United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 04-10-2022, 06:16 AM   #21
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Raphael Varane

TEN HAG PROVIDES VARANE INJURY UPDATE

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has provided an update on Raphael Varane after the defender was forced off in the first half of the 6-3 defeat to Manchester City.

The defender appeared to pick up a knock after a collision on the edge of the Reds’ penalty area just after the half-hour mark.

Play resumed with the ball eventually going out for a corner, with Raphael then able to receive treatment. Having done that, however, he wasn’t able to rejoin the play until after the corner was taken, during which Manchester City doubled their early advantage.

Erling Haaland, the scorer, would go on to find the net again to make it 3-0 before Varane was substituted in the 40th minute, having been unable to continue.

The Frenchman didn’t go down the tunnel for treatment upon his withdrawal, but Ten Hag detailed that the injury was significant enough to bring his afternoon to an early conclusion.

“I don’t think so, that he would have carried on [if the score would have been closer],” Erik responded to a question about the defender’s substitution, in his post-match press conference.

“But you get him off because when you are 4-0 down, you don’t want to take a risk to get a bigger injury.

“But I think it’s that big, the injury, that he couldn’t carry on.”

The boss will likely provide a further update on the defender in midweek, ahead of the Reds’ upcoming Europa League game away to Omonia Nicosia on Thursday.

United have already lost one centre-back to injury in the last week, with Harry Maguire ruled out following the recent international break.

Victor Lindelof replaced Varane and played the remainder of the game at the Etihad Stadium alongside Lisandro Martinez in the middle of Ten Hag's defence.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2022, 03:59 PM   #22
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Raphael Varane says Cristiano Ronaldo's shock interview 'obviously affects' his Man United team-mates as the Frenchman becomes the first to speak out... and insists they'll 'accept' whatever decision is made over the Portuguese star's future

* Raphael Varane was asked for his thoughts on Cristiano Ronaldo's interview
* Ronaldo said he felt 'betrayed' by Man United and 'didn't respect' Erik ten Hag
* Varane, currently away from France, said it affects the entire United team
* He also says he will accept whatever decision the club make on the matter
* Ronaldo and Varane have a long history going back to their Real Madrid days

Raphael Varane has admitted Cristiano Ronaldo's comments 'obviously affect' his Manchester United team-mates as he became the first member of Erik ten Hag's squad to speak publicly on the wantaway star's incendiary interview with Piers Morgan.

The Portuguese superstar said he felt 'betrayed' by United and 'doesn't respect' manager Erik ten Hag, as he believes the Dutchman 'doesn't respect him'.

Varane, who has a long history with Ronaldo going back to their days playing alongside each other at Real Madrid, was asked to give his thoughts on Ronaldo's claims.

He told French radio station Europe 1: 'Obviously it affects us. We follow what is happening and what is being said.

'We try to calm the situation in our own way, we try not to get too involved in it.'

The defender, who is hoping to be fit in time for France's World Cup opener against Australia next Wednesday, also said he would back whatever decision the club takes on the matter.

Varane said: 'When it's a star like Cristiano Ronaldo, even more, so we try to take it with distance, that is to say that we do not try to change the situation alone, we are part of a collective.

'What I want is the best for my team so whatever the decision, as a player, we will accept it and give the best of ourselves.'

Raphael Varane has become the first Manchester United player to speak out on Ronaldo's interview. Varane said he would 'accept' whatever decision United take over Ronaldo's interview. Ronaldo's United team-mates reportedly were furious over his interview with Piers Morgan. Ronaldo and Varane first became team-mates back in 2011 when they were at Real Madrid before they later reunited at Manchester United in the summer of 2021

According to the Mirror, Ronaldo's team-mates do not want to return to training at United after the World Cup in Qatar.

The 'majority' of the squad have reportedly sided with Ten Hag and they believe reconciliation between the manager and the player is off the cards.

Ronaldo's team-mates are also fed up of Ronaldo's 'whining over his perceived mistreatment'.

ESPN reported they were 'furious' at the timing of the striker's outburst which first came to light on Sunday, feeling it took away from their victory just hours earlier.

