United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 19-04-2021, 10:03 AM   #81
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mason Will John Greenwood

Manchester United matchwinner Mason Greenwood fires warning to title rivals City that 'anything is possible' after win over Burnley closed gap to Premier League leaders to eight points

* Manchester United beat Burnley 3-1 on Sunday with Mason Greenwood's double
* The Old Trafford side closed to eight points behind leaders Manchester City
* Greenwood still believes there's room for a City slip-up to keep the race alive

Mason Greenwood scored twice to sink Burnley at Old Trafford on Sunday and then warned Manchester City that ‘anything is possible’ in the Premier League title race.

Manchester United’s win put them eight points behind Pep Guardiola’s league leaders with six games left to play.

City famously recovered from the same position to snatch the title away from United nine years ago and Greenwood believes the same is possible now.

Mason Greenwood is still aiming for the Premier League title, insisting there's still time left. The teen scored twice in a 3-1 win over Burnley, extending United's relentless winning form

‘You can never be sure, they might slip up,’ said United’s teenage striker. ‘Anything’s possible. Hopefully they drop some points but we just have to keep focussed on our games.’

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praised his players for maintaining their pursuit of City and promised to fight until the end.

‘I’m really proud that we never give up and we have proven so many teams this season our fitness and resilience,’ said Solskjaer.

‘It’s unrealistic but stranger things have happened in football. We just have to do our job.’

Manchester City are eight points ahead of United but lost to Leeds in their last league game. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be delighted to hear his player is continuing to aim for the big prize

Burnley boss Sean Dyche felt the scoreline was harsh on his team after they fought back to equalise before losing to two late goals.

‘I wouldn’t like to disrespect them because they are a top side, but it was a closer affair than the scoreline suggests for sure,’ said Dyche.

‘I thought we were seeing the game out well and might have had the chance to nick it, then they get one out of the blue. It’s a double deflection, one off Charlie Taylor and one off Corky (Jack Cork).’

Defeat left Burnley six points off the relegation zone but with a game in hand on third-from-bottom Fulham.

‘We’re still battling away down there and mentality is the key,’ said goal scorer James Tarkowski.

‘We can’t rely on other teams to do our job for us. We are still in the fight until mathematically it’s done.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9484889/Mason-Greewood-fires-warning-title-rivals-Manchester-City-possible.html
Old 11-05-2021, 10:27 AM   #82
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'I'll keep scoring so no-one else can break the record': Mason Greenwood rejoices in surpassing Wayne Rooney to become Man United's all-time top scoring teen and admits he wants to retain the honour forever

* Wayne Rooney's record as Man United's highest scoring teen has been broken
* With his goal against Aston Villa Mason Greenwood has moved ahead of Rooney
* Greenwood hit the second goal as United came from behind to take a 3-1 victory
* Youngster has pledged to score more so the record will always belong to him

Mason Greenwood insists he wants to keep scoring goals in order to make it impossible for future generations to surpass his remarkable record.

Greenwood took centre stage as Manchester United pulled off a stunning comeback victory over Aston Villa on Sunday, scoring his side's second goal which in turn broke a record held by an iconic name.

In hitting the back of the net, Greenwood surged past none other than Wayne Rooney in becoming the highest scoring teenage star in Manchester United's illustrious history.

The goal marked number 16 for Greenwood, who will turn 20-years-old in October, since his debut for the club in 2018.

Club legend Rooney had been United’s previous highest-scoring teenager with 15 goals but now Greenwood is determined to continue hitting the back of the net in order to shore up the record and make it all the more impressive.

Speaking to MUTV following the Villa win, Greenwood said: ‘It was a good goal.

‘I just knew that he [Tyrone Mings] was coming tight to you in the box, so if you get a little movement then you can get half a yard. I finished it well, I’m happy with my goal today.

After hitting the net against Aston Villa, Mason Greenwood broke a special United record. Greenwood is now United's highest scoring teenager ever, surpassing legend Wayne Rooney. Greenwood, who turns 20 in October, pledged to score more so his record will always stand

‘Hopefully there are many more to come. I’ll try and keep scoring goals so no one else can come and break the record in the future! I’m happy scoring goals.’

