United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 14-09-2022, 09:13 AM   #21
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Antony

Former Chelsea scout claims the club missed out on signing Man United's £85.5m man Antony before he joined Ajax as they could not get a deal over the line... and says the Brazilian has 'poison in his backside'

* Antony completed his £85.5 million switch to the Red Devils on deadline day
* An ex-Chelsea scout says he used to keep close tabs on the Brazilian
* Piet de Visser says the club were never able to make a deal materialise

Former Chelsea scout Piet de Visser says he was very interested in bringing Antony to the club during his time there but a move ultimately failed to materialise.

Antony began his career in his native Brazil before joining Ajax in 2020, where he forged a reputation as one of Europe's top young talents.

The 22-year-old earned a big money move to Manchester United in the summer but things would have played out differently had De Visser had his way.

Former Chelsea scout Piet de Visser (right) said he wanted to sign Antony before he joined Ajax

Antony left Ajax to sign for Manchester United in a deal worth £85.5 in the summer window

Speaking to Voetbal Nieuws podcast 'The King of Manchester', De Visser said: 'Together with Hans van der Zee [former Ajax head scout] we saw him for the first time at Brazil's youth ranks and we were both charmed by him.

'That was a few years ago, just before he went to Ajax.

'I thought he had to make an intermediate step and then Hans suggested Ajax. And then we would take him right from Ajax. We couldn't get him, I would have wanted him.'

De Visser also spoke of how he saw slightly dark side to the Brazilian's game while watching him.

'He's a boy with poison in his backside,' he said. 'He sometimes crosses the line, but he comes from the favela, doesn't he?'

Antony has made a bright start, scoring on his debut against Arsenal, but struggled in United's 1-0 defeat to Real Sociedad in their opening Europa League game of the new campaign last Thursday.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11206055/Former-Chelsea-scout-claims-club-missed-signing-Man-Uniteds-85m-man-Antony.html
Old 15-09-2022, 10:49 AM   #22
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

ANTONY EXCITED FOR FIRST UNITED AWAY APPEARANCE

Our Brazilian winger Antony says he feels honoured every time he puts on a Manchester United shirt, and is looking forward to pulling it on for the first time away from Old Trafford on Thursday, when United face Sheriff Tiraspol in Moldova.

The 22-year-old made his debut on Sunday 4 September, opening the scoring in our 3-1 victory over rivals Arsenal and exciting fans with his energy and trickery.

He also started the Reds' next fixture, once more at the Theatre of Dreams, as the Reds were narrowly defeated 1-0 by Real Sociedad on the Europa League's opening day last Thursday.

Ahead of our upcoming clash with Sheriff, and potentially his third United appearance, our no.21 expressed his desire to come away from Moldova with a positive result.

“I always look forward to playing in a United shirt,” he said. “It's always a reason to get excited.

“Unfortunately, we lost the last home game, [but] we now need to focus 100 per cent on the away game and bring the three points home.”

Sheriff were thrust into the European spotlight last season, when they defeated eventual Champions League winners Real Madrid in the competition's group stage.

But despite the threat our hosts pose, Antony reiterated Erik ten Hag’s demands for his players to give everything they have to each fixture.

“We'll face difficulties,” he said. “We know it will be a tough game.

“[But] everybody knows about the greatness of Manchester United, so we'll go on the pitch and honour this important badge.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2022, 06:09 PM   #23
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

ANTONY PREPARED MENTALLY FOR UNITED CHALLENGE

Manchester United winger Antony feels he was braced for the intensity of the Premier League after long following the English top-flight.

The Brazil international took only 35 minutes to find the net on his debut, opening the scoring against Arsenal in a blockbusting 3-1 victory over the early leaders.

While a period of adaptation is normal for footballers coming into the league, the 22-year-old feels he has settled quickly and, of course, will be helped by already playing under Erik ten Hag at Ajax.

Due to his exertions in training, the South American is confident he can build on his promising start to life as a Red.

