United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > On Loan

Old 06-05-2022, 04:19 PM   #111
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eric Bailly

Man United 'now accept that handing Eric Bailly a three-year contract was a MISTAKE' after he publicly endorsed a demotion for Harry Maguire and threatened to leave if he wasn't picked for last season's Europa League final

* Eric Bailly signed a three-year contract extension at Old Trafford in April 2021
* He has been frustrated with his lack of game-time with six starts this season
* Bailly believed he should play ahead of out-of-form captain Harry Maguire
* The club have privately admitted that handing him a new deal was an error

Manchester United have reportedly 'accepted' that handing a three-year contract to Eric Bailly was a 'mistake,' as the defender nears an exit from the club.

The 28-year-old signed the extension in April last year, in which he said at the time that he aimed to remain injury-free and accomplish his dream of winning the Premier League.

However, it has been a miserable campaign for the centre-back who has made just six starts all season and has been behind Harry Maguire, Raphael Varane and Victor Lindelof in the pecking order at Old Trafford.

The Manchester Evening News have reported that United have privately admitted that the decision to offer the Ivory Coast international a contract extension was an error of judgement.

It's said the deal took place due to former executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward's strategy of 'tying down peripheral players to new deals to increase their resale value'.

Bailly has grown disenchanted with life at Old Trafford due to his lack of opportunities and has been frustrated that out-of-form captain Harry Maguire has kept his place in the starting line-up ahead of him.

Manchester United and Eric Bailly are expected to part ways during the summer window. Bailly has been frustrated at his lack of game-time behind captain Harry Maguire

Those frustrations became public when he made a plea to start their 3-1 defeat to Arsenal ahead of Maguire.

Under training photos posted by the club on Instagram, a fan commented, 'start Eric Bailly x Varane', to which the centre-back replied: 'please!', followed by a laughing emoji and a pair of praying hands.

When asked about Bailly's post, interim boss Ralf Rangnick said: ‘If it’s true what you told me, it’s not the right sign and should not happen in a football club, no matter what league.

‘I’m not on Instagram. Listen, I’m not talking about my players in the press conference not knowing what has happened, it doesn’t make sense. I can only tell you, never in my life will I be part of Instagram.’

Bailly's issues at United go further back than that, as it's reported that he made an ultimatum to the club on the morning of the Europa League final.

He threatened to leave the club, just a month after signing his three-year contract, if he didn't start against Villarreal.

Bailly is also said to have threatened to leave United if he didn't play in the Europa League final. Manchester United 'accept' that handing Bailly a three-year contract last year was a 'mistake'

He did go on to start in what was a losing effort for the Red Devils, though part of that was due to Maguire only being fit enough to start on the bench.

Since joining the club for £30million from Villarreal in the summer of 2016, he has made 113 appearances for the club, scoring one goal.

Bailly has been plagued with injury issues since the 2017-18 season, which resulted in him dropping down the pecking order as new players arrived, and he recently has been left as an used substitute during games.

Though his contract expires in 2024, it's reported that he hopes to leave the club during the upcoming summer transfer window.

Phil Jones is also expected to leave the club, as the Red Devils plan to sign a new centre-back under incoming manager Erik ten Hag.

At the time of signing his new contract in April 2021, Bailly told the club's official website: 'I hope I can be ready and I don’t get any injuries and to be strong and finish the season well. I hope to win the Europa League this season.

'We will have more challenges next season - hopefully the Champions League - and, for me, my dream is to win the Premier League, that’s my big dream.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10785867/Man-United-accept-handing-Eric-Bailly-three-year-contract-MISTAKE.html
Old 24-07-2022, 04:37 PM   #112
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Jose Mourinho is looking to bring Manchester United defender Eric Bailly to Roma, but the Ivory Coast international is keen to stay at Old Trafford and fight for his place

* Eric Bailly has struggled for game time due to injuries in the past few seasons
* He is now wanted at Roma, where he would join his ex-teammate Chris Smalling
* United are open to offers for the defender after signing Lisandro Martinez
* Hannibal Mejbri has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford on loan

Manchester United defender Eric Bailly is attracting interest from Jose Mourinho at Roma.

Bailly has told United he wants to fight for his place after Napoli enquired earlier in the window.

However, United are open to offers as they look to offset their summer spend, including the £46m spent on defender Lisandro Martinez from Ajax.

They may still need to spend more this summer, with uncertainty over Cristiano Ronaldo's future meaning United could be left short on forwards as they head into next season.

Eric Bailly has struggled for game time due to injuries in the past few seasons. Jose Mourinho is interested in bringing the Ivory Coast defender to Roma

Bailly has made 113 appearances since joining Old Trafford in 2016, but has struggled to nail down a place and often been derided for his inconsistency.

He has been hampered by injuries in recent years, and failed to pass five league appearances in two of his last three seasons.

If Bailly was to move, the Ivory Coast international could join his former Manchester United teammate Chris Smalling, who has established himself as an important player at the Stadio Olimpico.

He was especially impressive in the Europa Conference League final last season, which Roma won.

United's Tunisia international Hannibal Mejbri, 19, has a number of Championship clubs keen to take him on loan with West Brom, Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Millwall among them.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11042217/Jose-Mourinho-looking-bring-Manchester-United-defender-Eric-Bailly-Roma.html
Old 25-08-2022, 09:27 AM   #113
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United defender Eric Bailly joins Marseille on loan for the season with an option to buy after the Ivory Coast star found himself out of favour under Erik ten Hag

* Man United defender Eric Bailly has joined Marseille on a season-long loan
* The Ivory Coast star has fallen down the pecking order under Erik ten Hag
* Marseille have an option to buy the centre-back after joining Igor Tudor's side

Manchester United defender Eric Bailly has joined Ligue 1 side Marseille on a season-long loan after falling out of favour with new boss Erik ten Hag.

Bailly will now link up with Igor Tudor's side, who have a £5m option to purchase the Ivory Coast defender if they qualify for the Champions League and if the player makes a certain amount of appearances, according to the Telegraph.

Manchester United said in a statement: 'Eric Bailly has joined French side Marseille on loan for the remainder of the 2022/23 season.

'Bailly’s move to the south of France includes the possibility of a permanent transfer at the end of the season.

'A popular member of the United squad, Eric has our best wishes for the campaign to come and we will be following his progress closely.'

Manchester United defender Eric Bailly has joined Marseille on a season-long loan deal. Bailly arrived at Old Trafford six years ago but his spell has been plagued by injuries. Despite United's defensive troubles, there seems no way back for Bailly under Erik ten Hag

Bailly joined United in 2016 but his spell at Old Trafford has been plagued by injuries. He has featured 113 times since sealing his move from Villarreal for £30million six years ago.

The 28-year-old started just three Premier League matches last season as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and then Ralf Rangnick favoured Harry Maguire, Raphael Varane and Victor Lindelof in central defence.

Bailly has played no part in United's opening two matches of the current season under new manager Erik ten Hag.

With Lisandro Martinez coming in from Ajax over the summer, Bailly was pushed even further down the pecking order at Old Trafford.

A regular in his first season, Bailly gradually fell out of favour amid a series of managerial changes and also suffered injury issues which restricted his game time.

Ten Hag has opted for a central defensive pairing of Maguire and Martinez in the opening matches of the season, before bringing in Raphael Varane for their 2-1 in over Liverpool.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11142851/Manchester-United-defender-Eric-Bailly-joins-Marseille-loan-season.html
Old 07-09-2022, 09:58 AM   #114
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Eric Bailly accuses Man United of unfairly 'favouring English players' rather than picking teams based on ability in a clear jibe at captain Harry Maguire, as he burns his parent-club bridges on loan at Marseille

* Eric Bailly made just four Premier League appearances for Man United last term
* He had fallen down pecking order under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Ralf Rangnick
* The Ivory Coast international joined French side Marseille on loan in summer
* He has now hit out at United continuing to pick Harry Maguire while struggling

Eric Bailly has accused Manchester United of a selection policy biased towards English players during his time at Old Trafford.

Bailly has taken a swipe, clearly with Harry Maguire among those he thinks were indulged, after joining Marseille on loan for the season and backed Erik ten Hag to solve the problem.

‘The club should avoid favouring English players and give everyone a chance,’ said the Ivory Coast centre half, who joined United for £30million from Villarreal in 2016.

‘Encourage competition in the dressing room, not just look out for some. I always had the feeling that the national player was prioritised. That doesn’t happen at Chelsea or other big Premier League clubs.

Eric Bailly has accused Man United of 'favouring English players' rather than choosing teams on merit. The Ivory Coast defender's comments are a clear jibe at United centre-back Harry Maguire

‘Some people take it for granted that they are going to start, and that weakens the team. Luckily, Ten Hag has a lot of character and I hope he can change that dynamic.’

Bailly was beset by injury problems during his six years at United and slipped out of favour once Maguire was signed in 2019, for £80million from Leicester.

Marcus Rashford, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Luke Shaw were among other English players to feature regularly during Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s three years in charge.

Bailly fell down the pecking order under both Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Ralf Rangnick. He chose to move to Marseille on loan with an option to buy in the summer transfer window. Bailly is hopeful the 'dynamic' will change under Erik ten Hag now in charge at Old Trafford

Across the last three seasons, however, Bailly has made only 20 Premier League appearances. He has two years remaining on his United contract but left for Marseille despite encouragement from ten Hag.

‘I met Erik ten Hag in the dressing room at the end of last season,’ Bailly told the Times. ‘I was packing my things because my intention was to leave, but he told me he wanted me to stay because he was going to give minutes to everyone.

‘I agreed to do the summer tour with United, and he kept his word, but I don’t want to play every now and then. I want to do it every week and feel important. I want to get my confidence back.’

Bailly is one of a dozen former Premier League players in the ranks of Marseille, runners-up in France last season, who have won five and drawn one of their six games in this campaign under new boss Igor Tudor.

Alexis Sanchez is banned and cannot play at Tottenham tomorrow after a red card playing for Inter Milan at Liverpool last season, but former West Ham hero-turned-villain Dimitri Payet is back from injury.

‘It was a personal choice, a family choice,’ said 35-year-old Payet, when asked about his acrimonious split with the Hammers in 2017. ‘I have stayed at Marseille so it’s not like I have moved around.

‘The Premier League helped me to realise a dream. Everyone dreams about playing here. I spent 18 months full of emotions but I have no regrets.

‘It was a pretty brutal break, that’s true, but I hope over the years West Ham fans come to understand.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11185305/Eric-Bailly-accuses-Man-United-favouring-English-players-picking-teams-ability.html
Old 14-10-2022, 09:24 AM   #115
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Eric Bailly SNUBS Cristiano Ronaldo as he reveals Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial are the two players that impressed him most during his time at Manchester United

* Eric Bailly says he was most impressed by Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial
* The Man United defender admits that Rashford was a player that 'blew' him away
* No mentions for Cristiano Ronaldo or Paul Pogba by the player out on loan

Manchester United defender Eric Bailly has revealed that Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial are two of the players at the club that impressed him the most.

The Ivorian centre-back is currently out on loan from the Red Devils at Ligue 1 side Marseille having spent five years at the club, but still thinks highly of the players still at Old Trafford.

While Bailly has played with some top-class players during his time at the club, such as Paul Pogba, Raphael Varane and Cristiano Ronaldo, however, none of these three were mentioned when he was asked about who impressed him the most.

The 28-year-old picked forward duo Rashford and Martial as the two players he named, with the English striker being touted as someone who 'blew' him away.

Bailly told L'Equipe: 'I knew a lot of great players in Manchester. But if I have to talk about everyone who impressed me, we're never going to finish this interview.

'There was incredible talent, both old and young. Someone like Marcus Rashford really blew me away. Anthony Martial too.'

Eric Bailly (right) has admitted that Marcus Rashford (left) impressed him while at Man United. Cristiano Ronaldo was not named by defender Bailly as one that impressed him

Both Rashford and Martial have seen their fortunes improve under new manager Erik ten Hag, with both becoming important members of the team, although the French attacker has struggled with injuries hampering his game time.

The duo had struggled for consistent form over the last year, with Rashford dropping out of the starting line-up on multiple of occasions and Martial being loaned out to Sevilla last season, which raised questions over his long-term future at the club.

Ronaldo was a notable admission from the defender as the five-time Ballon d'Or was not named.

The Portuguese attacker was the club's top scorer last season but has struggled for game time this season despite netting his 700th club career goal against Everton.

However, this season they have both started finding the net, with Rashford scoring five goals and Martial netting three times in all competitions this campaign.

Marseille's deal with Man United includes an obligation to buy Bailly at the end of his loan spell, and the current expectation is that his time in the Premier League has come to an end after a mixed spell at Old Trafford.

The defender helped the club in their Europa League and League Cup successes in 2017, but injuries have impacted his time in England.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11310953/Eric-Bailly-reveals-Marcus-Rashford-Anthony-Martial-two-players-impressed-most.html
Old 20-01-2023, 08:25 AM   #116
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United loanee Eric Bailly 'is hit with a SEVEN match ban' after he was sent off during Marseille's French Cup match for kung-fu kicking a fourth-division opponent in the chest - which put the player in hospital

* Eric Bailly was sent off in the 15th minute of Marseille's cup game with Hyeres
* He was shown a straight red card after catching his opponent in the chest
* The player reportedly suffered broken ribs, as well as lung and liver pain
* Bailly is now said to have been hit with a seven-game ban for the horrific tackle

Manchester United loanee Eric Bailly has been issued a seven match ban for kung-fu kicking an opponent in the chest during a French Cup match.

The incident occured in the 15th minute of Marseille's 2-0 victory over fourth division side Hyeres, as Bailly and Almike Moussa N'Diaye both went for a bouncing ball.

Bailly was just beaten to the ball and he could not halt his momentum as he went crashing into N'Diaye, kicking him in the right-hand side of his chest.

With the opponent flattened, the referee had no option but to show Bailly a straight red card.

Eric Bailly was sent off catching Moussa N'Diaye in the chest during their French Cup game

The referee had no choice but to show Bailly a straight red in the 15th minute

It has now been reported by French publication La Provence, that the 28-year-old has been issued a seven match ban.

Bailly is already two games into the ban, after he was forced to sit out their Ligue 1 victories over Troyes and Lorient.

It means though that he will miss their French Cup match with Rennes tomorrow, as well as their Ligue 1 clashes with Monaco, Nantes, Nice and Clermont Foot.

N'Diaye was taken off the pitch on a stretcher and taken to hospital after the horrible collision, with Le Parisien reporting that he had suffered broken ribs and also had lung and liver pain

Bailly visited N'Diaye in hospital to check up on him and apologise for the tackle.

N'Diaye has now left hospital but is expected to be out for several months.

N'Diaye had to be taken away in an ambulance to hospital after Bailly's wild challenge

Hyeres president Mourad Boudjellal said that Bailly 'apologised 150 times' for his tackle and also offered his jersey.

The Ivorian defender earned himself a reputation during his six years at Old Trafford for lurching from the sublime to the ridiculous, and fans criticised him after footage of the challenge went viral earlier this month.

'Eric Bailly doing Eric Bailly things,' one fan wrote alongside a facepalm emoji.

Another fan also seemed concerned for N'Diaye, writing: 'The same Eric Bailly that just got a straight red putting his boot right through the chest of a Hyeres player. Looks like he literally broke his ribs.'

Meanwhile, other fans saw the funny side at Bailly's misfortune as he got his tackle horribly wrong.

'Hold me Eric Bailly will never not be funny,' one supporter added. 'Eric Bailly direct red card LMFAO,' another wrote.

His season at Marseille has not gone to plan thus far, as he has been limited to just six Ligue 1 appearances.

The French giants have an obligation to buy him from United in the summer if certain conditions are met.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11653649/Manchester-United-loanee-Eric-Bailly-hit-SEVEN-match-ban-sent-kung-fu-kick.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 54
Aba_MaczUnited, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, AndreasBelitung, arik_, Blacklist7, chincarito, Deddy Hernandez, demon.nasution, dhodoadrian, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fredrian.seven, gery27, giggs26, goodmin, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, HenryRooney07, id4y, irulrozikin, ivanzferdinand, jifortin, Kurniawan Ani, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, nobitanta, penk22_, Regasiqbal, reza willya, RH20, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, roodee_UID, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, smile_boy, tumpal_oneunited, Wengge Schmeichel, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, Yayat Dg Kulle, zudomiriku