United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 04-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #11
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [Legend] Denis Law

Scotland ace Denis Law tips Huddersfield Town striker Jordan Rhodes to be a hit on the international stage
by Mel Booth, Huddersfield Daily Examiner

Jordan Rhodes celebrates after scoring for Scotland U-21's against Austria

JORDAN RHODES was today tipped to become a successful Scotland sharp-shooter by the greatest of them all – Denis Law.

Now 71, Law was the last Town player to win a full Scotland cap and the 21-year-old Rhodes is almost certain to follow suit a week tomorrow in Cyprus.

Manchester United legend Law – who bagged 30 Scotland goals in 55 appearances – has been following the fortunes of Town’s current hot-shot and believes he’s exactly what the national side need right now.

“I’m delighted Jordan is getting his chance because he’s a goalscorer and all international sides need them,” said Law, who found out about his own first call-up in 1958 from the Examiner newspaper seller in St George’s Square!

“His scoring record is excellent, he has done really well for the Under 21s and I’m surprised he hasn’t been mentioned much before for the senior squad.

“He will definitely play in Cyprus, I’ve no doubt about that, and it will be really interesting to see how he goes on because I’m sure he’ll perform extremely well at that level.”

Law still keeps tabs on Town, the club he made his debut for under Bill Shankly in 1956, and as one of the game’s all-time greatest frontmen he has noted Rhodes’ progress since he signed from Ipswich.

“Getting my first call-up and cap for Scotland is the greatest honour I am ever going to have, I’ll remember it for the rest of my life, and I’m sure Jordan is feeling exactly the same at this moment,” said Law.

“It’s obviously a step up from the league and the Under 21s, but Jordan has made those steps before and he’s been selected to represent his country on what he’s done for Huddersfield Town.

“If he didn’t have the ability he wouldn’t have been picked and everyone is after people who can score goals. Jordan has proved he can find the net and all he needs to do next week is exactly what he’s been doing up to this point.

“His experience with the Under 21s will help him and he’s done terrifically well. When I got called up to play against Wales I was only 18 and most of the Scotland team were household names and I didn’t know any of them personally.

“Jordan will know some of the current guys already and the manager, and I’m sure he’ll take to it straight away, because he’s playing really well and his scoring record is very, very good.”

Son of an Aberdeen fisherman and the only Scottish player ever to be voted European Footballer of the Year (1964), Law scored on his international debut against Wales on October 18, 1958. He hadn’t been selected for the World Cup that year, but went on to firmly establish himself and played in the World Cup 16 years later.

“I was told I’d been selected by the guy who used to sell the Examiner in St George’s Square!” he explained.

“We had been training one morning and I was walking up town to get my paper in the afternoon and he just said ‘hey, Denis, you’ve been selected to play for your country’.

“Nobody had telephones in those days and the Scottish FA just used to notify your club, so that’s how I found out, but it was a great feeling and it’s lovely that Huddersfield have got someone in the senior side again.

“It was Sir Matt Busby who picked me. He was manager of Scotland as well as Manchester United and he had just recovered after the Munich air crash. the fact he selected me to play in the game was the greatest honour I ever had in my life.”

Law, who had two spells with Manchester City and a stint in Italy with Torino, is best known for his 11 years with Manchester United, where he scored 237 goals in 409 appearances.

But he has never lost touch with Town, meeting up with old playing colleagues on a regular basis until the last couple of years and always checking on results.

“I always look to see how they have gone on and it’s great to see Town doing so well at the moment,” he added. “Hopefully they are going to have some very good years ahead.”

Source : http://www.examiner.co.uk
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #12
troy andreas
min tolong ket sekum diremove.

Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,102 Posts
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
troy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant future

Visit troy andreas's Twitter

comment terbaru opa Denis

http://http://www.manutd.com/en/News...pa-league.aspx
troy andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #13
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Berbeda dengan Sir Bobby Charlton yang sudah beberapa kali datang ke Indonesia mewakili United, Dennis Law sepertinya belum pernah datang secara resmi ke Indonesia. Semoga saja suatu saat Law bisa mengunjungi Indonesia secara resmi
Old 04-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #14
troy andreas
min tolong ket sekum diremove.

Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,102 Posts
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
troy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant future

Visit troy andreas's Twitter

Law: FA Cup still special

Quote:
United's record FA Cup scorers:

1. Denis Law (34)
2. Jack Rowley (26)
3. George Best (21)
3. Stan Pearson (21)
5. Bobby Charlton (19)
6. Mark Hughes (17)
6. Wayne Rooney (17)

Manchester United legend Denis Law believes David Moyes’ Reds will be fired up to win the FA Cup for the first time in 10 years as the road to Wembley starts with a testing home encounter against Swansea City on Sunday.

The prolific marksman had a remarkable strike-rate in the famous competition, netting a record 34 times for United alone – eight clear of the next best in Jack Rowley and double the amount of the leading current scorer in Wayne Rooney.

If you consider that the Scot once scored six goals in a fourth-round tie at Luton Town for Manchester City, only for the game to be abandoned at Kenilworth Road, and also added another seven strikes for the Blues and Huddersfield Town, it is easy to see why he has such an affinity with the trophy.

When asked recently by ManUtd.com if 2014 would be an ideal year to scoop the prize for the first time since the defeat of Millwall a decade ago, Law replied: "Absolutely. I would think the FA Cup since that particular time has not lost its glamour but has maybe lost a wee bit of importance because of the Champions League.

"Not just the European competition itself but also the fact that it’s important to get into the Champions League via your position in the Premier League as well. But the FA Cup is always a huge trophy anyway. No matter what you say about teams winning the league or the Champions League, they want to win the FA Cup as well.

"Even though at times, with some clubs, it might not look like it, they all want to play at Wembley and win it. We have got a fairly big squad as well and I am sure they would all love to win it."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Jan/denis-law-thinks-fa-cup-is-still-special-for-manchester-united.aspx

"setial masa ada orangnya, setiap orang ada masanya."
troy andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 01:17 AM   #15
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Meski ultahnya tanggal 24 Februari kemarin (sudah lewat sehari) tapi saya tetap ingin mengucapkan selamat ulang tahun untuk salah satu legenda hidup Manchester United, Denis Law !!!

Old 14-12-2015, 11:09 AM   #16
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Gary Neville Rekrut Diana Law untuk Jadi Asisten Pribadi

Pelatih anyar Valencia, Gary Neville, menunjuk Diana Law, putri mantan legenda Manchester United, Denis Law, sebagai asisten pribadinya. Diana Law sebelumnya merupakan salah satu pegawai yang bekerja sebagai humas di Old Trafford.

Hal itu terungkap melalui sebuah laporan dari salah satu media asal Spanyol, Super Deporte. Laporan itu menyebutkan bahwa Gary Neville dan Diana Law terlihat selalu bersama-sama dalam beberapa kesempatan selama berada di Valencia.

Kabarnya Diana Law yang menjabat sebagai asisten pribadi Gary Neville memiliki tugas dari mengurus hal-hal saat di lapangan hingga pekerjaan lainnya. Diana Law digambarkan sebagai seseorang yang efisien dan menyenangkan.

Diana Law disebut selalu mengerjakan pekerjaannya dengan sangat baik dan memiliki hubungan yang baik dengan Gary Neville. Keduanya sudah tidak asing lagi karena Gary Neville dan Diana Law pernah bekerja sama selama di Old Trafford.

Gary Neville menelan pil pahit saat debutnya menukangi Valencia di mana Los Che takluk 0-2 dari Olympique Lyon di laga final fase grup Liga Champions. Valencia selanjutnya akan menantang Eibar di jornada ke-15 La Liga, Minggu (13/12) malam WIB.

Berikut ini foto saat Gary Neville bersama dengan Diana Law, putri legenda Man. United, Denis Law, yang kini menjadi asisten pribadinya:

http://www.sportsatu.com
Old 31-12-2015, 09:38 AM   #17
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Wiih dapat gelar dari kerajaan Inggris nih Opa Denis, selamat yaa

CONGRATULATIONS, DENIS LAW CBE

After the news that Denis Law will be appointed CBE (Commander of the British Empire) in the New Year's Honours, for his services to football and to charity, we pay tribute to a Manchester United goalscoring legend…

What set him apart? Denis Law wasn't just any old goalscorer, though he was an exceptional marksman. A courageous, brilliant centre-forward, his finesse and style neatly disguised an aggression that was essential during an age when centre-backs chopped and hacked at opponents to stop them in their tracks. Law possessed great positional awareness, timing and unerring finishing ability with either foot or, despite not being a towering figure, with his head. He also had shins of steel, elbows sharp as tacks and leapt like a Scottish salmon. Oh, and in his pomp he scored goals with machine-like regularity.

Crowning glory… Winning the feted Ballon d'Or in 1964, Law became the first Scot and first United player to collect the prestigious trophy, and he remains just one of four Reds to have been awarded the honour alongside George Best, Bobby Charlton and Cristiano Ronaldo. In terms of team success, Law missed the 1968 European Cup final through injury, but the year previous to that he had lifted the League championship trophy at Old Trafford in front of 61,071 fans as captain. A week earlier, Law hit two goals in a rampant 6-1 win at West Ham that had sealed title glory.

He says: "We had a brilliant team and it was a joy to play alongside Best, Charlton, Stiles, Foulkes, Stepney… so many good players. They were the best years of my career."

They say: "Denis Law was my hero as a player. I idolised him. When I first met him I was so excited. He epitomised everything a Scotsman is about. He was daring and courageous, he had that bravado about him and he had style. He was a truly fantastic footballer." - Sir Alex Ferguson

Hit me with the facts… Law hit 46 goals in the 1963/64 season - still a club record today, even though it wasn't enough to clinch the title. That earned him the European Footballer of the Year award. He scored 237 goals in 404 appearances for United and hit a record 18 hat-tricks in 11 seasons with the Reds.

Tell me something I might not know…
It is claimed that former Arsenal striker Dennis Bergkamp's parents admired United's Scottish striker so much that they named their son after him. The Dutch registrar insisted an extra 'n' be added.

In a word: King

http://www.manutd.com
Old 01-01-2016, 03:26 AM   #18
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SIR ALEX DELIGHTED AT DENIS LAW'S HONOUR

Denis Law's presence on the New Year's Honours list has thrilled another of Manchester United's most decorated figures, Sir Alex Ferguson.

When he was a young footballer in Scotland, former United manager Sir Alex idolised Law and followed the prolific striker's exploits for the national team and for the Reds. He was therefore in full approval of his idol becoming a CBE for his services to the game and services to charity.

Sir Alex, who celebrates his 74th birthday today (New Year's Eve), told ManUtd.com: "I am absolutely delighted Denis has been recognised in the New Year’s Honours list. I am really proud and pleased for him.

"Denis is a fantastic character, one of the great characters you get in football who absolutely loves the game and never criticises it. I have never known Denis criticise anybody in football and he has held that throughout his life.

"Without a doubt he was a magnificent player. I have always said that he was my hero as a player and he has to be the best Scottish player of all time.

"This honour is well deserved. I am proud of his achievements at Manchester United of course, and as a human being. He is a fantastic person and the work he has done for charity is invaluable."

Other names with United connections in the 2016 New Year's Honours List are England netball coach Tracey Neville (MBE), the sister of former Reds defenders Gary and Phil, and two famous supporters of the club - Northern Irish actor James Nesbitt (OBE) and Falklands War veteran Simon Weston (CBE). Congratulations to all of them.

http://www.manutd.com
Old 12-03-2016, 05:40 AM   #19
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Congrats, Dennis!

DENIS LAW RECEIVES CBE FROM PALACE

Manchester United legend Denis Law was honoured at Buckingham Palace on Friday when he received his CBE from his Royal Highness the Duke of Cambridge.

The 1968 European Cup winner scored 237 goals in 404 Reds appearances and is affectionately known as 'the King of the Stretford End' by those who were fortunate enough to have seen him play.

Law was rewarded for his services to football and charities such as Cancer Research UK and Meningitis Now. The 76-year-old was joined on Friday by his family and a number of other high-profile figures from the New Year’s Honours list, such as actor Idris Elba and Blur frontman Damon Albarn.

Speaking at the ceremony, Law discussed how “fantastic” he felt and revealed that he joked with Prince William about the plight of his club Aston Villa. “The conversation was a bit short as they are bottom of the league and things are not going well but the thing is, when you’re a supporter you will support your team wherever they are. So I was glad that he supports them, because that’s his team,” Denis said.

When the New Year’s Honours list was first announced in December, Sir Alex Ferguson paid tribute to Law and his childhood hero. “Denis is a fantastic character, one of the great characters you get in football who absolutely loves the game and never criticises it,” Sir Alex told ManUtd.com. “I have never known Denis criticise anybody in football and he has held that throughout his life.

“Without a doubt he was a magnificent player. I have always said that he was my hero as a player and he has to be the best Scottish player of all time. This honour is well deserved.

"I am proud of his achievements at Manchester United, of course, and as a human being. He is a fantastic person and the work he has done for charity is invaluable.”

Congratulations to Denis Law from everybody at Manchester United.

http://www.manutd.com/
Old 17-03-2016, 07:13 AM   #20
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter

LAW ADMITS TO NERVES AT THE PALACE

Denis Law admits he was nervous when visiting Buckingham Palace last week to collect his CBE.

Manchester United's legendary striker received his award from Prince William as recognition for his services to football and charity. The 76-year-old, speaking at the Gulf Oil international partnership launch at the Aon Training Complex, clearly enjoyed the occasion in London.

"It was special," he told MUTV. "It was something really unexpected, the type of thing that happens to other people. All of a sudden, it happened.

"My daughter arranged everything and it was just lovely. It's a different world down there with Buckingham Palace and everything. I was a bit nervous as well, probably more nervous than if I was playing in a cup final. At the end, it was really nice and Prince William was excellent.

"He had to interview and give the awards to so many people from different societies so he was excellent. It was an experience! I asked him who he supported and it's Aston Villa so it's not been a good season for him. It could get better - hopefully it will get better.

"It was more for the family than myself really," he added. "All the people were lovely and I met so many people from different parts of the world who were getting awards. It was a very interesting day."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2016/Mar/manchester-united-legend-denis-law-expresses-delight-at-receiving-cbe-at-buckingham-palace.aspx
penk22_ is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 19
alfiandrmwn, Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, bucay deathbat, Deddy Hernandez, egata, fajrinited, Gustar_UIBontang, icalace, NdeGue, penk22_, rio vander vidic, Ryan_lallo, sepatu_ancur, UNITED1878, vankyoet, wira_ozora, zudomiriku