Noting United's tendency this season to go behind to opponents, Greenwood said: 'We’ve got a little bit of a bad habit.

'It’s not so bad if we come and get the three points; it’s just a wake up call when they score.

‘We know we can come back second half and get the three points. We need to work on it and not give little goals away in the first half so we don’t have to come back from behind.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9561151/Mason-Greenwood-rejoices-surpassing-Wayne-Rooney-Man-Uniteds-time-scoring-teen.html
semoga Greenwood bisa juga memecahkan rekor gol Rooney
Old 19-05-2021, 12:04 PM   #83
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Mason Greenwood opens up on a 'difficult' time at Manchester United after criticism following his England exclusion for sneaking girls into the team hotel in Iceland... but he insists he has 'overcome the mental challenge' to thrive

* Mason Greenwood says it has been 'mentally challenging' to overcome criticism
* Greenwood says he had to 'push that to one side just to concentrate on football'
* The 19-year-old reveals he is happy to be back playing his 'best football' now

Mason Greenwood has spoken about how it was 'mentally challenging' to overcome criticism at Manchester United.

The 19-year-old came under fire last year but says he is now 'happy' to be back playing his best football.

The brunt of the criticism came when he was sent home by England after breaching the Covid-19 protocols - along with Manchester City's Phil Fioden he sneaked girls into the team hotel in Iceland.

Now, the academy graduate is in fine form and has learnt to deal with those outside voices to prevent them from becoming a distraction.

Speaking to Sky Sports about the pressure he was under at United, Greenwood said: 'It was difficult.

'You know how it is, it was obviously going to come. It was a mental challenge but you have to block it all out really. If you play for United, one of the biggest clubs in the world, you have to overcome that.

Mason Greenwood (above) says it has been 'mentally challenging' to overcome criticism. However, Greenwood said he had to 'push that to one side just to concentrate on football'. The 19-year-old reveals he is 'happy' to be back playing his 'best football' at Man United now

'I have pushed that to one side just to concentrate on my football. I have overcome it now. I am happy to be back playing my best football.'

Greenwood became an integral part of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's squad after graduating from the academy system.

He also earned his spot in Gareth Southgate's England side after scoring 17 goals for United last season.

However, he was later sent home from the senior squad for sneaking a beauty queen into the team hotel in Iceland. While Man City midfielder Foden was included in the November internationals, Greenwood was once again left out.

He believes he has used his exclusion from the England squad to learn from his mistakes and fulfil his potential.

He said: 'My hold-up play has improved. I don't think I give the ball away as much as I used to do when I was younger and just coming into the team. I know the game a bit more and the pace of the Premier League a bit more. It has all come together.'

Asked if he could land a place England's 26-man squad for the European Championship, Greenwood said: 'It would be nice to go to the Euros but I just want to be fully focused on United for these two games and the Europa League final.

'What happens, happens. I have not really been thinking about it too much. I have just been going out there thinking about my performances for United, how to score and help the team score. I have just been focusing on my football.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9590779/Mason-Greenwood-opens-difficult-time-Man-United-facing-criticism-time.html
setelah kasus Iceland, nama Greenwood sempat tenggelam, sedangkan Foden mulai bersinar bersama City dan menjadi gelandang masa depan yg menjanjikan. nah sekarang giliran Greenwood yang mulai menemukan penampilan terbaiknya, semoga dipertahankan dan kejadian kemarin dijadikan pelajaran dimasa depan
Old 25-05-2021, 09:59 AM   #84
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United wonderkid Mason Greenwood believes he has enjoyed a BETTER season than last year despite scoring fewer goals - with in-form teenager insisting he now feels like 'more of a player for the team'

* Mason Greenwood believes his all-round game has been better this campaign
* Manchester United starlet Greenwood has been in fine form since mid-March
* Despite scoring less this term, Greenwood says he has been better than last year
* Greenwood's heroics have put him in contention for England's Euro 2020 squad

Manchester United wonderkid Mason Greenwood says he has enjoyed a better season this year than the last campaign despite scoring fewer goals.

Greenwood, 19, burst into United's first-team in spectacular fashion in 2019 and has netted 12 goals across all competitions this time around.

And, despite scoring less and enduring a significant barren spell, the teenager is adamant that his overall performances have been at a higher level than ever before.

'I think I've done better than last season,' Greenwood said. 'The performances when I wasn't scoring, I still think I was playing well. I don't think I was playing poorly.

Manchester United ace Mason Greenwood says he has enjoyed a better season than last year. Teenager Greenwood has netted five goals less than last campaign but feels he has improved

'The final end product might not have been there and obviously towards the end of the season it's kicked in, but I still feel like I've done a lot better than I had last year.

'My goals and assists might not seem like it but in my opinion, and maybe the players around me, I feel like I'm more of a player for the team now as well.

'You've still got to defend. You can't always just score, you've still got to do the other sides of the game.

'It's good to be back on the scoresheet and doing well, but I'd choose the team first and I'd rather have a good performance than just to score one goal and to not play well.

'I'd rather do it for the team because, at the end of the day, it is a team sport and that's what I'm here to do.

'To be a part of the team and hopefully goals and stuff can help the team as well.'

Greenwood endured a lengthy barren spell in front of goal but recently burst back into form. United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has fielded Greenwood prominently once again this year. With United next taking on Villarreal in the Europa League final, Greenwood will hope to start

Highly rated prodigy Greenwood notched 17 goals last season, capping off his stunning rise through the ranks at Old Trafford, but, in comparison to his own lofty heights, he has endured a more difficult current campaign.

Eight of his tally this term have come since mid-March - but his return to a rich vein of form has fired him into contention to be named in England's squad for Euro 2020. The Three Lions' group will be revealed on Tuesday.

Greenwood also broke the record at United for the most Premier League goals by a teenager, which saw him jump above Marcus Rashford and Wayne Rooney.

The starlet will look to keep up his red-hot streak when United aim to take home their first trophy since 2017 on Wednesday in Gdansk, Poland.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team head to Gdansk for the Europa League final to face Villarreal - and Greenwood has highlighted the importance of silverware.

He said, via ESPN: 'To bring home a trophy is something the club needs, to bring home some silverware.

'We've not had any for a few years. To be a part of the team that actually does win a piece of silverware will be a good feeling.

'When you come and you're in the academy, there's pictures and photos on the walls of them back in the day winning the Champions League, the Premier Leagues, the FA Cups and that's what it's all about, really, for a football club.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9613611/Manchester-United-wonderkid-Mason-Greenwood-believes-enjoyed-better-season-year.html
Old 27-05-2021, 11:11 AM   #85
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

IAN LADYMAN: Mason Greenwood is a No 9 in waiting and must move to centre stage at Manchester United... Ole Gunnar Solskjaer did not get the best from him against Villarreal and paid the price

* Mason Greenwood may need to make the transition to central position soon
* The teenager is such a talented finisher he deserves chance in front of goal more
* Too often against Villarreal he was isolated out wide for Manchester United
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will have to decide where he wants Greenwood to play

With 20 minutes left of normal time, Marcus Rashford missed a chance that could have settled this game earlier. Had it fallen to Mason Greenwood, it may well have been taken and United may have been spared this embarrassment.

If the most natural scorer of goals at Manchester United is the magnificent Edinson Cavani then his most natural successor is probably the kid fifteen years his junior.

At United’s Carrington training ground, they have talked about Greenwood for years. The only decision United and their manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will have to make about the 19-year-old at some stage is where exactly to play him. They certainly did not get the most from him in Gdansk.

The only decision Manchester United have to make about Mason Greenwood is his position. Edinson Cavani gets centre stage but the teenage star deserves opportunities centrally

Quick and two-footed, Greenwood can play wide on either side of the field. Here he was stationed on the right and was increasingly impressive until he was rather bafflingly taken off ten minutes in to extra time.

But Greenwood is such a natural and instinctive finisher it seems inevitable he will eventually be moved in to a more central position. It feels a little as though that transition must come soon.

This was the biggest game of United’s season, indeed of Solskjaer’s reign at Old Trafford.

