United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > On Loan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-02-2016, 06:48 AM   #1
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Dean Henderson

Semoga kelak bisa menjadi kiper utama United yang tangguh

INTRODUCING... UNITED KEEPER DEAN HENDERSON

ManUtd.com takes a closer look at Dean Henderson as the highly-rated young goalkeeper returns to Manchester United ahead of Monday's Emirates FA Cup tie with Shrewsbury Town...

INTRODUCTION

One of the stand-out performers in last season’s Academy team, Henderson has made a positive impression as he bids to make a regular step up to reserve-team football and has benefited from a loan spell at Stockport County. The no.1 in Nicky Butt’s UEFA Youth League side earlier this season, he joined the club as a 14-year-old from Carlisle United after impressing then goalkeeping coach Eric Steele during a trial. Already six feet two inches tall, the 18-year-old feels he is still growing as he becomes an imposing figure between the posts.

POSITION

Working with top-class goalkeepers at United is providing invaluable experience for Henderson and he is in the right place to obtain the perfect education. Training with Victor Valdes before the Spaniard joined Standard Liege on loan was a personal highlight and he regularly studies David De Gea. “Victor and I are almost friends now which I would have never have thought was possible two years ago! I learned from him every single day and he’s such a nice bloke to have to look up to. David is one of the best, if not the best, goalkeepers in the world and I go to as many games at Old Trafford as I can to watch him. I also get to watch him in training and it's fantastic to see what he puts in place when he's preparing for games.”

STYLE

An excellent goalkeeper who is working on all aspects of his game, Henderson looks commanding when dealing with crosses and often manages to exert a vocal influence on his defenders. Although an outfield player in his youth, he enjoys “diving around in the mud in the wet and cold” and clearly made the right career choice. Particularly adept at launching attacks with long throws, he commented: “I watched a lot of clips of Peter Schmeichel on YouTube and thought throwing is a really good skill to have in your locker. It can be as effective as a big, long kick as it’s sharp and you can get on the break. I’ll keep working at it.”

DAZZLING DEBUT

His first appearance for United Reserves against Rochdale in the Lancashire Senior Cup back in September was one to savour. Warren Joyce's side won 3-2 and Henderson made a number of top-class saves to preserve the lead, with the pick of the bunch being an agile close-range stop to deny Joe Bunney and draw gasps from the crowd.

PERSONAL BEST

Despite the outstanding display against Rochdale, Henderson himself feels his finest showing came in a 1-0 win against Derby County at Under-18 level in February 2015. In a game best remembered for Oli Rathbone’s stupendous injury-time winner, the United keeper made a string of saves. “I felt we were struggling and under pressure at Derby but I helped hold the team together," he said.

CHOICE OF SPORTS

As a schoolboy, Dean played county cricket and was an accomplished batsman and wicket-keeper. However, since making his way in football, he has understandably had no time to continue playing the other sport.

http://www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 16
Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, chincarito, eyeofday, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, ivanzferdinand, NdeGue, penk22_, rio vander vidic, rohibur rizqi, Sigied Giggsy, tumpal_oneunited, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, zudomiriku