"Training is very different but I'd prepared for it mentally," he told club media during an exclusive interview at Old Trafford recently. "I knew how intense it would be as I've always followed the Premier League. I knew how intense the games were and have prepared and trained a lot to be at 100 per cent as soon as possible.

"The team are part of an excellent squad so we have got to know each other and established an understanding to reach this level and develop our football. We are getting to know each other better each day, game by game, so that this harmony can flow and it all works out."

Antony's feels happy integrating with his new colleagues and the current time in France with Brazil team-mates Casemiro and Fred will ensure more continuity on this front, with challenges to come at home and abroad in a jam-packed October schedule.

"I'm enjoying it, it's the first few weeks but I've already discovered a few Brazilian restaurants," he said of his new Manchester home. "I went with Casemiro. We're settling in the city. I'm already adapting well here at the club. The people have made me feel really welcome and I'm feeling at home. We're settling in well in Manchester.

"I'm really happy to be with friends and working together here and with the Selecao. It's a great feeling. It actually makes the settling in easier, not just with the team-mates but all the other players have given me a warm welcome and this has really helped me to adapt."

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2022, 09:40 AM   #24
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'I knew how intense it would be': Antony admits training at Manchester United is 'very different' to at Ajax, but says he had 'prepared and trained' for the challenges of the Premier League

* Antony marked his PL debut with a goal in United's 3-1 win over Arsenal
* The winger previously worked with Erik ten Hag for over two years at Ajax
* He has admitted to finding training 'very different' at his new club
* Antony also spoke of how 'welcome' he had been made to feel in Manchester

Manchester United star Antony has admitted training sessions at his new club are more 'intense' than he was used to, but he was prepared for the change after 'always following the Premier League.'

The former Ajax man hit the ground running with a goal on his United debut in the club's 3-1 win over Arsenal earlier this month.

It was an important moment for Antony after some questioned his worth following an £86 million move on transfer deadline day.

'Training is very different but I'd prepared for it mentally,' Antony told MUTV. 'I knew how intense it would be as I've always followed the Premier League.'

'I knew how intense the games were and have prepared and trained a lot to be at 100 per cent as soon as possible.'

Antony has admitted that training at Manchester United is 'very different' to what he is used to. The Brazilian winger previously worked with Erik ten Hag for over two years at Ajax

'The team are part of an excellent squad so we have got to know each other and established an understanding to reach this level and develop our football.

'We are getting to know each other better each day, game by game so that this harmony can flow and it all works out.'

Antony also spoke of his experience living in Manchester with his Brazilian teammates. He said: 'It's the first few weeks but I've already discovered a few Brazilian restaurants. I went with Casemiro.

'We're settling in the city. I'm already adapting well here at the club. The people have made me feel really welcome and I'm feeling at home. We're settling in well in Manchester.

'I'm really happy to be with friends and working together here and with the Selecao. It's a great feeling. It actually makes the settling in easier, not just with the team-mates but all the other players have given me a warm welcome and this has really helped me to adapt.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11251411/Antony-admits-training-Manchester-United-different-Ajax.html
Old 06-10-2022, 09:35 AM   #25
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Antony 'IGNORED orders from Erik ten Hag to track back and help Diogo Dalot' during Manchester United's derby humiliation against rivals City, with the boss left fuming at his £85m summer signing

* Man United suffered a 6-3 derby battering at Man City on Sunday afternoon
* £85m winger Antony scored one of their consolation goals at the Etihad
* But he seemingly forgot about his responsibility to help out United's defence
* Ten Hag had reportedly stressed to the Brazilian he would have to track back
* But Antony infuriated his manager and Diogo Dalot by failing to do so

Manchester United's £85million signing Antony reportedly ignored orders from Erik ten Hag to track back and help the defence during Sunday's 6-3 drubbing by Manchester City.

While the Brazilian winger did score at the Etihad Stadium on what was a humiliating afternoon for United, he apparently didn't do enough defensively.

The Sun report that Ten Hag expressly told Antony he would have to help out Diogo Dalot when United came under pressure from City.

That message was hammered home in training sessions ahead of the derby and again before kick-off.

But Antony left both his manager and Dalot infuriated after he seemingly forgot this aspect of his gameplan.

Right-back Dalot was seen remonstrating with Antony, who moved to United from Ten Hag's former club Ajax in the summer, as he was repeatedly exposed by Jack Grealish and Bernardo Silva.

Dalot was booked in only the second minute for a foul on Grealish and was left walking a disciplinary tightrope as City attacked in waves.

Diogo Dalot remonstrates with Antony after the Brazilian failed to track back to help him. United manager Erik ten Hag had expressly told Antony he would need to cover defensively . The Brazilian scored at the Etihad Stadium but it was a mere consolation as United lost 6-3

Left-back Tyrell Malacia was also booked in the first-half as City used the flanks to excellent effect. Jadon Sancho, on his side, wasn't much better than Antony when it came to tracking back.

Both Phil Foden and Erling Haaland scored hat-tricks, with Antony reducing the arrears to 4-1 on 56 minutes before two late Anthony Martial goals made the scoreline slightly more respectable.

Former United star Paul Scholes made reference to the lack of work rate by Antony and Sancho in an Instagram post.

Accompanied by a picture of his former United team-mates Ryan Giggs and David Beckham, Scholes wrote: 'Anyone remember when wingers used to help their full-backs?'

Given Antony's experience of Ten Hag's playing style from Ajax, his unwillingness to help out the defence was all the more surprising.

United have the opportunity to return to winning ways on Thursday night when they play Omonia Nicosia in Cyprus in their latest UEFA Europa League fixture.

They are back in Premier League action with a visit to Everton on Sunday night.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11282201/Antony-ignored-defensive-orders-Erik-ten-Hag-Man-United-loss-Man-City.html
Old 06-10-2022, 12:26 PM   #26
tumpal_oneunited
captain
Once United Always United!!

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
tumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond repute

Lumayan nih, Antony udah 2 gol
Yuuk..terus berkembang menjadi lebih baik di United, Antony!
tumpal_oneunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 09:33 AM   #27
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumpal_oneunited View Post
Lumayan nih, Antony udah 2 gol
Yuuk..terus berkembang menjadi lebih baik di United, Antony!
hampir aja peluangnya berbuah gol, mirip2 kayak golnya pas derby kmrn, sayang ditepis oleh kipernya Omonia

Last edited by zudomiriku; 07-10-2022 at 09:36 AM..
zudomiriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 11:30 AM   #28
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I learn from him every day': Man United's £85.5m signing Antony reveals how much star forward Cristiano Ronaldo has helped him since his summer move from Ajax... and insists he's 'grateful' for helping him settle at Old Trafford

* Antony has opened up on the support Cristiano Ronaldo has given him so far
* The Brazilian winger moved from Ajax to Old Trafford this summer for £85.5m
* Antony, 22, revealed just how much forward Ronaldo has helped him at the club
* He insisted learning from the Portuguese forward's 'mentality' has been crucial

Antony has opened up on the support Cristiano Ronaldo has given him since his big-money summer transfer to Manchester United.

The Brazilian winger moved to Old Trafford for £85.5million from Dutch side Ajax, rejoining Red Devils boss Erik ten Hag, who also made the switch from Amsterdam this summer.

And Antony told Portuguese outlet A Bola that veteran forward Ronaldo, 37, is a brilliant example for him - and that he learns from the Portuguese 'every day'.

He said: 'Since I arrived, Cristiano Ronaldo has helped me a lot to feel at ease. He talks to me a lot, even on game days. He always tells me to be calm and confident.

'He has achieved a lot in football, and I learn from him every day. I am very grateful to have such an experienced person by my side helping young people every day.

Antony has opened up on the support Cristiano Ronaldo has given him since his summer move. The Brazilian winger, who transferred to Old Trafford from Dutch side Ajax in August for £85.5million, revealed he learns from the Portuguese 'every day'

'His mentality is so very strong. It's very smart. That mentality of his, of always looking to the next day, with everything still to play, is what I'm trying to absorb and keep for the rest of my life.'

Antony, 22, became the club's third-most expensive player of all time, behind Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku, meaning there is a lot of pressure on his shoulders to deliver.

He scored in his first three ever Premier League games in succession, becoming the first United player in history to complete that feat.

The 11-cap international will be hoping to be named in Tite's squad for the Qatar World Cup beginning in November, but faces tough competition from the likes of Raphinha, Richarlison and Rodrygo.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11316421/Man-United-Antony-reveals-Cristiano-Ronaldo-helped-summer-Ajax.html
Old 28-10-2022, 09:55 AM   #29
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He needs that knocking out of him': Scholes labels Antony a 'CLOWN' for showboating… with unimpressed Ten Hag hooking him off at half-time before saying sub was 'more or less' planned

* Paul Scholes slammed Man United's Antony for showboating on Thursday night
* The £85m star performed a 720-degree spin on the ball with the game goalless
* Straight after his trick, the forward then passed the ball straight out of play
* He was substituted at half-time by Erik ten Hag, who said it was always planned
* Scholes called him a 'clown' and said he needed the habit 'knocked out of him'

Paul Scholes has torn into Manchester United's £85million star Antony after he showboated with a 720-degree spin during their 3-0 win over Sheriff Tiraspol on Thursday night - labelling him 'a clown'.

Antony came under fire at Old Trafford as he found some space on the wing before performing his signature trick with the game goalless - before then carelessly putting the ball out of play after a poorly judged pass.

He was later subbed off at half time by boss Erik ten Hag - who looked far from impressed on the sidelines and shook his head before withdrawing him - and club legend Scholes warned the new signing he 'needs that knocking out of him' if he is to succeed at United.

Manchester United forward Antony was substituted at half-time after a poor attempt at a skill. Paul Scholes was particularly unimpressed and claimed he needed it 'knocked out of him'

Speaking on BT Sport, when asked if Ten Hag's decision was a result of his behaviour, he replied: 'More or less. I think it would have had a little something to do with it. You saw his reaction on the bench. I think it frustrated him. I just don't know what it achieves. I love a little bit of showboating, and entertainment but at least get the pass right.

'Does that do anything for anybody? Does that do anything for himself? I'd have to ask him - even at 4-0 up what does that do for you?

'This country, any country even Brazil. They don't want to see that do they? I like to see skills and entertainment, I just don't think it's skill or entertainment it's just being a clown.'

Earlier in the evening during half-time, the ex-United star also said: 'I don't know what he's doing. It's just ridiculous. It's showboating, just look at him (Ten Hag shaking his head), that sums it up what's he thinking.

'He's not beating a man, he's not entertaining anybody, it's 0-0 then he kicks the ball out. That's the way he plays I've seen him do it many a time at Ajax as well and that's just the way he is but I think he needs that knocking out of him.'

After the game, Ten Hag was quizzed on Antony's behaviour - but denied that the substitution was a direct result of the showboating.

'More or less planned,' he told BT Sport. 'If we are up, I wanted to see Cristiano and Marcus Rashford close together on the right side and that's one of the reasons.

'I thought Garnacho was playing quite well on the left side and he had good tempo dribbling. It was more or less planned.'

It wasn't just Scholes who was unimpressed with Antony as his fellow pundits laid into him - including Robbie Savage.

Erik ten Hag was left far from impressed by the display with his side still seeking an opener. Antony attempted a range of skills to try and break down the Sheriff defence in the first half. Antony has a history of attempting the spectacular but misread the situation on Thursday

Commentating for BT, Savage dubbed Antony's antics as 'ridiculous'.

'That for me is ridiculous,' he said. 'Because he's done that and then put the ball out of play - embarrassing! Doing that with nobody near him, and then he puts the ball out of play. If I was the manager, I would not be happy.

'And you can hear the crowd - he's trying to win a game, moving the ball quickly with nobody near him, and he puts the ball out of play! Embarrassing.'

The former Wales international was not alone in his deeply scathing assessment of the young Brazilian forward.

'If you're going to do it that final pass needs to be good,' added ex-Three Lions and United midfielder Owen Hargreaves. 'You can't kick it out. But that's how it is.

'At 0-0 you don't do that, even at three or 4-0 you don't really do that with respect to the other team. But players want to show their skills but they need to be functional with it. When you kick it out that doesn't help either.

'One spin is fine. The second one? We all want to see skill, we love it but you need to have skill with function,' he added post-match.

'If he does it in or around somebody I'd be jumping off my seat but to do it with no effect but I'm not sure what he's trying to achieve. That's his skill, he likes to do it. He probably wanted to show people at Old Trafford. Do one and get forward and take someone on. I don't think this country likes to see that.'

The 22-year-old has a reputation for attempting the spectacular, having tried the same piece of skill on several occasions to varying degrees of success under Ten Hag at Ajax in previous campaigns.

But the 52-year-old has now made clear his thoughts on the matter, and it remains to be seen whether the Brazilian will try something similar in his next outing.

United eventually took the lead just before the break with Diogo Dalot heading home before a second half nodded effort from Rashford and late goal from the returning Cristiano Ronaldo ensured Ten Hag's side progressed from the group stage.

They will now visit Real Sociedad in their final group match looking to win by two goals to skip a play-off round and advance straight to the last-16.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11362721/Erik-ten-Hag-hooks-Antony-half-time-half-showboating-left-pundits-far-impressed.html
Old 30-11-2022, 08:12 AM   #30
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

World Cup stadiums' air conditioning is making players SICK, says Brazil star Antony, with him and his team-mates left coughing and with 'bad throats' after playing on Qatar's cooled pitches

* Antony has blamed the air conditioning in the stadiums for getting ill in Qatar
* Tite's side were hit with a sickness bug ahead of their clash with Switzerland
* Antony, Lucas Paqueta and Alisson all sat out of training with flu-like symptoms

Brazil and Manchester United winger Antony has blamed the air conditioning in the stadiums for getting ill during the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Tite's side were hit with a sickness bug ahead of their Group G clash with Switzerland on Monday, which they won 1-0. As a result, Antony and several other players were ruled out of training.

Antony has blamed the air conditioning inside the stadium for giving him and his team-mates 'a cough and a bad throat'.

Antony - who was used as a second-half substitute against Serbia and Switzerland - admits he was feeling unwell in the days running up to their fixture with Murat Yakin's side.

Speaking to ESPN Brasil, the 22-year-old winger said: 'It was a bit difficult. I ended up having a bad feeling there for a few days that complicated me a bit.

'I'm recovering well and getting 100 per cent. It was more of a sickness, throat. It was the air conditioning (in the stadiums).

Brazil and United winger Antony has blamed the air conditioning in the stadiums for getting ill. Antony had to sit out of training ahead of their Group G clash with Switzerland on Monday. Lucas Paqueta and Alisson also missed out on training due to flu-like symptoms

'Not only me, but other players also had a cough and a bad throat.

'It's very difficult for me to get sick, but I'm happy to be an important part of the team. Whenever you need Antony, I'm available.'

Antony is not the only player who experienced flu-like symptoms. West Ham's Lucas Paqueta and Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson both sat out of training at various points after claiming they felt ill.

The eight stadiums being used for the World Cup in Qatar have been fitted with nozzles placed under seats and giant air vents at the top of the stands.

The eight stadiums being used for the World Cup in Qatar have been fitted with nozzles placed under seats and giant air vents at the top of the stands (pictured above). Fans and players feel they have over done it - pumping an excessive amount of cold air in

The decision to incorporate air conditioning into the stadiums came after criticisms over the temperatures in the Gulf state, even in winter months.

Given it can reach 50C (122F), event orgnaisers thought it would be important to keep the players cool during the tournament.

However, both the fans and the players feel they have over done it - pumping an excessive amount of cold air in.

Brazil are set to play their final Group G game against Cameroon on Friday at 7pm (UK time), with the Selecao needing just a point to secure top spot.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11482015/World-Cup-stadiums-air-conditioning-making-players-SICK-says-Brazil-star-Antony.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 4
Andi Istiabudi, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku