United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 03-02-2022, 08:37 AM   #541
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anthony Martial

Anthony Martial wasted no time getting to work with Sevilla after joining the club on loan

The26-year-old attended a club training session on Wednesday morning. The Manchester United outcast was seen warming up in front of the Sevilla management staff

He also took part in several warm-up games (above) before getting stuck into the session
Old 10-02-2022, 03:40 PM   #542
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Man United striker Anthony Martial snubbed moves to Juventus and Barcelona in favour of a loan to Sevilla, with France striker now targeting a goal glut to make their World Cup squad

* Anthony Martial left Manchester United in January to sign for Sevilla on loan
* French striker, 26, has revealed he turned down Juventus and Barcelona interest
* Martial said move to Sevilla was the 'best option' to get his career back on track
* Striker wants to rediscover his scoring form to play for France at the World Cup

Anthony Martial has revealed that Juventus and Barcelona tried to sign him on loan from Manchester United - but the French striker only had eyes for Sevilla.

The 26-year-old forward, who failed to live up to his full potential during six-and-a-half seasons at Old Trafford, joined the LaLiga club until the end of the season on January 25.

But Sevilla weren't the only club interested in signing Martial during the mid-season window, with the striker turning down grander clubs to go there.

In an interview with Diario de Sevilla, Martial said: 'Yes, it's true. Juventus tried to sign me.

'I talked to my agent and told him that I preferred to go to Sevilla. It was the best option for me and my family.

'Barcelona spoke with my agent. But, as I said, I spoke to my agent and told him: "My priority is Sevilla."

'And when I say something to someone, I don't change it, I keep my word.'

Martial was finding game time hard to come by at United and had scored just once in 11 outings for United this season prior to joining Sevilla on loan.

Anthony Martial has revealed he turned down interest from Barcelona and Juventus to sign for Sevilla on loan from Manchester United in January. The France striker has signed on loan until the end of the season as he strives to find form. Martial had struggled for game time at United, playing only 11 matches this season. Martial is hoping to rediscover his scoring touch to force his way back into the France squad

That wasn't enough playing time for Martial, who has ambitions to play for France at the World Cup in Qatar later this year.

The player has taken a cut on the £240,000-a-week wages he earned at United in order to secure the loan move.

He added: 'Both Sevilla and I have made an effort so that I could come. I have less salary, but I also know that paying my salary would be an effort for the club.

'So we've both made an effort. But I know that this effort will be good for both parties.'

Martial refused to rule out remaining at Sevilla after his loan, saying 'in football, you never know' but his time there began inauspiciously when he was hauled off on his debut.

He looked rusty during the goalless draw with Osasuna and was taken off with 14 minutes of the match remaining.

Sevilla manager Julen has called on Martial to do more following his debut.

'Anthony has to give us much more,' Lopetegui said, as quoted by Sevilla's club website.

'It was his first game and adaptation is not easy, he has played little this year and he has to get into dynamics and gain minutes and confidence.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10494271/Man-United-striker-Anthony-Martial-snubbed-moves-Juventus-Barcelona-join-Sevilla.html
Old 18-02-2022, 10:54 AM   #543
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Anthony Martial opened his Sevilla account in their 3-1 Europa League win over Dinamo Zagreb

Martial produced a cool finish from inside the box to move Sevilla 3-1 ahead on the night
Old 16-03-2022, 09:40 AM   #544
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

I lost my love for football in Manchester: United outcast Anthony Martial opens up on why his time at Old Trafford turned sour... and how he is now thriving on loan at Sevilla

* Anthony Martial joined Sevilla on loan from Manchester United in January
* The forward has found his love for football again while with the Spanish side
* The France international hopes to win a place back in their World Cup squad too

There's something a little different about Anthony Martial as he sits down at Sevilla's training ground to chat about life away from Manchester United. He's smiling for a start.

Those who know Martial well at United would say this is nothing unusual. His mood behind the scenes is said to differ from the image of a sullen Frenchman whose body language on the pitch often comes across as less-than-positive.

'Horrible' was how former United striker Dion Dublin described it after a Carabao Cup defeat to West Ham in September, and there are times when you wonder just how much Martial actually likes playing football.

'It's just because people don't really know me,' he says before facing West Ham again on Thursday, this time in the colours of Sevilla in the last 16 of the Europa League.

Anthony Martial joined Sevilla on loan from Manchester United in January. The Frenchman is back smiling again as he continues to enjoy himself on loan at Sevilla. It's in stark contrast to the forward's mood at parent club Manchester United earlier this term

'Sometimes you see me and I'm not smiling, but in life ask everyone: I'm always smiling.

'It doesn't reflect how I feel because on the pitch I try to do my best. I'm not smiling but I'm just focused. People can think what they want, it's okay for me.'

In fact, a desire to play more is what led Martial to ask to leave United in January and join Sevilla on loan until the end of the season. The 26-year-old had lost his place in the team and, increasingly, his love of football.

'For me, it was the best option to play and enjoy football again. I lost it a little bit in Manchester because I was not playing,' says Martial.

'I feel very good in Sevilla. The city is very good and we are a good team so, for me, it's perfect. I'm playing so I'm happy.

'But I'm here just until the end of the season and that's it.'

Martial will return to United this summer with two years left on his contract. How much longer he wants to stay at Old Trafford is another matter.

A career in England that started so well in 2015 after he became the most expensive teenager in history by joining United from Monaco for a fee of up to £58million had stalled by the time Martial met with new interim manager Ralf Rangnick to discuss his future in January.

The two men had clashed after Rangnick said Martial refused to be part of the squad to play Aston Villa, a claim the player publicly denied.

He was, however, determined to leave United after six-and-a-half seasons. The club's 23-goal top scorer in the 2019-20 campaign had found the net just eight more times in his next 48 appearances.

'I asked United to leave because I wanted to play,' says Martial. 'I still have a contract but they know what I want, so we will see at the end of the season.

Martial has admitted he lost his love for football while at the Red Devils and wanted to leave. Martial has scored one goal in six games for Sevilla, starting the last two on the bench. Martial says he told United manager Ralf Rangnick that he wanted to leave the club. He has settled into Spanish side with the help of France team-mate Jules Kounde. The 26-year-old harbours hopes of earning a recall to the France squad of the Qatar World Cup

'When he (Rangnick) arrived, my objective was to leave. I told him I wanted to leave and that's it.

'He talked to me and said, "if you want to stay, with the way you train you will play if you keep training like that". But I wanted to have a new atmosphere and a new club.'

Martial has scored one goal in six games for Sevilla, starting the last two on the bench after recovering from a hamstring injury.

He has settled into Julen Lopetegui's side and is overcoming any language problems with the help of France team-mate Jules Kounde. Winning back a place in the national side before France defend the World Cup in Qatar this year was another incentive for changing clubs.

'I didn't really know Jules, but now I know him more,' says Martial. 'I also have some players speaking French and English so it's better for me because my Spanish is not great. I try to learn a little bit, but it's difficult because the time is very short.

'The World Cup for me is an objective. I want to be part of this group and that's why I'm here today because I want to play and show I can be in the squad. I need to show my quality and score goals.

'Sevilla put a lot of intensity into pressing without the ball. That's what he (Lopetegui) asked me to do and I try to do. He's a good manager. You can see him on the line, he always lives the game. That's good for the players, it gives you energy.

'In Spain, I think all the teams try to play. They are very technical and try to have possession. In England, it's a little bit different. It is faster and more physical. For me, I just try to adapt and enjoy myself.'

The aim for the rest of the season is to help his new club hold onto second place in LaLiga behind Real Madrid and qualify for the Champions League, while maintaining a proud record in the Europa League. Sevilla have lifted this trophy a record six times and are hosting the final in May.

They hold a one-goal advantage over West Ham from the first leg in Spain last week, and Martial's record versus the Londoners - six goals and five assists in 14 games - is better than against any opponent except Everton.

So does he return to England with a point to prove to his critics? The smile turns into a laugh. 'I'm just going there to win and help the team qualify,' he says. 'I don't care what people say about me. Really.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10615995/Manchester-United-Anthony-Martial-admits-lost-love-football-Old-Trafford.html
Old 17-03-2022, 09:59 AM   #545
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'We all love him': Anthony Martial insists claims about Cristiano Ronaldo causing a dressing-room split at Manchester United are FALSE - as the on-loan Sevilla forward praises the 37-year-old's professionalism

* Anthony Martial has discussed claims Cristiano Ronaldo is a disruptive influence
* The Manchester United star, on loan at Sevilla, has insisted those claims are false
* Martial left Old Trafford for Julen Lopetegui's LaLiga side in the January window

Anthony Martial has denied claims that Cristiano Ronaldo is a disruptive influence at Manchester United.

Reports have suggested the 37-year-old forward, who returned to United this summer from Juventus, is causing a dressing-room split at Old Trafford.

But his Red Devils team-mate Martial, now on loan at Sevilla, insisted 'we all love' Ronaldo and hailed the professionalism of the Portuguese.

He said: 'Cristiano is a top professional, one of the best in the history of the game. We all love him.

'There are things that are said in the media that are not true.

'I was in that dressing room and I know what happened.'

Anthony Martial (left) has called claims Cristiano Ronaldo (right) is a disruptive influence 'false'. Reports have suggested Manchester United forward Ronaldo has caused a dressing-room split. But Martial, now on loan at Sevilla, insisted 'we all love him' and hailed his professionalism

The 26-year-old France forward fell out of favour at United, only scoring one league goal before making a temporary switch to Spain at the end of January.

In his six games in all competitions so far at the Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan Stadium, Martial has just one goal - none in the league - and has largely appeared from the substitutes' bench for the side currently second in LaLiga.

Speaking about his move to Sevilla, he added: 'I asked United if I could leave as I wanted to play. (Boss Ralf) Rangnick came in... and said if I wanted to continue, the way I was training, I was going to play.

'But I needed to find a new atmosphere, a new club. I still have a contract there, though, so I don't know what will happen when the season is over.

'I had many options, but I spoke to (Sevilla boss Julen) Lopetegui and (sporting director) Monchi and for me coming here was for the best. They made me feel important.

'I wanted to play and enjoy football again. I have lost time in Manchester without doing that and I needed it.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10620035/Anthony-Martial-insists-claims-Cristiano-Ronaldo-causing-split-Manchester-United-FALSE.html
Old 25-05-2022, 09:37 AM   #546
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Anthony Martial will NOT make a permanent switch to Sevilla this summer after his underwhelming loan spell, the club's president confirms... leaving the Frenchman to fight for his future at Manchester United under Erik ten Hag

* Anthony Martial has managed one goal in 12 appearances while on loan at Sevilla
* The Spanish club's president confirmed they will not make his stay permanent
* The 26-year-old striker was once the most expensive teenager in football history
* He will need to convince Manchester United he is still worth a place at the club

Sevilla president Jose Castro has revealed the club will not be turning their loan deal for Anthony Martial into a permanent transfer from Manchester United this summer.

The French striker moved to the LaLiga side on loan in January after struggling for game time in the first half of the campaign at Old Trafford.

The preference to play Cristiano Ronaldo and other forwards limited Martial to just eight Premier League games, from which he scored a solitary goal.

He has has failed to do better in Spain, however, scoring just once in 12 appearances as he has struggled with injuries and failed to win over the fans.

Now, the France international will not be signing permanently for Sevilla as they no longer feel he is worth the 40 per cent of his £240,000 weekly wage they pay him.

In quotes carried by The Sun, Castro said: 'Anthony Martial will return to Man United.

'We spent important money on him but it didn't work.

'Also, he had injuries and we're not going to buy him on a permanent deal'.

Martial will now have to convince incoming United manager Erik ten Hag that he can get his career back on track and earn a regular place.

Anthony Martial has struggled for fitness and form for both Manchester United and Sevilla. Martial became the most expensive teenager in history when he joined Man United for £36m

His woes in Spain continued Martial's fall from grace for the striker, who was once the most expensive teenage-signing in football history.

Martial signed for United for £36million as an exciting 19-year-old from Monaco.

Now 26, he has enjoyed career highs such as notching 23 goals in the 2019-20 season and picking up winners' medals in the FA Cup and Europa League.

Overall though, Martial has failed to live up to his early promise and Sevilla's refusal to sign him permanently is the latest example of that.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10851199/Anthony-Martial-set-return-Manchester-United-disappointing-loan-spell-Sevilla.html
Old 22-06-2022, 09:33 AM   #547
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United 'expect Anthony Martial to be at the club next season after a lack of transfer interest'... as Erik ten Hag 'accepts he may have to find a place for him' despite his desire to sign Ajax's Antony and a striker

* Manchester United are reluctantly expecting Anthony Martial to stay at the club
* There has been little interest from other clubs in signing the French striker
* Martial, 26, failed to impress on loan at Sevilla in the second half of last season
* Erik ten Hag accepts he may have to find a place for Martial in his new-look side

Manchester United are reluctantly expecting Anthony Martial to stay at the club next season because of a lack of interest in the forward.

The Frenchman signed for United for £36million as an exciting 19-year-old from Monaco in 2015 but has failed to live up to expectations at Old Trafford.

He moved to Sevilla on loan in January after struggling for game time at Old Trafford in the first half of the campaign but the Spanish side are not willing to make his move permanent.

It appears interest in Martial, who is available for transfer this summer, is particularly low and United are now expecting him to be at the club next season, according to the Manchester Evening News.

Manchester United are reluctantly expecting Anthony Martial to stay at the club next season. Martial moved to Sevilla on loan in January after struggling for game time at Old Trafford

It's claimed 'nobody is breaking down the door' to sign the 26-year-old, who is still under contract at Old Trafford until 2024 and earns £240,000 per week.

When he joined Sevilla on loan, Premier League sides Newcastle and Tottenham both made tentative approaches while Juventus and Barcelona were interested but did not want to take on his salary.

Martial has scored nine goals across his last two seasons in club football and finds himself way down the pecking order at Old Trafford behind Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Anthony Elanga.

Erik ten Hag wants to sign another centre forward to ease the goal-scoring burden on Cristiano Ronaldo and is also keen on Antony from Ajax, another player that would occupy a place in attack ahead of Martial.

The Dutchman reportedly accepts that he will have to find a place for Martial in his plans for the coming season if no club is willing to take the Frenchman.

Martial is due to report for pre-season training under Ten Hag at Carrington next week when those players who have not been on international duty this summer return to action.

Pre-season will be huge for Martial and he must impress his new manager in training and friendlies to have any chance of reviving his United career, which has stagnated in the last few years.

Erik ten Hag reportedly accepts that he will have to find a place for Martial in his future plans. The Frenchman signed for United for £36million as an exciting 19-year-old but has struggled

After netting a superb individual effort against United's arch-rivals Liverpool on his home debut, and the winner in an FA Cup semi-final in his first season, the difficulties began to set in for the talented forward.

Save for the second half of the 2019-20 season, he has struggled for consistency.

United's interim boss Ralf Rangnick shockingly revealed after United's 2-2 draw at Aston Villa in January that Martial had refused to link up with the squad for the Premier League clash in the Midlands, but the Frenchman denied those claims.

There is more excitement at United, however, over the prospect of Rashford reinvigorating his United career under the club's new manager.

Rashford's future at the club had been called into question but the England star has posted videos of him working out in the off-season and he's reportedly 'raring to go'.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10937605/Manchester-United-expect-Anthony-Martial-club-season.html
Old 16-07-2022, 09:52 PM   #548
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Erik ten Hag appears to rule out an exit for Anthony Martial this summer as he backs Frenchman to get 'even better' after his goal during Man United's 4-1 win over Melbourne Victory

* United netted twice in each half to come from behind against Melbourne Victory
* Erik ten Hag backed Anthony Martial to get 'even better' after the match
* The striker was tipped for an Old Trafford exit this summer but looks set to stay
* He scored in both the 4-0 triumph against Liverpool and 4-1 win in Melbourne

Anthony Martial has been backed to get 'even better' by Erik ten Hag, who was impressed by his goal-scoring display during Manchester United's 4-1 win against Melbourne Victory.

The French striker was seen as surplus to requirements under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Ralf Rangnick last season and was sent of loan to Sevilla in January after struggling to earn sufficient game-time at Old Trafford.

Following a scoreless nine-game stint in LaLiga, Martial returned to Manchester to train under the new Dutch boss and has since rediscovered his goal-scoring nous.

The forward scored his first pre-season goal in Tuesday's 4-0 win against rivals Liverpool and netted once again in Melbourne on Friday.

Ten Hag may be short of options up front next season as Cristiano Ronaldo expressed his desire to leave Old Trafford two weeks ago, but the new manager is confident in the returning Frenchman ahead of the new campaign.

'I'm sure [Martial] can come back even better,' Ten Hag said.

Boss Erik ten Hag backed Anthony Martial after his side beat Melbourne Victory 4-1 on Friday. The French striker scored shortly before half time to earn United their first lead of the match. The 26-year-old also scored against Liverpool in United's 4-0 victory on Tuesday. He could see an increase in game time after Cristiano Ronaldo expressed interest in leaving

'I think when he has the right focus and the right motivation and he works hard he will have production because he is a good player.

'I say when he has the right focus and every day delivers his max then he will have production and it's up to him.'

Martial joined Manchester United for £36million in 2015 and has since made over 250 appearances for the club.

The 26-year-old enjoyed his best campaign in 2019-20, when he scored 17 Premier League goals to end the season as the club's joint-highest scorer alongside Marcus Rashford.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11018191/Erik-ten-Hag-backs-Anthony-Martial-better-goal-against-Melbourne-Victory.html
sudah diberikan kepercayaan, semoga Martial musim ini lebih banyak berlari & bisa bangkit ditangan ETH, terlebih jika CR7 pindah, pasti lini depan United akan lebih banyak bertumpu pada gol2 Martial
Old 22-07-2022, 09:37 AM   #549
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Martial moves from Man United outcast to first-choice No 9 as Ten Hag confirms he'll STAY... Ronaldo cast a cloud over this tour but the Frenchman has been a breath of fresh air

* Anthony Martial has suddenly become Manchester United's first choice striker
* The opportunity presented itself and the Frenchman grabbed it with both hands
* He has scored in all three of United's pre-season games, including vs Liverpool
* The forward had previously admitted he had lost his love for football at the club

When Anthony Martial joined Sevilla on loan in January, it's safe to say that Manchester United and their erratic French striker were ready for a permanent parting of the ways.

Martial admitted that he had lost his love of football in Manchester, and United were ready to listen to offers this summer seven years after making him the most expensive teenager in football.

Things can change quickly in this game, though. Days after Martial left for Spain, Mason Greenwood was arrested and has since been unavailable. Edinson Cavani left Old Trafford at the end of the season, and top scorer Cristiano Ronaldo has yet to return amid concerns over his future.

Martial rejoined United this summer and has suddenly been propelled from an outcast to the club's No 1 striker on their tour of Thailand and Australia.

Anthony Martial has been in fine form during pre-season after returning to Manchester United. The forward has scored in all three games so far after being given a clean slate at the club

From looking like he was on his way, the 26-year-old is now nailed on to stay after Erik ten Hag ruled out the possibility of him being sold.

Even if Ronaldo was to return to training next week — which seems unlikely — Martial is set to start the season up front after seizing his second chance with both hands.

He has scored in all three games on tour so far against Liverpool, Melbourne and Crystal Palace, and added two assists. That's as many goals as Martial scored last season — one each for United, Sevilla and France.

If Ronaldo has cast a cloud over this tour then Martial has been a breath of fresh air. In the past, his body language has left a lot to be desired on and off the pitch, but sources describe a much more cheerful individual in camp on this tour.

There is a video on the club's website of Martial cracking up with laughter as he takes part in a staring contest with his France team-mate Raphael Varane.

Martial was on the scoresheet against rivals Liverpool during their friendly in Thailand. New Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has given Martial the chance to start fresh

In training at the WACA in Perth on Thursday, he looked United's most polished performer as Ten Hag's squad trained in front of thousands of fans.

On days like that, it is easy to wonder at Martial's talents but also question just how close he has come to letting them go to waste.

After moving to Old Trafford from Monaco in a deal worth up to £58million in 2015, Martial was the club's top scorer with 17 goals but lost his way after that, eclipsed by the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Cavani and Ronaldo.

He has frustrated a succession of managers at United. Martial fell out with Jose Mourinho and was fined after going AWOL from the club's tour of the US in 2018 to be at the birth of his baby boy in Paris.

Mourinho wanted to sell him but was blocked by the board who thought he could be as good as Kylian Mbappe.

By the time interim manager Ralf Rangnick had replaced Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in November, Martial had decided he wanted to go.

Martial went on loan to Sevilla last season but again struggled for consistency whilst in Spain. The 26-year-old had asked to leave United over a lack of playing time but didn't get his move

The two men clashed after Rangnick said Martial refused to be part of the squad to play Aston Villa, a claim the player publicly denied. But Martial got his wish in January and told Sportsmail in an interview two months later that he had little desire to go back.

'I asked United to leave because I wanted to play,' said Martial. 'I still have a contract but they know what I want, so we will see at the end of the season.

'This was the best option to play and enjoy football again. I lost it a little bit in Manchester because I was not playing.'

Things didn't work out the way he wanted in Spain, and fate has delivered Martial back to United with the chance to start over.

Another United player hoping that will the case for him is Donny van de Beek.

The Dutchman has been reunited with his old Ajax boss ten Hag after spending the second half of the season on loan at Everton and facing the possibility of leaving Old Trafford just two years after arriving in a £40million deal.

If Van de Beek thought his ties with the new United boss would give him an advantage, he was mistaken.

He has been a substitute in each of the first three games under ten Hag, who warned the midfielder that he has work to do.

'Donny has the capability, I have seen it, but he has to prove himself,' said ten Hag.

'Me as a manager and the coaching staff around him can do everything to set the right conditions so he can perform, but in the end the player has to do it by himself.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11037221/Anthony-Martial-moves-Manchester-United-outcast-main-man-Frenchman-stay-Old-Trafford.html
Old 09-08-2022, 10:01 AM   #550
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He can't deal with the pressure!': Graeme Souness claims Anthony Martial is 'not for Manchester United' as he compares him to fellow Frenchman Paul Pogba and suggests the duo 'pick and choose' when they use their talent

* Graeme Souness has criticised Manchester United forward Anthony Martial
* He claimed Martial 'can't deal with the pressure' of playing for the club
* Martial is currently has a hamstring injury but enjoyed a positive pre-season
* The Scot also bashed Paul Pogba, who left United for Juventus this summer
* He suggested the duo 'pick and choose' when they use the talent they have

Graeme Souness has criticised Manchester United forward Anthony Martial, claiming 'he can't deal with the pressure' of playing for the club.

Martial seems set to play a key role for new United manager Erik ten Hag this season after returning from a loan spell at Sevilla, but is currently out injured and missed his side's opening weekend loss to Brighton.

Speaking on Talksport, Souness, who is Sportsmail's latest columnist, claimed that United won't miss the Frenchman, and likened him to Paul Pogba, who left Manchester for Juventus this summer.

'In United's case, they've not really recruited any game changers,' Souness said.

'When you are talking about "we are going to miss Martial", how many opportunities is that young man going to get to be a Manchester United player?

'He's proven already to me he's not for Man United. He can't deal with the pressure of playing at Man United.'

He continued: 'Man United are one of the biggest clubs in the world. They are in a cup final every time they go out and play a game of football.

'As Liverpool are, as Chelsea are as Man City are now. Welcome to the big league.'

Anthony Martial has had a torrid time at Manchester United but is set for a fresh start. Graeme Souness criticised Martial, claiming 'he can't deal with the pressure' at United. Martial, 26, was in good form for United in pre-season before picking up a hamstring injury. Souness claimed Martial has had many opportunities to prove himself at Man United

Souness also criticised Paul Pogba, who left the club for free for a second time in June despite joining from Juventus for £89million six years ago.

The former Liverpool manager compared Martial to his countryman, suggesting both players don't always play to the best of their abilities.

'It's a bit like Pogba,' he said. 'I see both of them and I see players in them and qualities that few players possess.

'But it's on their terms and they pick and choose when they use it.

'When you play for a big club you cannot be like that. When you are at a big club you play in a cup final every week.

'These players are not up for that, they're not up for the fight. There's no good being a great player in training or being a great player once every six or seven games.

'You're at a big club because you want to win things and want to be challenging all the time. In basic terms, they are dodgy.

'They are not people you can rely on, end of.

'I don't think you can rely on Martial any more, not that you ever could. He's been far too hit or miss.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11091751/Graeme-Souness-SLAMS-Anthony-Martial-claiming-hes-not-Manchester-United.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 118
Aba_MaczUnited, abeat_bjm, abishock, AdhiX, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, ANGGAHERRERA, Ardiey11, arik_, Artson_Toraja, asby_ansya, asririzky, Aziiz_rachman, B4YU, bang_zak, beckz_on7, Blacklist7, CaptainRoo_10, chincarito, clsenz, danz, dayat_5, Deddy Hernandez, derajulio, dhany_kai, dhodoadrian, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, edoardo, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, Fajar_, Febri Angga, fey777, finza_13, fredrian.seven, ghopoereds, goodfron, goodmin, Gustiono, h-ANG, HaHa, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, iam_adjie, icalace, id4y, ipay, ivanzferdinand, J. A. Adji, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, JEFRI REINALDI, jifortin, Jodirama, jojo poenya, Juni HW, King_Cantona, kykyba7, Lang25, larukuga, lauraniza, man_rooney, marsel david, matthewsamad, mousetrap, Mritik123, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, nobitanta, oldark, penk22_, prahmono, Rean, Redsbusby, revald, reza willya, Rezano, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, robby7beckham, ronald hars, roodee_UID, RPP_MUFC1878, Ryan Smith, Ryan_lallo, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, simamora16, SR 7, stamansa, Taufik_Liem, tumpal_oneunited, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, Van_Munandar, Victory, victory II, weelblack, Wengge Schmeichel, widhyraditya_, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, yogiromadhona, Zakaria Jhack, zudomiriku