In the end it went badly wrong and in retrospect it was regrettable that Greenwood, one of the club’s most natural goal scorers, rarely found himself in a position to look at goal.

Greenwood was at times isolated out wide where his natural finishing can be at times wasted

With Cavani in the side, it is understandable that the Uruguayan be afforded centre stage. He is without equal at the club.

Greenwood, however, is a terrific, potent striker, a player who gets shots away off either foot. Too often in this game he seemed rather isolated in the United formation and given the amount of attacking players in this team – Rashford included – there must be a reason why they managed only three shots on target in the two hours of play that preceded the penalty shoot-out.

United were slow and predictable in the first half of normal time. As such it was not until the last minute of the opening period that Greenwood produced his first notable moment.

The 19-year-old was dangerous in wide positions but didn't receive the ball often enough. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer did not get the best out of Greenwood and has a decision to make

There was nothing mysterious about the way he surged past the Villarreal midfielder Alfonso down the United right. He just pushed the ball past him and beat him for pace on the outside before crossing low to the near post.

Two-footed, Greenwood has the ability to vex defenders when isolated against them simply because they do not know which way they will go. The problem here was that he simply was not seeing enough of the ball.

Greenwood at least tried to stick to his role. On the left Rashford too often pushed inside looking for possession and all that did was narrow the scope of United’s attacking play. He scored a very composed penalty but prior to that had a bad night.

Greenwood showed a little more game intelligence and at times it is hard not to compare the two players.

Rashford has been United’s great home grown attacking hope for a while now. He remains a fine player and will be in Gareth Southgate’s revised England squad of 26 that is announced next week ahead of the European Championships.

As for Greenwood, he may not make the cut. But as Solskjaer attempts to move this United side further down the road, it would not surprise many if the younger player was the one to come to the fore.

Much will depend on him. Away from the pitch, he may still need to sharpen things up. On it, he may before long need to play as a number nine.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9623281/IAN-LADYMAN-Mason-Greenwood-number-nine-waiting-Manchester-United-ready-centre-stage.html
Old 03-06-2021, 09:48 AM   #86
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Mason Greenwood 'told coaches he was "utterly exhausted"' after being hauled off in Manchester United's penultimate game against Fulham before the young forward pulled out of England's Euro 2020 squad with an underlying injury

* Mason Greenwood was forced to pull out of England's Euro 2020 squad
* The Man United starlet withdrew as he recovers from an underlying injury
* The forward reportedly told coaches he was 'utterly exhausted' last month

Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood reportedly complained of feeling 'utterly exhausted' last month after being hauled off against Fulham.

The teenage starlet finished the campaign in great form for the Red Devils - netting eight goals during a clinical spell that began in March - and he looked nailed on to earn a place in Gareth Southgate's England squad.

But Greenwood was forced to withdraw from the group preparing for Euro 2020 as he bids to recover from an underlying injury - believed to be relating to his groin - before next season kicks off.

Man United's Mason Greenwood reportedly complained of tiredness after playing Fulham. The forward is said to have told coaches he was 'utterly exhausted' after being subbed off

According to the Athletic, Greenwood's fitness issues were evident towards the end of the campaign having told coaches about his struggles after he was substituted by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in the 1-1 draw against Fulham.

Greenwood has endured a long season - which has seen him make headlines for the wrong reasons after inviting girls back to his hotel room with Phil Foden during England's trip to Iceland.

He picked up the niggling problem earlier on in the year - with the same issue believed to have ruled him out for the Under 21 championships in March.

United told the England camp that he would be unavailable 48 hours after their Europa League final defeat by Villarreal last week, a game that saw Greenwood play 100 minutes as they were taken to extra-time.

Greenwood was later forced to pull out of Gareth Southgate's England squad through injury

He looked bright despite failing to inspire his side to the trophy, but was clearly lacking in energy and did not look disappointed after being taken off.

A statement from United read: 'Mason's club appearances were managed carefully to maintain his availability through the intensive 2020-21 Premier League and Europa League schedules.

'But a further spell of tournament football would not be beneficial and Mason will remain at Manchester United to recuperate and prepare for pre-season training.'