Manchester United secured a dramatic victory over Fulham, in which teenager Alejandro Garnacho stole the headlines with his stoppage-time winner.

Ronaldo is currently with the Portuguese team, where he is training alongside United team-mates Diogo Dalot and Bruno Fernandes.

The 37-year-old exchanged a frosty handshake with Fernandes on the day after news of the interview first went public.

In his interview with Morgan on Talk TV, which has been drip-fed since Sunday, Ronaldo claimed that manager Erik Ten Hag doesn't respect him.

He said: 'I don't have respect for him because he doesn't show respect for me.

'Some people, they don't want me here - not only the coach but the other two or three guys. Not only this year, but last year too.

'Honestly, I shouldn't say that. But listen, I don't care. People should listen to the truth. Yes, I feel betrayed.'

Sportsmail on Monday reported that United are exploring ways of sacking Ronaldo and that lawyers are studying Ronaldo's claims to see if it constitutes a breach of his contract.

They are waiting for the rest of the interview which airs on Wednesday and Thursday, and issued a statement on Monday saying they 'will consider its response after the full facts have been established'.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11434867/Manchester-United-Raphael-Varane-says-Cristiano-Ronaldos-comments-affects-team.html
Old 16-01-2023, 08:38 AM   #23
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Raphael Varane insists 'everything is possible' in title race after Manchester United moved to within a point of second-placed Man City with derby win, but he admits it will be 'very difficult' to overhaul leaders Arsenal

* Fernandes and Rashford scored late on to secure a 2-1 victory on Saturday
* Erik ten Hag's side moved to within one point of second-placed Man City
* But Man United still trail leaders Arsenal by nine points after 18 matches

Raphael Varane says 'everything is possible' after Manchester United announced themselves as title contenders with a dramatic victory in the Old Trafford derby.

United trailed to Manchester City but stunned the champions with two goals in four minutes from Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford to win 2-1 on Saturday.

Erik ten Hag's side have moved to within one point of City although they trail leaders Arsenal by nine points and are in fourth place behind Newcastle on goal difference following Sunday's games.

Asked if United can mount a title challenge, Varane said: 'Everything is possible. We'll just take it game by game. It's a long way to go and it's very difficult.

'The intensity of every game is incredible, the physical effort. It's like the same intensity of a big Champions League tie every game. The rhythm is very high. The players are very well prepared physically. We know how difficult it is. But we're solid, we're strong. We just need to use the quality players with the ball.'

Raphael Varane celebrates Manchester United's dramatic 2-1 victory over Manchester City

Having lost the first derby of the season 6-3 to City at the Etihad in October, Varane revealed that United were well prepared to 'hurt' their opponents.

'We're now much better than the last game (against City),' added the France defender. 'We know better now what the manager wants and how he wants to do it. We've seen the evolution in this team. It was a complete game at a high level.

'You cannot leave a single second to chance against a team like City. We prepared so well tactically for this game with the manager. We spoke a lot with him and we knew exactly what we wanted to do.

'We know that City play very well. They press and they have a lot of the ball. So we chose when to press and where to close the spaces. We knew where to hurt them and we have players who are very fast up front. We had to use our fast players.

'After the first goal, we didn't let our heads drop, even though we conceded a goal in our home. But we also knew that we had the energy of the fans. We continued to follow our plan. Then we scored and that changed the whole game.'

The comeback sparked wild scenes inside Old Trafford, and Varane paid tribute to the United fans for their support.

'It's a stadium with a magnificent atmosphere – it's amazing,' he said. 'At the end I felt a connection with the fans. We really want to win and to do that against a big rival, in our home. We live stronger with this. It was beautiful.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11638451/Manchester-United-Raphael-Varane-says-possible-title-race-derby-victory.html
Old 03-02-2023, 10:55 AM   #24
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Raphael Varane STUNS France by RETIRING from international duty, when they were ready to make him captain, with Manchester United star, 29, suffering 'physical and psychological fatigue'

* Raphael Varane has announced his shock retirement from international football
* The Frenchman was part of the squad that won the 2018 World Cup in Russia
* Retiring from international duty will allow him to focus on Manchester United

Raphael Varane has stunned French football by announcing his retirement from international duty - despite being touted as their next captain.

The Manchester United defender was a key figure in helping Les Bleus lift the 2018 World Cup in Russia, and has ]made 93 caps for his country over the last decade.

His retirement continues to mark the end of an era for the French national team, after Tottenham keeper Hugo Lloris also announced his retirement from international duty last month.

France had intended to hand Varane the captain's armband in place of Lloris but in a statement on Twitter the Manchester United defender has put a swift end to those plans.

With the retirements of two experienced figures within the camp, Get French Football News have reported that Kylian Mbappe is expected to be named as the next captain of France.

Raphael Varane has announced his retirement from international football at the age of 29. Varane had been expected to replace Hugo Lloris (right) as France's new captain. Kylian Mbappe is now in line to take the captain's armband with Varane and Lloris retiring

Varane's retirement comes down to the 'physical and psychological wear and tear' he has suffered due a hectic playing schedule, as well as also wanting to spend more time with his family.

In his statement, alongside an image of him holding the World Cup trophy, wrote: 'Representing our great country for a decade has been one of the greatest honors of my life. Each time I wore this special blue jersey, I felt immense pride.

'The duty to give everything, to play with my heart and to win every time we entered the field. I have been considering this for several months and have decided that it is the right time for me to retire from international football.

'As a child, I remember following France 98, this team, these players who made us experience indescribable emotions. I dreamed of doing like our heroes and, 20 years later, I had one of the best experiences of my life, one that made me really proud.

'We brought the Cup home!! I will never forget him. I still feel every single emotion I felt that day, July 15, 2018. It was one of the greatest and most memorable moments of my life.

'This victory that we won together would never have been possible without the support of Didier Deschamps, of each of the members of the management and our staff during these years, of my teammates who defended our shirt at each of our matches. .

'But more importantly, this victory would not have been possible without the support of each of you along this path. Your enthusiasm, the celebrations and the memories of our return to France will remain etched in my mind forever.

'Even after the defeat in the final last year, with certainly a great run, you welcomed us as heroes when we returned. To each and every one of you, a thousand times THANK YOU!

'I will miss these moments with you for sure, but the time has come for the new generation to take over. We have a group of talented young players who are ready to take over, who deserve a chance and who need you.'

France manager Didier Deschamps in his own statement revealed that Varane called him a few days to explain his decision.

He hailed Varane as an 'intelligent boy' and remembered how the defender quickly became a regular for his side when he was a youngster at Real Madrid.

After the news was announced, Deschamps said: 'Raphael believes that he has reached the end of his adventure with the France team. I experienced a situation somewhat similar to his, I understand his arguments and respect his decision even if it may seem regrettable in view of all that he was able to do with the selection until the World Cup during which he behaved, from start to finish, like the leader we know.'

He added: 'Raphael, who was then a young talent in the making at Real Madrid, was in my first for the friendly match against Uruguay in Le Havre. He quickly established himself as a starter. I especially remember his authority during the comeback play-off against Ukraine in 2013. A first high-level performance.

'The first of a long list. If I did not hesitate to entrust him with the armband at 21, it is because he was already showing leadership in the group in his own way and with others. "Rapha" was an effective relay, one of the guarantors of the collective and its values.

'After Blaise Matuidi, Steve Mandanda and Hugo Lloris, Raphaël is the fourth 2018 world champion to retire internationally. As our paths diverge, I wanted to salute his honesty, his unwavering commitment to the blue jersey.

'Raphael has played a pivotal role on and off the pitch for the past decade. I took great pleasure in being his coach and I know that this is also the case for all of my staff. I wish him the best development and the best possible happiness.'

Didier Deschamps revealed Varane called him a few days to explain his decision. The news would be a boost for Manchester United with Varane who will get more time off

Both Varane and Lloris started the World Cup final in Qatar, where France just fell short of retaining the trophy after a penalty shootout defeat by Argentina.

Varane made his senior debut for France in a victory over Georgia in March 2013 during a qualifying match for the 2014 World Cup.

He quickly became a starter for Les Bleus, though a thigh injury kept him out of the 2016 European Championships.

He played every minute of the World Cup two years later, and scored the opening goal in a quarter-final victory over Uruguay.

Varane became only the fourth player to win the World Cup and Champions League in the same year after Christian Karembu (1998), Roberto Carlos (2002) and Sami Khedira (2014).

He also helped France win the Nations League in 2021, where they beat Spain 2-1 in the final.

His retirement would be a massive boost for Manchester United, as the defender will get the chance to rest-up during international breaks.

United have shown improvement in defence this season thanks to Varane's partnership with summer signing Lisandro Martinez.

Varane missed 13 games with injury last season, but has only been absent from three match-day squads for United in the league so far this campaign.

The defender and Lloris are not the only players to announce their retirement from international duty since the World Cup.

Karim Benzema announced he will no longer represent his country after Deschamps was accused of jumping at the chance to get rid of the Real Madrid striker when he broke down in pre-World Cup training.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11705415/French-defender-Raphael-Varane-announce-retirement-international-duty.html
padahal Varane masih umur 29, sebenarnya masih bisa lah ditimnas 2-4 tahun lagi. mungkin belakangan ini sering cedera jadinya pensiun, jadi bisa lebih fokus untuk United
Old 06-02-2023, 08:57 AM   #25
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I'm suffocating... the player is gobbling up the man': Man United's Raphael Varane opens up on his struggles and WHY he's quitting France duty at 29, despite being next in line to be his country's captain

* Raphael Varane announced his retirement from international football this week
* He has admitted that consistently playing at the highest level has taken its toll

Raphael Varane has revealed that he decided to retire from France duty because he was struggling to cope with football's 'overloaded schedule'.

Varane called time on his international career on Thursday, despite seemingly being at his peak and still two months shy of his 30th birthday.

But the Manchester United defender has opened up on how having to consistently play at the highest level has taken its toll on him and led to him taking the difficult decision to stop playing for France.

'I gave everything, physically and mentally,' Varane said in an interview with Canal+ that is due to be released in full on Sunday. 'But the very highest level is like a washing machine, you play all the time and you never stop,

'We have overloaded schedules and play non-stop. Right now, I feel like I'm suffocating and that [Varane] the player is gobbling up [Varane] the man.'

Raphael Varane announced his retirement from international football on Thursday. Varane - who won the World Cup in 2018 - says playing 'non-stop' has taken its toll on him

Varane's announcement was even more of a shock considering he appeared to be in pole position to be France's next captain after Hugo Lloris confirmed his international retirement last month.

Varane picked up 93 caps for his country after making his debut in 2013, and was a mainstay at the heart of the defence for a decade.

He played every minute at the 2018 World Cup as Les Bleus lifted the trophy for the second time in their history, and he played a key role in France's run to the final in Qatar last year.

The 29-year-old also won the Nations League with his country in 2021, as France came from behind to beat Spain 2-1 in the final.

He did not manage to win the European Championships, as France came up short in the 2016 final against Portugal, and there may have been the temptation to continue playing until next year's tournament.

But he has opted to walk away from international football after admitting that it was having an effect on his mental wellbeing.

Varane's retirement came as a shock to many, but was fully accepted by France manager Didier Deschamps, who thanked the centre-back for his 'unwavering commitment to the blue jersey'.

Varane's shock decision was accepted by France boss Didier Deschamps, who paid an emotional tribute to the defender. Varane has followed in the footsteps of Karim Benzema and Hugo Lloris by retiring from international football. Varane will continue to play for Man United, but will no longer represent France

But former France star Jerome Rothen has hit out at Varane, claiming he has made a 'stupid' decision to stop representing his country at such a young age.

Rothen has speculated that Varane's retirement could be a result of a poor atmosphere in the France dressing room, despite the team coming agonisingly close to retaining the World Cup at the end of 2022.

Varane is the third high-profile French player to retire from international duty in a matter of weeks, following in the footsteps of Lloris and Karim Benzema, who controversially missed out on the World Cup.

Benzema was sent home on the eve of the tournament due to a fitness issue, and did not return to Qatar, despite his agent claiming that he was available for the knockout stages.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11712679/Man-Uniteds-Raphael-Varane-opens-struggles-hes-quitting-France-duty-29.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 5
Andi Istiabudi, h-ANG, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku