-president-wants-second-round-voting.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 146
Aba_MaczUnited, ad13t, AdhiX, alfafianjihan, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, amed_aja, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, arymashuda, b4kul, bang_zak, beckz_on7, benatbenat, bimbim, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bombom, bucay deathbat, Bulma, christof_ww, cicit, climen_7, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, dery pramudito, der_emperor, dhodoadrian, dibi, donal'nani'syafroni, dudut, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, Efri Loebay, endhy_cantona, f3bry, fadilbedil, fadnaticdevils, fajrinited, FauCAN7ONA, febza, ferly_Liemz, fey777, fikarsoegiharto, fikrirf, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, goodfron, h-ANG, hairos, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, hzent, iamsetia, icalace, id4y, ing areese, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, jaxians, jifortin, jonajoni, kaikai, kingherooney, King_Cantona, llvfe444, MadeForGlory, Mahesa_Jenar, marsel david, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nemanje, neoradtz, Nickz09, novanprihasa, octus, oldark, ollacarla, penk22_, pukimax, Rean, red, Red Stain, Redsbusby, red_girl_mia, Rendi Pardi, revald, reza willya, Rhw, rio vander vidic, Rizana, rizluq, ronysnaja, ruffy3rd, scholesy18, scratch, sepatu_ancur, seven7, smile_boy, SR 7, tamiCarrick, taz_devil_utd, teha, teukurevi5, theater of dream, tienli80, tovanokristan, Trezz Kiko, Triguna Wibawa, tri_roban, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, ukie, UNITED1878, united7, unromantic_dio, VaDLi, vanquish, Van_Munandar, Victory, VitaChicharito, vivasoilsolid, wahyou91, waynehanks, Wengge Schmeichel, whoami, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, zeavhere, zudomiriku