Talking over his selections for the Euros, Southgate insists Greenwood was 'never an option' for his squad ahead of the tournament.

He played 100 minutes in the Europa League final vs Villarreal but highlighted fitness issues. He had looked nailed on for England after finishing the season with eight goals since March

'He had to pull out on Friday, we knew he wasn't a contender for the last few days,' he said. 'At that point (we) hadn't got to the level of decision on reducing to 26.

'It is unfortunate for Mason to miss out on a tournament. Even though he is young these opportunities don't come around often. We know what an exciting player he can be, but he wasn't an option for us.'

Greenwood, who missed out on a place alongside United team-mate Jesse Lingard, had been riding a wave after finishing the campaign with a flourish - just as he did in 19-20, which saw him score 17 times in all competitions.

Even though he only netted 12 this time around, he still feels he enjoyed a superior season because he now feels like a 'team player'.

'I think I've done better than last season,' Greenwood said. 'The performances when I wasn't scoring, I still think I was playing well. I don't think I was playing poorly.

'The final end product might not have been there and obviously towards the end of the season it's kicked in, but I still feel like I've done a lot better than I had last year.

'My goals and assists might not seem like it but in my opinion, and maybe the players around me, I feel like I'm more of a player for the team now as well.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9644027/England-Mason-Greenwood-told-coaches-exhausted-subbed-Man-United.html
Old 29-06-2021, 09:47 AM   #87
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jamaica lining up another sensational swoop as they 'aim to persuade England and Man United star Mason Greenwood to switch allegiances'... after succeeding earlier this year with West Ham's Michail Antonio

* Greenwood was likely to have been picked in England's Euro 2020 squad if fit
* The 19-year-old forward has been capped once by England in September 2020
* He was withdrawn from the squad after breaking coronavirus rules in Iceland
* Unlike Phil Foden, who was also involved, he has not yet returned to the squad
* Jamaica have made moves to tempt 15 English stars, including striker Antonio

Jamaica's football team are reportedly preparing another sensational swoop in persuading England and Manchester United star Mason Greenwood to switch his international allegiance.

Sportsmail revealed the Caribbean island country's ambitious plans back in March to call up 15 English stars, including West Ham's Michail Antonio, who has since snubbed England in favour of choosing Jamaica, according to reports.

As reported by the Telegraph, Red Devils forward Greenwood is the next Premier League player Jamaica want to help them reach next year's Qatar World Cup, with Ravel Morrison, Andre Gray and Kemar Roofe also thought to be in their plans.

The 19-year-old United hotshot could well have been named in Gareth Southgate's senior England squad for Euro 2020 had he not been injured, and also missed the U21 Euros in March.

He has not played for his country since his senior debut against Iceland in a UEFA Nations League tie in September 2020, when he and Phil Foden were sent home for breaking Covid-19 rules by inviting girls back to the team hotel.

Although Gareth Southgate has shown willingness to rehabilitate Foden, Greenwood was forced to wait longer but seemingly fought his way back into contention after a hot streak of eight goals in 11 matches at the end of last season.

Greenwood qualifies for Jamaica via his parents and could make the switch despite that Iceland appearance, with a senior Jamaica Football Federation source stating they would welcome him.

Jamaica are reportedly trying to get Mason Greenwood to switch his international allegiance. The Manchester United star has only received one England cap and qualifies via his parents. Jamaica previously persuaded West Ham striker Michail Antonio to pledge himself to the side

Theodore Whitmore's side have pulled together an eye-catching side for the CONCACAF qualifiers for 2022, captained by Adrian Mariappa and including Bayer Leverkusen's Leon Bailey, plus Bobby Decordova-Reid and Liam Moore.

Max Aarons, Demarai Gray, Ivan Toney, Liam Moore, Isaac Hayden, Ethan Pinnock, Mason Holgate, Rolando Aarons, Curtis Tilt, Jamal Lowe, Amari'i Bell and Kasey Palmer were previously targeted as well.

JFF President Michael Ricketts confirmed that many of the players they want to call-up are in the process of acquiring a Jamaican passport, saying in March that despite delays due to the pandemic, he was 'hopeful' he would get them in reasonable time.

Jamaica's move for English players is reminiscent of their 1998 World Cup squad, which included seven stars from these shores, including Frank Sinclair, Robbie Earle and Marcus Gayle.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9733759/Jamaica-aiming-persuade-England-Man-United-star-Mason-Greenwood-switch-allegiances.html
sepertinya Greenwood tidak akan membela Jamaika, hanya menunggu waktu untuk tampil di timnas senior Inggris
Old 16-08-2021, 01:32 PM   #88
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Mason Greenwood has 'turned into a man' over the summer after the striker showed his speed and strength to score in Leeds thrashing

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Mason Greenwood became a man during the summer
* The 19-year-old scored the third goal in Manchester United's 5-1 win over Leeds
* The striker showed his pace and power as he held off challenges from defenders
* Solskjaer said Greenwood has 'filled out' and become a bigger presence up front

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been impressed by teenager Mason Greenwood's accelerated progress having 'turned into a man' over the summer.

The 19-year-old academy graduate has scored 30 goals in 106 first-team appearances, having made his debut in the remarkable Champions League triumph at Paris St Germain in March 2019.

Greenwood's latest strike came in Saturday's 5-1 season-opening defeat of Leeds, when the United forward raced onto a fine Paul Pogba pass before firing home a low strike.

It is the kind of ability that saw Gareth Southgate name the teenager in his provisional Euro 2020 squad, only for injury to see him withdraw from contention.

The England boss was in the stands at the weekend to see the way Greenwood benefitted from a summer off, with Solskjaer excited by the strides he is making.

'I think you can see the benefit in his... I think you can see how much work he has put down this pre-season in his summer,' Solskjaer said. 'He's turned into a man.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Mason Greenwood turned into a man over the summer. The United boss said the 19-year-old has 'filled out' and benefitted from a summer break

'He's filling out, he's stronger. His stride is stronger - you know, when he ran away from the defender and scored his goal, it was a joy to see.

'His approach, attitude, application, everything he has done every day has been just better and better and I think that's maturity as well in the kid.'

Asked if versatile attacker Greenwood thrives on responsibility as the focal point, Solskjaer said: 'I don't know. He just loves playing football wherever he is on the pitch.

'He's so clean on the ball, strong. I think he enjoyed taking corners.

'When you've got kids who just play with courage, no fear whatsoever. It doesn't really matter where he's at.

'But he's more than capable now of using his body, as I said. He's filled out so much more. He could play through the middle dealing with bigger centre-backs.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9896513/Man-United-boss-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-says-Mason-Greenwood-turned-man-summer.html
semoga dengan absennya Rashford pasca operasi membuat Greenwood lebih sering dimainkan dan bisa membayar kepercayaan yg diberikan dengan bermain bagus dan mencetak lebih banyak gol (daripada Martial)
Old 20-08-2021, 10:09 PM   #89
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Rio Ferdinand heaps praise on Mason Greenwood for his 'joke' performance against Leeds and says the Man United striker is growing into the frame of Wayne Rooney

* Rio Ferdinand heaped praise on Manchester United striker Mason Greenwood
* The pundit described the youngster's performance against Leeds as a 'joke'
* Greenwood looked strong and sharp as he led the line at Old Trafford
* Ferdinand believes the 19-year-old is growing into the frame of Wayne Rooney

Rio Ferdinand lauded Mason Greenwood for his 'joke' performance against Leeds and believes he's growing into the frame of Wayne Rooney.

Greenwood opened his Premier League account as United thrashed Leeds at Old Trafford, with the teenager scoring the third goal with an exquisite finish.

The striker has benefitted from having the summer off after pulling out of England's provisional squad for Euro 2020 and looked strong and sharp as he led the line for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side.

Rio Ferdinand heaped praise on Mason Greenwood for his 'joke' performance against Leeds

And Ferdinand was full of praise for the 19-year-old. 'I saw some of the stuff in that game where I know some of the coaches and people behind the scenes at Man United are saying this isn't a surprise,' he explained on his FIVE Youtube channel.

'It has just been waiting to happen in the first team and his body is catching up.

'He knows what he needs to do. Wayne Rooney, when he came into the first team, was physically ready, he was a man already. You can see Mason Greenwood is growing into that frame.

Ferdinand comapred Greenwood's journey to the first-team with that of Wayne Rooney

'Graeme Souness [who praised him on Sky Sports] was right, he was one of the stand-out players.

'Some of the movement, the ball retention, shrugging people off and the finish was a joke.

'He ran half the pitch and I always say to be able to run half the pitch and finish like that, to do something like that... I think if he had gone to the Euros, he would have had a massive impact off the bench.

'He just knows how to score goals at any level.'

Solskjaer was also full of prasie for Greenwood after his performance against Leeds and said the youngster 'turned into a man' over the summer.

'I think you can see the benefit in his... I think you can see how much work he has put down this pre-season in his summer,' Solskjaer said. 'He's turned into a man.

'He's filling out, he's stronger. His stride is stronger - you know, when he ran away from the defender and scored his goal, it was a joy to see.

'His approach, attitude, application, everything he has done every day has been just better and better and I think that's maturity as well in the kid.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9911137/Man-United-Rio-Ferdinand-heaps-praise-Mason-Greenwood-joke-performance-against-Leeds.html
Old 23-08-2021, 08:49 PM   #90
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Mason Greenwood insists Man United 'should have gone for the throats' of Southampton as he rues 'two dropped points' after being held to a draw despite coming from behind

* Mason Greenwood rues Man United's missed chance at a win over Southampton
* The forward scored a second-half equaliser to salvage a point at St Mary's
* But Greenwood insists United should have 'gone for the throats' after equalising
* The draw saw United equal Arsenal's Invincibles' away-win record in the league

Mason Greenwood insists Manchester United 'should have gone for the throats' and pushed for a winning goal in their 1-1 draw with Southampton.

The United forward scored a 55th-minute equaliser to cancel out Fred's own goal on the half-hour mark, after Che Adams' shot took a wicked deflection off the Brazilian and in past David de Gea.

The point ensured United maintained the record-equalling 27-game unbeaten run on the road in the Premier League – a record tied with Arsenal's Invincibles side across 2003 and 2004 – but Greenwood admitted he came away from St Mary's feeling 'disappointed'.

'It was a difficult game,' Greenwood told Sky Sports. 'Southampton defended well but in my eyes we dropped two points.

'When we got the equaliser we should have gone for the throats, the time went away and we did not get the winner towards the end.

'Paul Pogba is an excellent player and he helped with the goal, he is a clever player and we are glad to have him here.

'It is a good squad and excellent for players to be fighting for their place.'

Mason Greenwood rues Manchester United's missed chance at a win over Southampton. The United forward scored a second-half equaliser to salvage a point at St Mary's on Sunday. Greenwood's goal means he now has 31 goals to his name for United having not yet turned 20

While the end result was disappointing to Greenwood, the United academy graduate insists the unbeaten record is something to be proud of and he applauded the travelling away support on Sunday.

'We've done well,' Greenwood added, when asked about the unbeaten run on the road.

'It's hard coming away from home to play at these away grounds and with the fans back today it makes a difference but hopefully we can go onto the next game and win.'

While Greenwood was made to rue a missed chance to get the new campaign off to a flying start with back-to-back wins, United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes Southampton's goal should not have stood.

Solskjaer claims Bruno Fernandes was fouled in the build-up to Southampton's goal, but also accepted that United should still have coped with the danger.

'It seems like football's gone from one extreme to the other, that's a foul definitely,' Solskjaer told Sky Sports.

'But you don't get every decision in football and we should have reacted better.

'We need better reactions when we don't get decisions.

'It's a game that they can win, we can win; we should have, could have scored a few.

'When they scored we lost our heads a little bit.

'After half-time I thought we were good again, until we scored. Then the last 15, 20 we lost our shape and got sloppy.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9916669/Mason-Greenwood-insists-Man-United-gone-throats-draw-Southampton.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 15
adaastopa5922, Andi Istiabudi, bbobbyitta5057, h-ANG, Hilman-Bukan-Superman, jehnzhulze7993, Legolash, m4nunited, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, Riskur, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku